• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. mac40k

XIM APEX Keyboard Mouse Controller Adapter Converter - any experience?

I'm a dedicated PC gamer and suck at games using a controller. Back when I had a PS3 I bought a Keypad/Mouse controller for it, but it wasn't the same as using a kb/mouse on a PC. I recently picked up a PS4 Pro in anticipation of The Last of Us 2, because The Last of Us was the only game on PS3...
  2. mac40k

PC gamer new to PS4 gaming - game recommendations please

I have been a devoted PC gamer for the last several years. I recently broke down and bought a PS4 Pro however; primarily in anticipation of The Last of Us 2, having played The Last of Us on PS3 years ago. I've already picked up The Last of Us Remastered and UNCHARTED: The Nathan Drake...
  3. mac40k

Netflix Ironfist - why do people think it is bad?

I finally decided to watch Ironfist so that I can then watch Defenders before Jessica Jones Season 2. Although I'm sure I could enjoy JJ S2 without watching either of the others first, I just wanted to watch all of the shows in the order they were released. Now I've been procrastinating on...
  4. mac40k

Palladium Games has Lost the Robotech License - Robotech KS Backers PISSED!

So, it looks like the pitchforks and torches are out. http://www.tenkarstavern.com/2018/02/palladium-games-has-lost-robotech.html?m=1 Basically, Kevin Siembieda has announced that Palladium lost the license for Robotech and cannot fulfill the Kickstarter for Robotech® RPG Tactics™ . Backers...
  5. mac40k

Savage Traveller help/suggestions

tldr version: Anyone done Savage Traveller that has experience to share or a link to someone else’s conversion you know about? I’ve been playing SW for more than a decade. It has long since become my system of choice for just about any concept I might want to run and other games/settings are...
  6. mac40k

Are Mutant Chronicles source books of use to owners of the Savage Worlds version?

I own the Savage Worlds edition and just picked up the Dark Symmetry campaign book with a mind to convert it. Now that Modiphius is having a 30% off sale on DriveThruRPG, I'm tempted to splurge on some other books. However, as the title implies I'm only interested in their usefulness in fleshing...
  7. mac40k

Why aren't we talking about FFG's The End of the World?

If someone else started a thread, I missed it. The EotW line will be 4 books, each based around a different take on the Apocalypse. The first is Zombies, due soon, followed by alien invasion, return of the gods, and rise of the machines. Each book contains 5 flavors of its given genre and each...
  8. mac40k

So long consoles

So the kids grew up with consoles. I played PC games until I got tired of them not working, trying to find and download patches, drivers, etc. I started playing console games because you put a game in and it just works. Now I don't care for controllers much and after the advent of Steam, which...
  9. mac40k

[PS3] One year in, where are the Move games?

There was a lot of hype at last year's E3 about forthcoming Move games. I invested in 4 controllers, one nav controller, a charging base, and the rifle stock. Other than the Sports game bundle and Killzone 3, there haven't been a lot of games released. So far, I'm feeling that it was a huge...
  10. mac40k

My XBL account got hacked

Someone managed to hack into my inactive Xbox Live account and purchase $125 worth of MS Points on my debit card. Password reset, check. Security question reset, check. All cards removed from account, check. Official investigation opened with XBL Customer Support, check. They locked down the...
  11. mac40k

[PS3] Got a Move

Picked up the Move bundle, a Navigation Controller, and a charging base for the family Christmas gift. I got this primarily as an investment for the future, as none of the existing games really sparked an interest. That being said, I offer this mini review after a couple hours of messing around...
  12. mac40k

[ME2] Starting Insanity run (finally)

After 5 playthroughs as every class except Adept, having used both MaleShep, FemShep, and done Paragon, Renegade, and mixed, I'm finally starting my Insanity run. I've chosen a MaleShep Level 60 Paragon import and made him a Soldier. Took Warp Ammo as extra power because I don't want to have...
  13. mac40k

Why "dip"?

I saw the latest review of Army Painter Quick Shade over on BoLS and this is just the latest in a long string of reviews/posts/etc. I've seen singing the praises of "dip". Now, call me dense, but I've been using inks for years to wash figures. My usual process is prime, base coat, ink/wash, dry...
  14. mac40k

FFG Announces Deathwatch!

Sooner than I expected too. Deathwatch
  15. mac40k

WFRP #1

Sales rank data from Amazon.com. #1 in Books > Entertainment > Puzzles & Games > Role Playing & Fantasy #1 in Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Gaming Pretty good for a Pre-order item. Mine is pre-ordered and I'm anxiously awaiting it. I just hope FFG printed enough copies so that I...
  16. mac40k

[4e] Yet another KotS thread

So we kicked off our 4e trial with KotS last night. Only one player had any experience with previous versions of D&D, although all have experience with other RPGs. Characters were made ahead of time earlier in the week. Even though I tried to explain the concept of roles, I could not get anyone...
  17. mac40k

[4e]Help me understand Quests

Okay, so I've read the DMG section on Quests and Rewards, but I'm still confused. I understand the idea of using a quest as a hook to get the characters into the adventure, but I'm not sure about the XP awards associated with them. The DMG says that completing a quest results in an XP award...
  18. mac40k

Deadlands Hell on Earth and Savage Worlds

Okay, I just recently got into Savage Worlds. I know, a bit slow on the uptake with that one. After picking up 50 Fathoms, I went to the Pinnicle website to pick up some of the 50F downloads and buy some of the pdf's. I noticed that they were having a sale and browsed around ending up over at...
  19. mac40k

[nWoD] Is nMage suitable for 1 PC?

So I finally picked up Mage along with Sanctum and Sigil, Tome of the Watchtowers, Tome of Mysteries, and Secrets of the Ruined Temple. Without boring you with the details, I doubt I'll ever get a group together for this, but I've got one player that would probably play whenever I felt like...
  20. mac40k

Sell me on Mage the Awakening supplements

Of the big 3, I thought Mage might be the one I'd be most interested in picking up, but initial reviews combined with my own initial flipping through the book at Borders left me feeling I could afford to wait. To be honest, I was running Orpheus updated to nWoD rules at the time and didn't need...
Top Bottom