• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. A

Does Strength deserve to be an attribute?

I'd like to ask a follow-up question connected to the original OP: should each attribute always have some sort of defensive value, or some application that simply can not be worked around, so that you can never completely ignore them?
  2. A

If you mean having feats to represent differences between player rather then feats or similar add-on's, the advantage is you have a bunch of them without player's needing to understand them all to play, instead of having 30 attributes everyone has to understand.
  3. A

If attribute balance doesn't matter to you, then fine. But for those of care, Strength is usually ends up being a dump stat for some, if not most, PC's in games that have it as an attribute. And it always seems to be an automatically include because people want to represent strong but not tough...
  4. A

Anyone Still Playing Star Wars Saga Edition?

Why did you take Force Adept over Jedi Knight? You're not taking any of the force adept talents? Was it just for the extra Will bonus? Also, is Strong in the Force? It seems kinda meh to me, only giving you +1 when you spend a force point (which I currently have one of per day).
  5. A

Started a campaign recently; playing a Jedi force wizard, just hit level 4. We're using the '1 force point per day' variant, and I'm wondering why I should take any of the talents that let you spend a force point to do things. It's pretty stunning how many of them require FP expenditure. Also...
  6. A

New Tabletop RPG - Age of Hunters (remake after feedbacks)

I can't say without reading your system, but those combinations are all easily obtainable in many systems. Even in some of the larger systems, like Pathfinder, if you use 3rd party material. If your system is as tactical and complex as I suspect it is, that really should be your selling point...
  7. A

I've seen that approach. My issue with it is that it isn't as clear what your attributes means for mental and social stats. What is mental power? Is it processing power like Intelligence, or force of personality like Will? What do I use to fix a computer? What is the difference between action...
  8. A

New Tabletop RPG - Age of Hunters (remake after feedbacks)

I always get a little antsy when people advertise that their RPG's are customizable or flexible as their selling point. There are lots of games like that out there, I would say it's the norm, it's just D&D that tends to lack the customization people want. I will give you credit for going with a...
  9. A

Personally, most of the games I've played over the years have been some D&D or d20 derivative, as well as Shaodwrun (which uses an attribute set similar to D&D, or at least did at the time), Rifts (long time ago), and WoD, and I'm currently playing Star Wars Saga Edition. All have has a Strength...
  10. A

A couple people commented that strength is still relevant to melee combat. The whole point of this thread is that strength is limited to only a handful of applications, melee combat being the big one. So many character builds seem to dump strength, it seems to me it shouldn't be an attribute by...
  11. A

Go ahead, World of Darkness has separate Manipulation, Charisma and Appearance attributes (though I personally don't like appearance as an attribute), so it's not that new. The attributes I'm using in my heart breaker are: Agility - the ability to move your body Precision - the ability to...
  12. A

Wow. I was expecting to get lambasted for this suggestion. I've combined presence and willpower in my game too, and have a separate attribute for perception and manipulation. I find a separate social stat often becomes a dump stat, and this way manipulative people and emotionally powerful...
  13. A

My gaming background features a lot of D&D/d20, but also some Traveller, Shadowrun and WoD, and in my experience, Strength ends up being a dump stat for a large chunk of characters. Sure, some people want to play the Strength character, but if an attribute is a dump stat for so many character...
  14. A

I just started in my first SWSE campaign recently; we just hit level 3. So far, it's been pretty good.
  15. A

D&D 5e ability checks

I'll reiterate what others have said and state that the 5e system is too swingy. It also links skills to specific attributes, which means they are just sub-attributes, and causes weirdness like having both athletics and acrobatics as skills. Uncoupled skills would be better, with an option to...
  16. A

First trailer for the Battle Angel Alita live action is out.

Or saying 'Hey, there's a sword over there. I'll take that and sell it to some hunter-warrior'
  17. A

Alita: Battle Angel - Comparison of Movie/Anime/Manga (SPOILERS)

I don't remember, but do they state why Grewishka is murdering people in the movie? I think creating killer cyborgs, ordering people to attack Alita, and making Vector murder Chiren was sufficient. The entire flashback battle was also about an attempt to kill him, which gives him credibility...
  18. A

Alita: Battle Angel - Comparison of Movie/Anime/Manga (SPOILERS)

I was going to ask this in the other thread, but having to put everything in spoiler tags is proving to be painful. I was curious what people thought of the various changes made to the source material. What was an improvement and what was not? IMHO, a lot of the changes were good, but a few...
  19. A

In the books, there is nothing remarkable about her heart, though she does offer it to someone under different circumstances.
  20. A

That line is in the comics, from the motorball arc.
Top Bottom