• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Doctor Guilty

[Sci-Fi] Colony Ships?

Konnichi wa, campers. My Google-fu is failing me. I’m looking for designs I can adapt or just steal for colony ships for my Heavy Gear sandbox. The setting uses wormholes for FTL travel but no artificial gravity, so big habitat rings or shells are quite likely. Jovian Chronicles is probably the...
  2. Doctor Guilty

[Sci-Fi, Mostly] New Worlds to Steal?

Konnichi wa, campers. I'm always on the lookout for new worlds to pilfer for my Heavy Gear-based sandbox, and I was curious if I'd missed any settings that had been published in the last few years. By "worlds," I'm looking for single worlds (or at most a star system), with a lot of attention...
  3. Doctor Guilty

[Heavy Gear D6] Character Template Set 1 Is Now Available!

Konnichi wa, campers. A new supplement for Heavy Gear D6 is now available! Character Templates Set 1 presents a total of thirty-eight characters from the Heavy Gear universe with D6 stats. Use them as ready-made nonplayer characters, or as models for your players to follow. The current Expanded...
  4. Doctor Guilty

(Warbirds / Ace Combat: The RPG) The Comet Defense Forces!

Konnichi wa, campers. I've had a brainwave for one of the worlds in my Heavy Gear sandbox setting, and I could use some help with source material. My version of the planet Eden is more like "Strangereal" from the Ace Combat series of video games. It's broadly similar to Earth, it's Twenty...
  5. Doctor Guilty

Would You Still Recommend GDW’s House Rules?

Konnichi wa, campers. A recent thread asked about systems for everyday characters that didn’t use D6s, and my suggestion was the GDW House Rules, which are probably best know in Twilight: 2000 Second Edition and Traveller: The New Era. I liked them a lot at the time, but I wonder if they’re...
  6. Doctor Guilty

[Sci-Fi] Sell Me on a BIG Bad

Konnichi wa, campers. I’m floating ideas for one of the worlds in my Heavy Gear sandbox. The world of Botany Bay was established allegedly as a penal colony, but one of the ideas that I’m considering is that there’s something there so scary that the Earth government literally abandons its...
  7. Doctor Guilty

Anyone Still Playing Star Wars Saga Edition?

Konnichi wa, campers. I was looking over my shelves the other day when I remembered my collection of Saga books. Is anyone still playing with those rules? I had an idea to use them as a replacement for D20 Modern (after I rebuilt the vehicle stats into something that made sense to me), but I...
  8. Doctor Guilty

Help Me Salvage Star Trek Adventures

Konnichi wa, campers. I bought myself an STA PDF bundle over the holidays, and I wanted to like this. I really did. The setting material is written well, it looks great, and I don't even mind its focus on the Next Generation era. But the 2d20 rules are Not For Me, so I'm seeing how I can strip...
  9. Doctor Guilty

A Fantasy Game with Minimal Investment?

Konnichi wa, campers. I’d like to dive into a heroic fantasy game from time to time just to change things up from my usual sci-fi routine, but I don’t have the money or inclination to buy a lot of books (even the classic D&D combo is more than I want). What would you suggest for a fantasy game...
  10. Doctor Guilty

[Heavy Gear D6] Plans for 2019

Konnichi wa, campers. I was able to get Terranovan Armor and Artillery finished in time for the holidays, so now thoughts turn to the coming year. I’ve already decided that my next supplement will be a collection of character templates. Those are always fun and will be a nice change of pace...
  11. Doctor Guilty

[Heavy Gear D6] Battlelogs: Terranovan Armor and Artillery is now Available!

Konnichi wa, campers. Give the gift of superior firepower this holiday season! Battlelogs: Terranovan Armor and Artillery is now available, describing tanks, APCs and artillery vehicles from the North and the South for the Heavy Gear D6 rules. Enjoy!
  12. Doctor Guilty

[Sci-Fi] Sell Me on Your Favorite Prison Planet

Konnichi wa, campers. One of the worlds I’ve been wanting to develop for my Heavy Gear sandbox is the prison world of Botany Bay. In the canon, the prisoners and guards were abandoned and left to their own devices three hundred years before the setting’s present. I’m trying to decide what kind...
  13. Doctor Guilty

[Twilight: 2000] Locals Rate the Modules

Konnichi wa, campers. In this thread, I mentioned that I’ve been rereading my Twilight: 2000 collection and finding quite a lot wrong with the locations in the various modules. I’ve found several problems with the Allegheny Uprising module, for instance, just because I live in western...
  14. Doctor Guilty

💀 Necro Anyone Still Playing Silhouette?

Konnichi wa, campers. I was looking through the Banzaidyne III files the other day, and I was reminded of just how long it’s been since I’ve really done anything with it. I reformatted the pages a few years ago to throw out the Threat Values and generally clean things up, but nothing since...
  15. Doctor Guilty

[Heavy Gear D6] BattleLogs: Monday Night Dueling is Now Available!

Konnichi wa, campers. A new supplement for Heavy Gear D6 is available! BattleLogs - Monday Night Dueling​​​​​​​ introduces the exciting world of Dueling to D6 players, including new pilots, new weapons and new Gears. Enjoy! EDIT: A fan of Banzaidyne IV also just provided me with the long-lost...
  16. Doctor Guilty

(Sci-Fi) Tell Me About Settings Where "We Are The Creator"

Konnichi wa, campers. (Sorry for the Star Trek:TMP reference, but it sums up my question best.) For my Heavy Gear-based sandbox, I'm looking for settings where humans have created one or more “uplifted” species. I’m building a world in this sandbox by strip-mining Mass Effect Andromeda, and my...
  17. Doctor Guilty

[Modern / Near Future] Sell Me on Exploration Vehicles

Konnichi wa, campers. I’ve been working on importing Mass Effect Andromeda into my Heavy Gear: Infinite Tango setting, and I’m looking for ideas for something like the Tempest - a combination scout vehicle, home base and mobile laboratory. There are a few options. Something along the lines of...
  18. Doctor Guilty

Which TTRPG to Rework Detroit: Become Human?

Konnichi wa, campers. I played through Detroit: Become Human a couple of weeks ago before reading the reviews. I will say this: I enjoyed it and will run through another couple of times ... but the reviews are not wrong. So I'm wondering which game/setting would be a good fit for the stories...
  19. Doctor Guilty

[Heavy Gear: Infinite Tango] Life on Helios

Konnichi wa, campers. I’ve mentioned in prior posts a couple of campaign ideas I've been wanting to add to my Heavy Gear "Infinite Tango" sandbox: - An exploration game featuring El Dorado, a “Brave New World” that Terra Nova discovers and decides to settle; and - An old empire game set on...
  20. Doctor Guilty

[SFRPGs] Condensing Large-Scale Settings?

Konnichi wa, campers. I’ve hit upon an idea for a world to add to my Heavy Gear sandbox. Basically, it’s to combine the different “worlds” in Mass Effect: Andromeda and paste them onto one planet, along with some of the game’s themes and other elements. I posted a long time ago about folding...
Top Bottom