• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. NinjaWeasel

[Sell Me On] Magical Kitties Save The Day

So the Kickstarter for this caught my eye. I mean, it's got great artwork and I am definitely a cat person (not just a weasel person!). I also have a soft spot for nice rules-light systems. So this game really does call out to me! Now I'm not going to back the Kickstarter as the shipping is...
  2. NinjaWeasel

Anyone Know What's Happened to YSDC?

I've tried visiting Yog Sothoth.com a couple of times in the last week or so and every page, including the homepage, is bringing up a warning that says "This facility is available to Members." Does anyone know what's going on? Is it a temporary hiccup? Or has the entire site been made members...
  3. NinjaWeasel

[RIP] Buzzcock's Pete Shelley has Passed

News that Pete Shelley, of Buzzcocks' fame, passed away yesterday from a heart attack. :( Always been a big fan of the Buzzcocks and of Pete Shelley's solo work (check out the albums Homosapien and XL-1). A friend of mine, also called Pete, knew Pete Shelley and never had a bad word to say...
  4. NinjaWeasel

[The Black Hack] Cool Fan-Made Hacks

So I backed the Kickstarter for 2nd Edition a while back and I'm thinking of doing some things with it and probably using some of The Lazaro Heresies rules. In particular I'm thinking the Roll High or Die rule is one I'll implement. One thing I've noticed, and it may well be down to the fact...
  5. NinjaWeasel

[Genesys] Using Star Wars Books For A Cyberpunk Game?

Okay, so let's say that I want to run a Cyberpunk game using Genesys and I'm not patient enough to wait around for the Android sourcebook to be released... which I'm not... well there's a lot of somewhat-compatible material in a sci-fi vein in the various Star Wars books, right? The big question...
  6. NinjaWeasel

[It's my Birthday!] Give me Your Weird, Surreal & Eldritch Cats!

As the title suggests, I want descriptions (and maybe Story Hooks) of weird and/or surreal Cat NPCs. They can be for any game or any background you want really but I'm particularly keen if it's for games like Unknown Armies, Heaven & Earth, Over The Edge, The Esoterrorists, or Call of...
  7. NinjaWeasel

Games with Mechanics that Support Team/Group Dynamics?

What's out there in terms of interesting mechanical support for Team dynamics? By that, I mean mechanics that are there to support the idea of the players (or maybe NPCs too) being a cohesive unit who depend on one another. That means things like collaborating on the same task but also how...
  8. NinjaWeasel

[Sell Me On] V20, World of Darkness, or Chronicles of Darkness?!

So... a friend who was big into Vampire: The Masquerade back in the mid-late 90s has shown an interest in playing some games again. Last time we gamed together was in the early 90s (when we were playing TMNT and Rifts) and he'd ideally like to play something that feels familiar. I've been...
  9. NinjaWeasel

[Call of Cthulhu] Differences Between Versions of Malleus Monstrorum?

I've seen that the German 2nd edition of Malleus Monstrorum is over 500 pages long and I read somewhere that there's approximately 200 more entries in it than there is in Chaosium's English-language version. So, can anyone out there give me an idea of what those additional entries are? Or point...
  10. NinjaWeasel

[5e] Proficiency & Skill Houserules?

I've only recently picked up the 5e core books and I'm not entirely happy with the Proficiency rules in 5e and I'm looking into replacing it, or adding to it, without adding (what I consider to be) a huge amount of complication. I've bought a few DMs Guild PDFs with alternative Skill systems and...
  11. NinjaWeasel

[ISTKOTRO] Using Tarot Cards with RPGs? Advice Sought!

So I've picked up some of these Arcana playing cards (1 white deck, 1 black deck, and the expansion) as a gift to myself for my birthday. I got them mainly because they were shiny but I have been thinking about how I could possibly make use of them. Hopefully people here can help me out a bit...
  12. NinjaWeasel

🎨 Creative [It's my Birthday] Give me 40 darkly surreal (or just plain weird) settings for my 'Big Four Oh'

I've been trying to avoid thinking about it but it's here... my 40th birthday. *sigh* So help me forget by distracting me with 40 cool, but dark and strange, settings! So I like quite a few things that are, to varying degrees, odd and I'm getting myself pretty engrossed in Twin Peaks and it's...
  13. NinjaWeasel

[Modern AGE] Just Announced! What Are You Hoping to see?

Green Ronin has just announced that there will be a Modern AGE rpg in the, hopefeully not-too-distant, future. The announcement is here. In the announcement it seems tied to a licenced setting that I'm not familiar with. I'm personally pretty curious about this though as I love Modern and...
  14. NinjaWeasel

[Adventures in Middle Earth] Using it with Earlier Editions?

How easy would it be to use AiME with a D&D rule set that isn't 5th Edition? Say, AD&D 1 or AD&D 2 for example? Or an OSR rule set? My preference with the latter would be Fantastic Heroes & Witchery (mostly because I have it in hard copy already). Would it require a huge amount of conversion? Or...
  15. NinjaWeasel

[Leagues of Cthulhu] Good Call of Cthulhu Scenarios/Campaigns for Pulp Action Adventure

With Triple Ace Games having revealed that their Leagues of Cthulhu book could be ahead of scehedule, and that they already put out a number of good Leagues of Gothic Horror books, I've been thinking about running some pulpy adventures with the Ubiquity system that draw inspiration from...
  16. NinjaWeasel

[Kickstarter] Yokai Quest... Anyone Here Backed This?

So I just backed Free League's Tales from the Loop RPG on Kickstarter and while I was on that site I saw a campaign for a game called Yokai Quest. Has anyone here got in on this Kickstarter yet? It looks very tempting but I know nothing about Zenit Miniatures (who are the company behind it). I'd...
  17. NinjaWeasel

Using Mutant: Year Zero & Coriolis Together?!

So, rules wise, how broadly compatible are Mutant: Year Zero and Coriolis? I know they are based on the same system but can you easily take rules from one and add them to the other? For instance, let's imagine I wanted to run a normal humans game of Mutant: Year Zero and I wasn't patient enough...
  18. NinjaWeasel

[AGE] What Are The Differences Between The Core Books?

So, like a lot of people, I've had my interest piqued by the AGE system recently and there's a reasonably good chance I'll be picking up Fantasy Age before too long. However, I'm well aware that there's a Dragon Age compiled core book out now and Blue Rose is coming along as well. I've heard...
  19. NinjaWeasel

Silent Legions with True20?!

Based on a lot of good reviews I've decided to pick up Silent Legions. As it happens, I'm not really much of a fan of OSR games (though I have a soft spot for DCC but I can't imagine actually running or playing it) or the D20 system so, mainly, I'm getting it for the tools it provides for modern...
  20. NinjaWeasel

[Advice] Where Should A Gamer/Geek Go In Tokyo & Hong Kong?!

I'm going to be spending a few days in Tokyo and then Hong Kong from the end of next week and, as a gamer/geek, I'd like some advice on places (shops, malls, districts etc.) that I should visit. I'm aware of Akihabara in Tokyo but that's all. Can anyone help me? Also, are there any cool games...
Top Bottom