• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Patkin

🎨 Creative [Trinity Continuum] Renaissance-era Talents

So, I'm considering the potential uses of Trinity Continuum's core once it's released, and one idea that I'm revolving around is a Renaissance-period game about Italian swordsmen and Inspired super-science... and my question is, "am I basically just replicating 7th Sea here?" I suppose a valid...
  2. Patkin

🎨 Creative [Chuubo's] Masters of Evil: The Seven Sins of Lord Entropy

So, I'm not always clear on these Chuubo creative threads, but... if there's a Lord Entropy I, there's implicitly a Lord Entropy II somewhere in the background of events, right? edit: Actually, never mind, I just reviewed the first post.
  3. Patkin

[Exalted] the Realm is here!

This does make sense when considering how the Command merit operates in 3e. Like the lowest Size of a battlegroup you get with that is on the talon/wing border, so inherently any Dragon-Blooded in a position of legion authority will be at least a talonlord, more likely winglord or above...
  4. Patkin

Calling the native people of the Blessed Isle "Wan" is a little on the nose, but I'm okay with at least having a term now.
  5. Patkin

That... may honestly be the best thing I could've hoped for, means I can do whatever I want with it now. Arjuf Dominion's Gotham, here I come.
  6. Patkin

While I know the discussion isn't quite there yet on the subject of basic geography and tourism, I am very nervous to see if anything was done with Nishimo this edition, because its position as this crime-infested city on the brink of societal death, was always a little integral to a particular...
  7. Patkin

[Exalted] What do you want to see for Sidereals in 3rd ed?

I've been thinking on this myself, particularly given some of the (questionable) decisions they made in 2e with abilities getting shifted around to account for a lack of Brawl and Endurance, or the addition of War. I've seen a number of the 3e hacks shift around the Banner and the Shield to...
  8. Patkin

Fundamentally? Parity aids ease of instruction. "You have 28 dots to freely distribute" is easier to explain than running through a massive chunk of "Here is what a Chosen of Serenity needs to look like, now try to balance your concept on top of it". But, like I said, it's a just a small, petty...
  9. Patkin

1. A character creation where the Sidereals have the same general spread of dots as everybody else. This might seem like a petty thing, but it's kind of what prevents me from utilizing the various 3e fanhacks. Give them 28 dots, maybe have some extra specializations from the Divisions in order...
  10. Patkin

Mummy: the Curse Second Edition (CofD)

This seems like a really intriguing choice to make. I mean, I like 1e and Sothis Awakens was very fruitful in terms of "how do I do historical narratives when I'll inevitably fuck up as a non-history major"; but the idea of Arisen as time-travelers (and not in the way of the joke of 'just very...
  11. Patkin

OOC Clover Town Stories [Golden Sky Stories]

I'm okay, and totally understand the position you can find yourself in when DMing runs up against other elements (given I just had to end my other game due to my more-or-less executive dysfunction). I would love to see an epilogue, and feel that Nene did her very best throughout to be who she...
  12. Patkin

OOC Bakemono Gakuen (Monsterhearts 2nd Edition)

Okay, I don't believe I'm in any kind of position to maintain a game at this stage, so I'd like to put an end to this campaign, and thank everyone for their time, effort and patience over the past couple months.
  13. Patkin

IC Bakemono Gakuen (Monsterhearts 2e)

Okay, let's move forward in time a little, to after school. Kimiko, I know it seems like I've forgotten (along with so many things), but you had a study session planned for after school today, didn't you? Sora and Jiro invited you yesterday. How about you tell me on just where it was you...
  14. Patkin

OOC Bakemono Gakuen (Monsterhearts 2nd Edition)

So, there're some things I'd like to discuss, and get some feedback on. Is there a way I can more effectively get you guys interacting with one another? I've felt for a while that either through my own set-up of scenes or grouping things up that I'm trying to arrange four solo narratives into a...
  15. Patkin

IC [Golden Sky Stories] Clover Town Stories

(+1 Dream for Getsuya) Nene (W: 13, F: 18, D: 11) [Town (Admiration): 2, Alice (Admiration): 1, Alma (Like): 1, Kage (Trust): 1, Kara (Affection): 2, Mary (Like): 1, Suzume (Protection): 1, Terry (Admiration) 2, Thalia (Protection) 2, Thomas (Rivalry): 1] "Suzume's right. Your dad couldn't...
  16. Patkin

[Exalted 3e] Trying to understand Craft through the Dragon-Blooded

I'm curious, if a person were to work on custom Charms to address some of these.. failings, what would be reasonable power-levels to start building from? Like, for example, a gap I've definitely noticed is the lack of Charms to increase project slots; and while I don't expect exact one-to-ones...
  17. Patkin

Hm, both of these calculators seem to be relying on some very clear bottlenecks in the signatures in order to arrive at their numbers. That's a bit disappointing, although I guess I really should've expected that given what I said about the optimization people. Still, I have to admit some minor...
  18. Patkin

Okay, so, this is unrelated to the other creative thread I have about Exalted right now, but I'm trying to determine something. Is the way Craft in 3e works, the way projects work, going to make a Terrestrial artificer's life difficult? One of the things that fed a... resentment, I guess you...
  19. Patkin

🎨 Creative [Exalted 3e] I need some help designing Evocations, which I am terrible at.

So, I like the idea of an underlying larcenous nature to the weapons, especially with the notion of it potentially helping to reform lawbreakers in the process. Some other ideas I had were a weapon-catch sort of deal building off of Blade-Deflecting Palm that might help with a disarm gambit...
  20. Patkin

IC Bakemono Gakuen (Monsterhearts 2e)

Hiroko looks a little disgusted with you, but rapidly shifts her head to look out the window, leaving you the only one looking distracted when Aoya-sensei turns back around. "Conor-san, is there something in the back of the classroom you're more interested in? Because I don't believe Hiroko-san...
Top Bottom