• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Tricksy and False

Band of Blades reskinned for Dragonlance

I am a long-time fan of Glen Cook's Annals of the Black Company, so when I read that Band of Blades took a lot of inspiration from the Black Company series, I picked up Band of Blades. Skimming the contents, I was reminded of another work of fiction I have a fondness for: Dragonlance...
  2. Tricksy and False

The Inspirations for Nomad Sacred Cities in Fiction?

In the recent Ex3 Lunars backer PDF, there's a group of horse riders* living on a dry steppe. In their territory, there is a city that is sacred to them, the Eye of the Killing Storm. They don't spend much time there, instead, wandering the steppes around the city. This naturally reminds me of...
  3. Tricksy and False

🎨 Creative [Riff] Changelog: The List

Due to a misreading of Changeling: The Lost, I want to riff on a system and setting, Changelog: The List. I'm thinking that after each session, players either identify "bugs" in the game rules or request new features. Maybe like a game of Gnomic, players vote on the fixes or features they want...
  4. Tricksy and False

Plans you know will fail

I'm posing a general question to the forum rather than asking for specific advice. If you know that an aspect of the PC's plan will not work, but it is otherwise a good plan for the information the PCs have, under what circumstances should a GM speak up? Is there a difference when the plan works...
  5. Tricksy and False

What do edits and deletions look like to mods?

I recall a member of the mod staff saying long ago that they can still see the original post before edits or deletions. Since then, I've been self-conscious when I edit my posts. I tend to create a lot of typos. After submit, I'll re-read my post and catch a typo, edit it, and then re-read...
  6. Tricksy and False

Your first TTRPG session

Tell us an anecdote from the first tabletop RPG session you ever played--or ran if your first time playing was as the GM. My first game was AD&D when I was 10 or 11. We rolled six sets of stats, 3d6, in SIWDCCh order. We then picked the stat set we liked best. My highest score from any of the...
  7. Tricksy and False

Roll20/Discord - Exalted3E - GM - Looking for interest in a Dragonbloods Dynast game

I have ideas for an Exalted Dynast game, and I'm wondering if there's any interest. The notion is that each PC has just graduated from their secondary school of choice and is on an extended grand tour of the South before getting assigned to a post by their House Matriarch. The initial...
  8. Tricksy and False

Mod accounts

I've seen several infractions where a poster is infracted for calling out a mod's status when the moderator is trying to post as a regular user. I support this rule--the moderators are regular users empowered to keep the forum discussion civil and healthy. The whole reason they are moderating is...
  9. Tricksy and False

New Agenda Publishing spin-off threads

Random Nerd wrote, in the closing of the New Agenda Publishing thread [COLOR=red] I'd already spun off a new thread (I didn't want to divert the current thread into All About Me). I don't think anyone's going to respond (it's kinda live-journaly, marked as such, and doesn't really invite...
  10. Tricksy and False

[TITLJ] My experience in gaming as a 40-something gay male

In the thread about New Agenda, one of the board members wrote: I was startled. I'm a queer person. 'Gay male' is a sufficient short-hand* for my partner preference, gender, and lived experience. But I don't feel like I'm under-represented in RPG gaming. I did some unpacking in my head. Am I...
  11. Tricksy and False

Questionable ad

I see a questionable ad. Here're the details as requested in post 2 in the 'Regarding questionable ads' sticky. Relevant HTML (sadly, no ADINFO comment): <a id="aw0" target="_top"...
  12. Tricksy and False

Help me spend or save my money: The Great Pendragon Campaign

The Great Pendragon Campaign has been on my drivethrurpg.com wishlist for a very long time. The recent threads about settings and King Arthur have me thinking about finally making the purchase. The campaign is included in a bundle with an NPCs PDF and the 5.1 edition of the ruleset fpr $11...
  13. Tricksy and False

Thread renames and default reply titles

I was lurking in the "So Let's Talk About Men [Men's Issues] [+]" thread, and I noticed that nearly all of the posts past the first say "Men's Rights" instead of "Men's Issues". I did a double-take because "Men's Rights" has connotations that "Men's Issues" does not. My assumption is that the...
  14. Tricksy and False

Birthright-like domain rules

A few years ago, I had a combo PbEM/tabletop Birthright campaign. Birthright was a setting for D&D 2E with rules for players being rulers, guild masters, high priests of churches, and such. I had 7 players running domains by email, and 5 players adventuring at the table. The domain players would...
  15. Tricksy and False

IC [Technoir] New Angeles Nights

New Angeles: the commercial hub of Earth's Western hemisphere. It sprawls at the base of the Beanstalk--a space elevator granting access to Lunar and Martian colonies. New Angeles is home to the world's leading producer of medical and agricultural goods, Jinteki. Jinteki also leads the world in...
  16. Tricksy and False

OOC [Technoir] New Angeles Nights

This is the OOC thread for the Technoir game New Angeles Nights. Please subscribe. The IC thread is here. Please subscribe to that too. Players squidheadjax (Inez Menohoyō) Harlander (Det. Felix Åckerman) MrPrim (Murphy 5Z142W) Neaden (Francis "Stoat" Espina) Malckuss (Trace "3kk0" Kilik)...
  17. Tricksy and False

It's my birthday! Sell me on a game you like.

Name a game you think other people should try, and tell us why they should. Try to avoid suggesting something someone else has already suggested.
  18. Tricksy and False

[Interest] Technoir: New Angeles (FFG Android setting)

This is an interest check for a PbP game of Technoir. I want to try the system out (as GM), and I think it's be fun to adapt the setting from FFG's Android into a Technoir Transmission. Potential players don't need to know anything about Technoir or Android. If you don't own a copy of Technoir...
  19. Tricksy and False

[WIR] Chuubo's Marvelous Wish-Granting Engine

This is my first ever Where-I-Read. I hope I have the fortitude (hah!) to finish. I bought the PDF recently. It's been on my drivethrurpg.com wishlist for a long time now. The buzz about it seemed interesting, and I enjoyed other things Jenna Moran has written (Nobilis, some of the fluff of...
  20. Tricksy and False

[Exalted] Killing the Bull of the North

My enthusiasm for Exalted 3E is cresting again, and I started putting together a campaign pitch for my friends. The area of Creation we've all explored the least is the North, and I think that's a shame. I took an Intro to Hinduism class back in college, and one of many things that stood out...
Top Bottom