• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Kirayoshi

Great Quotes From The Wrong People II-Quote Harder

Kind of a dark one, but... They all deserve to die. Tell you why, Detective L, tell you why. Because in all of the whole human race Detective L, there are two kinds of men and only two There's the one staying put in his proper place And the one with his foot in the other one's face, Look at...
  2. Kirayoshi

[shameless derivative] Ruin a book/movie/TV show by changing one letter of its title

The Least Jedi - Coming of age comedy/drama about Luke Skywalker's most inept student.
  3. Kirayoshi

(Cartoons) Any of you guys seen this Amphibia show?

For what it's worth, the show has been approved by arguably the most famous frog in the world.
  4. Kirayoshi

[shameless derivative] Ruin a book/movie/TV show by changing one letter of its title

Hobbes and Shaw: Wacky childhood adventures of the author of Pygmalion and his plush tiger.
  5. Kirayoshi

Inconsequential slice-of-life headcanons, pt2! (Credit to That Other Guy and Lonewolf23)

I can see that. Alternate headcanon (I remember this from a fanfic that I haven't been able to find for years, if this rings any bells to anyone, let me know, okay?) After Cicely, Joel went to work for a teaching hospital in New York. One of his students reminded him too much of himself years...
  6. Kirayoshi

Rate the Incompetent Villains

Also, as Chuck Jones himself has observed, Wile E. is a fanatic when it comes to the Road Runner. In regards to the Coyote, Mr. Jones would frequently paraphrase Santayana: "A fanatic is one who redoubles his efforts when he has forgotten his aim."
  7. Kirayoshi

Rate the Incompetent Villains

Is it too late to nominate one more incompetent villain? If not, I nominate Dr. Drakken from Kim Possible: Strengths: Capable mad scientist. Has successfully cloned people. Hyper-competent henchwoman. He's actually a pretty decent boss, all things considered(he paid for Shego's Christmas...
  8. Kirayoshi

[Marvel 616 and MCU] I love inconsequential, slice-of-life headcanons

MCU: The series The Leftovers took place in the MCU, during the five years between Infinity War and Endgame.
  9. Kirayoshi

The best epigraphs

This is an Imaginary Story (which may never happen, but then again may), about a perfect man who came from the sky and did only good. It tells of his twilight, when the great battles were won and the great miracles long since performed, of how his enemies conspired against him and of that final...
  10. Kirayoshi

The best epigraphs

From the opening titles of the first season: "There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to Man. It is a dimension as vast as space, and as timeless as infinity. It is the middleground between light and shadow, between science and superstition; and it lies between the pit of Man's...
  11. Kirayoshi

The best epigraphs

From the same book, I liked this bit from the beginning of Rikki-Tikki-Tavi: At the hole where he went in Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin. Hear what little Red-Eye saith: “Nag, come up and dance with death!” Eye to eye and head to head, (Keep the measure, Nag.) This shall end when one is dead...
  12. Kirayoshi

What as-yet-unannounced Marvel Movie/TV project would you create an excitement thread for?

Doctor Strange and Blade: The Montesi Formula. And hey, if they're bringing in Doctor Doom in the inevitable Fantastic Four reboot, how about a movie adaptation of Triumph and Torment?
  13. Kirayoshi

[Game] Name that tune based on the lyrics ...

Raising this thread from the dead: God of Ocean Tides, Counting Crowns I figure this one should be fairly easy: And Jesus was a sailor When he walked upon the water And he spent a long time watching From his lonely wooden tower And when he knew for certain Only drowning men could see him...
  14. Kirayoshi

The best epigraphs

Looked dead, didn't I? But I wasn't. But it wasn't from lack of trying, I can tell you that. Actually, Bill's last bullet put me in a coma. A coma I was to lie in for four years. When I woke up, I went on what the movie advertisements refer to as a 'roaring rampage of revenge.' I roared...
  15. Kirayoshi

The best epigraphs

And as long as we're doing Shakespeare. From Henry V:
  16. Kirayoshi

The best epigraphs

Gotta go with the classic:
  17. Kirayoshi

Books that grabbed you by the heartstrings

Seconded. Also from Hogfather, their take on the Little Match Girl. THE HOGFATHER GIVES PRESENTS. THERE'S NO GREATER PRESENT THAN A FUTURE. And while we're talking Pratchett, I nominate Wintersmith. If for no other reason than Tiffany Aching's determination to face down the titular Wintersmith...
  18. Kirayoshi

Cats Movie first trailer

19. Kirayoshi

Cats Movie first trailer

I remember seeing this live once, and saw the video version a couple of times. The main draw is the high-energy music and dance, but the plotline itself is a bit threadbare. Early in the play it's revealed that the cats were gathering for an annual event called the Jellicle Ball, where Old...
  20. Kirayoshi

Disney's Mulan teaser trailer

Was that Rosalind Chao as Mulan's mother? Haven't seen her in awhile. (Edit: Ninja'd) I'm hoping they pull off the big line at the end: "I've heard a great deal about you Mulan..." I am cautiously optimistic.
Top Bottom