• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Skywalker

Far Away Land comes to D&D (Swords & Wizardry to be precise)

Far Away Land is a indie RPG that has been around for sometime now. Its essentially a cross between old school D&D and Adventure Time and had its own system that used pools of d6s. The creator plans to release a OSR version of the rules using Swords & Wizardry as its base. Its currently in...
  2. Skywalker

Mutant Year Zero - running a campaign with all the books [Warning: SPOILERS]

I am contemplating running a mega-campaign if of Mutant Year Zero, using all the books. However, rather than running them sequentially, my thought is to use MY0 to bind the whole thing together with the other three as extended flashbacks to introduce parts of the world. The setup in MY0 promotes...
  3. Skywalker

[The One Ring] Best scenarios for convention play

I am looking for opinions on what are the better published The One Ring scenarios for running in a 3 to 4 hour slot at a convention. I have all of the PDFs, read summaries, and skimmed the scenarios available, but it can be difficult to get a feel for which work best without actual experience...
  4. Skywalker

D&D5e - Has anyone done an urban fantasy RPG yet?

Ideally something like Monte Cook's World of Darkness for 5e.
  5. Skywalker

[Zweihander] Max number of spells you can learn

In Zweihander, it states that the max number of spells that a PC can learn is: This all seems pretty clear. However, given that a PC may effectively only learn one set of Arcana or one set of Prayers, and each of them only has 3 Lesser Magick spells and 3 Greater Magick spells, this doesn't...
  6. Skywalker

[Zweihander] What is Covenant Magic?

It’s in the upcoming Main Gauche supplement but there is no detail of what it consists of?
  7. Skywalker

[Esper Genesis] Storm King's Thunder

This thread follows this one: https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?831791-Which-D-amp-D5e-campaign-book-would-be-best-converted-over-to-space-opera I started reading Storm King's Thunder for my reskin to Esper Genesis. I want to retain an adventurous vibe like D&D without simply making "D&D in...
  8. Skywalker

Which D&D5e campaign book would be best converted over to space opera?

I am looking to run a D&D campaign book with Esper Genesis. Esper Genesis is a space opera reskin of the D&D5e ruleset. However, I am undecided which of the D&D campaign books would be best reskinned in the same manner. I appreciate that there will need to be some significant reskinning...
  9. Skywalker

[Esper Genesis] Core Manual is out to backers.

I just received the PDF of the Esper Genesis core manual. It’s a 300 page equivalent of the PHB with 9 races and 8 classes. The chapters mirror closely those in the PHB and there are additional chapters on starships and space travel and another outlying the setting. The quality seems high...
  10. Skywalker

Forbidden Lands - a new fantasy RPG from Fria Ligan

Fria Ligan are kickstarting a new fantasy RPG next week. They had hinted at a fantasy RPG to come, but I think this is much more than what most people expected. Given the recent success of their last few releases (Coriolis and Tales from the Loop), I imagine that this is of interest to others...
  11. Skywalker

[d20/True20] A book for creating PCs with supernatural and monster like traits

This is specially for True 20 but are there any good resources out there for creating PCs with permanent supernatural or monster like traits. Powers and magic reflect temporary or concentrated use of such traits but I am looking for stuff more like a PC who is a vampire or Hellboy (or any of the...
  12. Skywalker

[Stars Without Number] Cyberpunk and Polychrome

How good is Polychrome, and much information does it include, to convert SWN into a ruleset for a cyberpunk setting like FFG's Android?
  13. Skywalker

[Silent Legions] Replacing 2d6 with 1d20

In an effort to make Silent Legions an easier transition for my D&D5e/Godbound group, I am thinking of replacing the 2d6 roll for skill checks with 1d20. FWIW I don't have a conceptual issue with a different type of dice rolls for skills and I understand that the bell curve of 2d6 has a lot...
  14. Skywalker

For Sale Dungeon World Hardcover

I have a copy of the Dungeon World book in hardcover and in Near Mint condition that I am looking to sell. Before I take it to the usual venues, please feel free to make an offer. Given its rarity, I am looking for offers above ~$90 or ~£60. I note that I live in New Zealand, the shipping...
  15. Skywalker

[Modiphius Conan 2d20] Static damage and soak question

Other than reduced randomness, are there any other issues with the following variant for damage in 2d20? - Damage isn't rolled. It is a static number applied to Vigor or Resolve. - Soak isn't rolled either, and just reduces damage direct. - For every 3 damage, you also get 1 Effect. It seems...
  16. Skywalker

[Adventures in Middle-Earth] Its out (and initial observations)!

The book is out and its good. My summary of initial observations: 1. Its closer to D&D than I was expecting but still pleasantly altered enough to make it feel like ME. This is great result. 2. There is a shift from Culture to Classes. The 6 new Classes are 5e style and detailed. The Scholar...
  17. Skywalker

[Godbound] Tweaks for use with Exalted

[Godbound] Seeking feedback on tweaks for use with Exalted I am going to be running an Exalted game using Godbound and have come up with some minimal tweaks to the Deluxe version material. I am looking for feedback on these tweaks, though I am neither looking to debate the use of Godbound...
  18. Skywalker

[Advanced Fighting Fantasy] Big News - PDFs and Sci Fi sister RPG

Big news on the AFF front with PDFs finally being authorised. You can get the corebook and the Hero's Companion on DTRPG: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/186396/Advanced-Fighting-Fantasy-2nd-Ed. All others will follow, including Titan and Out of the Pit. Also, a Sci Fi sister RPGs, Stellar...
  19. Skywalker

[Savage Worlds] Looking for RPGs that don't follow the usual format.

Most Savage Worlds RPGs seem to follow a pretty usual format of mechanical information upfront, with lists of rules changes, archetypes, and edges/hindrances, followed by a section on the setting. I generally find this format to be lacking, despite recognising its value for referencing. I...
  20. Skywalker

[5e] Amethyst Quintessence

I see Amethyst has finally made it to 5e: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/176948/Amethyst-Quintessence-5E Have anyone picked this up and comment on its quality? I like Amethyst and D&D5e, but found some of the previous conversion work to be of variable quality.
Top Bottom