• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Geburah

What are the flavourful "Dying Earth" OSR systems/class sets?

The Ultraviolet Grasslands Kickstarter has me eyeing OSR systems with curiosity. I've not delved in much up to now, with only a short stint playing Mazes & Minotaurs a few years back, and some looking around in the past few days - flipping through Backswords & Bucklers, Basic Fantasy, The...
  2. Geburah

I was a-wandering the world of books...

... and wished I had a map. And then, Internet showed me the way: The Literature Map I may have been scooped on this, but it's a fascinating little toy: enter your favourite author and a cloud of authors with similar styles/themes appears. In my explorations, I learned that Jung stands next...
  3. Geburah

[ISTOMKO] Jay Lake, Mainspring and other such novels...

Out of sheer idle curiosity, I googled "clockpunk" the other day, and one of the image results lead me to Mainspring by Jay Lake. Now, the various reviews I've seen are pretty flattering, but I'm curious to have Other Media's opinion, especially as I didn't find any mention of Lake in a Google...
  4. Geburah

[Wii Virtual Console] Is it like minting money?

I was reading a news item (based on a Nintendo press announcement) on Gametrailers.com when I found this little nugget of information: Admittedly, with roughly 7.4 million Wiis out there, it's clear not everyone has sprung for a VC game (yet), but I was just making a quick calculation: Call...
  5. Geburah

[Dungeon Twister] First game...

A while back, I was looking for a cool Christmas gift for my brother. I walked into this little game store a noticed a few copies of Dungeon Twister. I refrained from an impulse buy and checked out a few reviews, including the RPG.net ones. Satisfied with these, I went back and got him the base...
  6. Geburah

[D&D3.5] Tell me of the Spirit Shaman (Comp. Divine)

I was leafing through my brother's copy of the Complete Divine the other day, prior to taking part in another D&D3.5 game, and stumbled on the Spirit Shaman. Now, for some strange reason, shaman characters have always interested me, but I've never really found a good (read playable, fun...
  7. Geburah

[Advice?] Lots of oWoD books to unload... Where to sell?

I'm going to be moving soon, and I've been contemplating my RPG shelves with increasing dread: as most of you know, lugging load of books around is a real killer for the back, and space is always at a premium in apartments... Anyway, it's been a somewhat heartrending decision (because I'm a...
  8. Geburah

Character recycling

Something struck me while reading recruitment threads in the Play-by-Post forum: a number of people propose characters they have already played in other games, sometimes "straight" (down to having the same name as the original character) and sometimes as adaptations to fit a different rules...
  9. Geburah

[HeroQuest] Anime Alchemists (long)

Here's how it started: A couple of months ago, I was looking at screenshots and artworks for the game Atelier Iris -Eternal Mana- - part of the Atelier series, apparently very popular in Japan but, as far as I know, not as yet available in English. I looked a bit further and (re-)discovered...
Top Bottom