• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. N

The Boys - new superhero show from Amazon

I just started. Om Ep1 and I like it so faar but I do wonder Ennis apparent personal dislike of superheroes (or at least it feels that way much of the time) will become grating particularly as it seems to extend to some degree of contempt to fans of the genre.
  2. N

Black Mirror S5

Agreed, the ambiguity is what really made the episode memorable for me. So many aspects depended on interpretation. Even the 'sex as a woman is awesome!" part was subject to various takes, anything from sheer novelty, some reflection of Karl's inner nature or just "the grass is always greener"...
  3. N

🎨 Creative [Game] What's the origin? YOU Decide! (Supers, Image heavy potentially slightly nsfw)

Thanks! I hope you enjoyed Lavender. Does any one have any ideas about this guy?
  4. N

Scion 2nd Edition

I don't read much "Urban Fantasy" and the series I've read didn't have every mythology being literally true. Same with comic book universes. Myths were interpretations of actual events some times, some were fabricated or conflated from the actions of other superhuman beings (for example), the...
  5. N

Scion 2nd Edition

Well,for one, I haven't run across it much. And Mutual contradicting things ALL being literally true doesn't entertain me, it gives me a headache unless there's prodigious explanation given to it which usually comes down to they're not literally true or are from "A certain point of view" And...
  6. N

Dragonball Super: Its FINALLY struck me why I'm not as into the Tournament of Power business...

I guess I'm just stupid then .:) But more seriously, it really didn't strike me. Every character but Gohan seemed not to give crap what they were doing and even he seemed to get over it in a burst of pragmatism. And frankly, some of the protagonists in the franchise can be dicks or have real...
  7. N

Scion 2nd Edition

Which is another aspect of it that I don't get but, in any case, setting wasn't something I was planning on using for much more than some inspiration.
  8. N

Scion 2nd Edition

Its not that people shouldn't its more that they can't... not believe in Gods and divine power. The children of Gods aren't walking around the real world performing supernatural miracles and demonstrating divine power truly and unquestionable exist being common knowledge and apparently all...
  9. N

Scion 2nd Edition

That does seem a bit odd. Is it that well known these are "god" related or is it more like a supers setting where there's only one origin/source of power (more or less) but that's not common knowledge just that there's people doing obviously superhuman/supernatural things?
  10. N

Black Mirror S5

Good point, I sort of thought she was seeing what her husband would chose their 'role play' or the other, but she may have just been going with "good for goose, good for gander"... That ending was tauntingly vague. I enjoyed the episode and the ideas it touched on so the (to me) indeterminate...
  11. N

Scion 2nd Edition

That's not a good aspect for me. I enjoy detailed skills with the shorter lists in ST derived game being a general sticking point with them. I'm not certain about the "momentum" aspect but light touch "metacurrency" tends not to both me too much as it helps to capture the more feel of the...
  12. N

Scion 2nd Edition

Is there anyone with more detail to off on the "approaches" method? I think I get it but I don't want to imagine its worse (IMO) than it actually is.
  13. N

🎨 Creative [Game] What's the origin? YOU Decide! (Supers, Image heavy potentially slightly nsfw)

(I like the image. I hope this background does it some justice) Background: Debra Polgrane was born to a single mother, poor and desperate but willing to go the limits for her daughter. She worked long and hard, doing things she wasn't always proud of to keep clothes on her child's back and...
  14. N

Hulu "Into the Darkness" original move: Culture Shock. Anyone seen it?

Before I forget (and I imagine some folks might be reading this thread/interested in seeing the film).
  15. N

Dragonball Super: Its FINALLY struck me why I'm not as into the Tournament of Power business...

On second thought, may as well just cut to the chase, what's the the reveal in the last couple(?) of episode that may really change one's perception the Xeno, the Omni God(s)? Spoil me, I dare ya! :)
  16. N

Well, I think enough time has gone by to see if there will be more submission so I'll give the win to you, Certified. :) Do you want to post the next picture or open the floor?
  17. N

Westworld III - HBO 2020 [merged]

Thanks!
  18. N

[Marvel Heroic Roleplaying] A Few Tweaks?

Speaking for myself, I never saw the system having not purchased the Civil War book, lack of further interest in the system or the scenario. In fact this is the first I've heard of it. Thought the comments I've heard about the lack of a character generation system where about the core book. It...
  19. N

[Marvel Heroic Roleplaying] A Few Tweaks?

I think this is going to be another things I don't quite 'get' about the rule set. Fair enough.
Top Bottom