• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. simonpaulburley

Recommend me a lightweight OSR clone for demos

I’m in a quandary. I visit non-TTRPG conventions (in the U.K.) offering one hour demos. My standard one hour demo to introduce newbies to the hobby via a “D&D” experience is David Black’s The Black Hack and Matt Colville’s Delian Tomb. It has been immensely successful. But TBH has been...
  2. simonpaulburley

Role Play Relief Books available NOW!

Available now! The British Role-playing community has produced two TTRPG books to sell in aid of Comic Relief. THE BEGINNERS BOOK: Featuring contributions from many of the luminaries of the U.K. TableTop Role-Playing Game Scene! Including: Simon Burley, John Dodd, Paul Mitchener, Baz...
  3. simonpaulburley

For Sale Role Play Relief Books available NOW!

Available now! The British Role-playing community has produced two TTRPG books to sell in aid of Comic Relief. THE BEGINNERS BOOK: Featuring contributions from many of the luminaries of the U.K. TableTop Role-Playing Game Scene! Including: Simon Burley, John Dodd, Paul Mitchener, Baz...
  4. simonpaulburley

Is it a plane?

Signal boost for a friend. Hours to go and a pitiful amount underfunded. Take a look, please https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/222832406/is-it-a-plane-comic-book-rpg-that-replaces-dice-wi?ref=nav_search&result=project&term=Is%20it%20a%20plane
  5. simonpaulburley

The Code of Warriors and Wizardry - shortlisted for UK Games Expo Award

My game - THE CODE OF WARRIORS AND WIZARDRY - is on the "Best RPG" shortlist for an award at the upcoming UK Games Expo. (The third biggest tabletop gaming event in the world.) This means the judges think it's one of the best three RPGs published in the UK in the past year. Wow! (Well it IS...
  6. simonpaulburley

MANIFOLD

MANIFOLD! Truly multi-genre Role-playing. Play any character from anywhere and any time. - Easily adaptable to any setting. - Four settings included - Swords and Sorcery, Contemporary Horror, Space Adventure and Four Colour Superheroes. - Characters can freely transfer between...
  7. simonpaulburley

Out now - THE CODE OF WARRIORS AND WIZARDRY

I've finally written and published the fantasy version of my "Code" system: http://www.rpgnow.com/product/217981/The-Code-of-Warriors-and-Wizardry THE CODE OF WARRIORS AND WIZARDRY is the latest Fantasy Adventure Tabletop Role-playing game. Specifically designed to focus upon the Heroes...
  8. simonpaulburley

Spaghetti ConJunction - UK RPG games day

Spaghetti ConJunction 2a! Yes, on Saturday, February 10th, 2018, Simon Burley, James Mullen, and Pookie will be hosting Spaghetti ConJunction 2a, the twice a year one-day roleplaying in Birmingham city centre. The venue is the Geek Retreat cafe, less than ten minutes walk from each of...
  9. simonpaulburley

THE CODE OF SHŌJO AND SHŌNEN.

I've just launched my first "Kickstarter" campaign: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/886565487/the-code-of-shojo-and-shonen It's to raise money to buy artwork for my lightweight tabletop RPG rules THE CODE OF SHŌJO AND SHŌNEN. Please spread the word. Pop by and have a look and - if you...
  10. simonpaulburley

Spaghetti ConJunction 1b

Simon Burley, James Mullen and Pookie are thrilled to announce: Spaghetti ConJunction 1b A one day convention devoted to Tabletop Roleplaying Games right in centre of Birmingham. Saturday October 21st 2017. Hosted at Geek Retreat, Priory Queensway, Birmingham. Put it in your diary today...
  11. simonpaulburley

A convention for testing the games of the future?

I'm spitballing here. There used to Be a convention in the UK called IndieCon. Ostensibly it was aimed at Indie RPG designer and publishers playtesting the games of tomorrow for people. In practice it seems to be the usual mix. (There was some Cthulhu, for instance.) Given that IndieCon is...
  12. simonpaulburley

Allocating players to games at public events

I've just posted this on my personal FB page over in the UK. I attend a LOT of conventions over here and it's been building for a while. If a mod feels it's not appropriate for this forum, I'll understand. I know your big conventions HAVE to use prebookings, but what's it like at the little...
  13. simonpaulburley

Spaghetti ConJunction - an organiser's persoective

I've attended loads of game conventions but Spaghetti ConJunction is the first one I've been involved in organising. It wouldn't have happened without four very important people. James Mullen and Pookie were my co-organisers and I wouldn't have had the balls to take the plunge without them...
  14. simonpaulburley

Spaghetti ConJunction

Simon Burley, James Mullen and Pookie are thrilled to announce: Spaghetti ConJunction A one day convention devoted to Tabletop Roleplaying Games right in centre of Birmingham. (UK) Saturday February 11th 2017. Hosted at Geek Retreat, Priory Queensway, Birmingham. Put it in your diary today...
  15. simonpaulburley

Character gen - the middle way - enlighten me

To cut to the end: I'm mainly wondering what other game systems out there use a mix of random generation and design for character generation. The long story: There's a lovely thread on here about Superhero origins. The poster has problems coming up with new ideas for M&M characters. I've...
  16. simonpaulburley

Just released THE SUPER HACK

The Super Hack is a hyper-streamlined roleplaying game that uses the original 1970's Roleplaying Game and the wonderful THE BLACK HACK as a base. If you're looking for high octane Superhero action with a system that feels as familiar as an old glove - look no further! The Super Hack is a fast...
  17. simonpaulburley

Contingency-Plan - UK residential RPG CONVENTION - 25th-30th August 2017

The wonderful Conception Convention isn't running in 2017. Some wonderful people have stepped forward to help fill the slot created in our convention calendar by offering to run a very similar large, residential RPG UK convention. This is Con-tingency Plan. Full details here...
  18. simonpaulburley

[Simon Burley Productions / Squadron UK] Squadron UK in Print

After a wait of 25 years, Squadron UK is finally back in print. Originally released to critical acclaim as "Golden Heroes" this is the British Game of Superpowered Crimefighters. Revised by one of its original authors, it has been avaiable in .pdf format (from RPGNOW.COM) for couple of years but...
Top Bottom