• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Shattercrack

Thoughts on core dice mechanic?

Players have up to ten dice in each skills, combat techniques or powers. Five dice is pretty decent. Dice are d8 pools, with 6, 7 and 8 counting as a success. Dice caps for rolls are determined by their attributes. For example, if Sir Ranulf’s Reflexes is 3, and his Swordsmanship is 5, his...
  2. Shattercrack

Superhero System Recommendation - For Tired Players + Streamlined Character Sheets + Great Encounters + Interesting Advancement/Development

I’m going to run a supers game, but on a weeknight slot. Everyone will be tired, and will just want to punch things. So the idea is to have a game with a strong action focus, but also interesting villains and complications and allow for different encounters, including death traps. The issue is...
  3. Shattercrack

Skills for Dark Ages Game

I'm working in a Dark Ages game, about holy knights fighting against various gribblies in a dark land. I'm playing with my list of skills, to make sure it captures everything required for knightly monster hunting adventures (apart from combat/defense skills which are separate). My preference is...
  4. Shattercrack

[Chaosium] Call of Cthulhu Seventh Edition - Now Available to Preorder

If you missed the Kickstarter...this is the quickest way to get a hold of the new edition - head over to Backerkit to preorder your copy of Call of Cthulhu Seventh Edition. If you have ever been enthralled by a ghost story or spellbound at a horror movie, you are in for a treat. Part the veil...
  5. Shattercrack

13th Age Rules, Numenera Setting

So the Numenera rules didn't work out for my group, but we all enjoyed the setting. I've been eyeing 13th Age for a potential campaign, and was thinking it might work for Numenera, with a bit of re-skinning. Icons could be the various factions - Order of Truth, Convergence. Cyphers would...
  6. Shattercrack

[Kickstarter] What's OLD is NEW - Crunchy, Generic RPG

As a confirmed kickstarter junkie, er, professional patron, I was recently intrigued by this What's OLD is NEW kickstarter. It's two individual games - an SF one (NEW) and a fantasy one (OLD) and you can mix and match stuff between them. As a generic RPG it interests me because it has a bunch...
  7. Shattercrack

[Tekumel] New Tekumel RPG on Kickstarter

There's a new Tekumel RPG coming out, or at least a Kickstarter for it. Random thoughts follow. For those who don't know, Tekumel is an ultra-detailed fantasy world based on a collapsed, high-tech empire (rather like Numenera). The main culture is a bit ancient India mixed with a bit of...
  8. Shattercrack

[Let's Play] Starlight Adventures #2 - Riddle of the Runaway

Starlight Adventures is a gamebook series from the 1980s, aimed at teenage girls/young women, promising "Ambition, Mystery, Romance". Here the one we did earlier.... * Book #1 – Star Rider. I think we rated this - Ambition: Lots; Mystery: Not Really; Romance: Too Much. In fact, players were...
  9. Shattercrack

[Let's Play] Starlight Adventures #1 - Star Rider

Hello, and welcome to another ‘Let’s Play an Obscure 80s Gamebook Series Thread!’ I’ll be your host for the Starlight Adventure series. In 1985, Puffin released six books in the ‘Starlight Adventures’ series. They looked just like the Fighting Fantasy books, but had blue spines and back...
  10. Shattercrack

[D&D 4E] Final Fantasy/JRPG-themed 4E

My players are into 4E, but want a sort of Final Fantasy inspired campaign. What would you say would be the tropes of a Final Fantasy or a JRPG campaign be? What sort of aesthetic tweaks could you make to 4E to create the vibe that we are indeed playing in Final Fantasy XXXII or something of...
  11. Shattercrack

[D&D4E] Non-combatty adventure mods?

I've just started a 4E campaign using Essentials and we had a good time, even though we're still putting all of the rules together. The players said that they want to try some different adventures that don't go - Encounter 1, you enter a new dungeon room - fight! Encounter 2, you enter a new...
  12. Shattercrack

[Ashen Stars] Converting to Mass Effect

I was hoping to run Ashen Stars with my group, but only got them really pumped about it when I mentioned those magical words - ‘Mass Effect’. So, it’ll take a bit of work to hack Ashen Stars to run Mass Effect. This thread will represent my ideas – it’s going to be rough and fluid, and I’d...
  13. Shattercrack

[RM] Quick Rolemaster Classic Skills Help

I'm just quickly getting together a character for a game today. This is my first RMC character. Just figuring out how the skills stack together. Say, I have the Alchemy skill, which is Re/Me. I have 4 ranks in the skill. My level is 6, and the level multiplier for the skill is 3. My Re/Me...
  14. Shattercrack

[Savage Worlds] Cthulhutech Conversion - Help Me Recreate my Tager!

We've just finished the first leg of our Cthulhutech campaign and the group thought the system was a bit clunky and complicated (especially as this is a 'mid-week' campaign on a work night!) The GM is keen to shift to Savage Worlds. Since most of the group are playing scientists, this would be...
  15. Shattercrack

[Convention] Eye-Con, Sydney Australia - Easter Long Weekend

Eye-Con 2010 is open for registration, taking place on the Easter Long Weekend (April 2nd-5th 2010) at St Scholastica's College, Glebe (Sydney, Australia). See the website for more information. There are a variety of roleplaying games and freeforms on offer, including Hunter: The Vigil...
  16. Shattercrack

[4E] What do I need to run? (Considering DMing for RPGA)

I was thinking of helping out the local RPGA by running a few games. (They've been a bit short lately.) I've played 4E a bit and prefer it to 3.5 (because it's like being inside a JRPG or something along those lines.) I'm an experienced GM, but mostly with rules-light systems - I've run a lot...
  17. Shattercrack

[Mass Effect 2] It's a shooter? Eeep!

I've read reviews stating that ME2's combat is just like a shooter. My problem, is, well, I'm not very good at shooters. I've got crappy spacial perception and got lost in Halo a fair bit as it didn't have a map. I get shot down a fair bit, being rather slow to react in real time. II like...
  18. Shattercrack

[Doctor Who] Pre-Fabricated Adventures!

I've been sniffing around for some pre-fab Doctor Who adventures (I like pre-fabs to act as a good improvisational springboard). There were some adventures for the old FASA edition, but the existing copies on eBay or at Noble Knight are massively expensive at the moment. So I went trawling...
  19. Shattercrack

[4E] 'My First Warlord' - RPGA Build

I was planning to join the RPGA and wanted to play a Warlord. I tend to play 'rrarrrh' fighters that charge ahead without thinking and step on people's toes, so I reckon if I go for a warlord, I'll be more focused on my team-mates and the overall strategy, as I focus on the...
  20. Shattercrack

[Critter Design] - Tool Using Feathered Serpents

I'm working a race of 'feathered serpents' for a fantasy project. I keep flip-flopping whether to make them more like feathered pterodactyls or go with a more mythical feathered serpent angle. I need them to be a civilised, sapient, tool-using, flying species. And although it's fantasy, I'd...
Top Bottom