• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. T

[Warhammer 40k / Kill Team] First games coming up - How in the world do you learn list building?

So I have been painting and converting Warhammer miniatures for years, but now my country finally (!!!!!) has it's very first gaming store and the proprietor / secret warhammer gaming whatsapp community has convinced me that it's finally time to give playing a shot. So my problem is currently...
  2. T

What is the weirdest academic article you've looked up to help make a character for gaming?

You know that sometimes, you really want to know how much verisimilitude you can pack into a character, and the best way to do that is to go knee-deep into someone elses historical research. You go to the library, you log into your computer, and say: "Give me everything you have about weird...
  3. T

What are some ways I could build a Ranger-equivalent in Starfinder?

Got a Starfinder game coming up and I'm trying to figure out the character creation. I'm going to play a human, and want something skillful and nature-oriented, without being necessarily magical. What are some good class + archetype + themes I could combine to make a fun character that matches...
  4. T

Trove: You Must Slay The Sundae Cenobite [Release Thread] [MMO][Puns]

(Pictured: An undead Candy-bar Barbarian standing atop the sugary waste in Candoria. The Candy-bar Barian tribes worship Eis-crom.) What is Trove Trove is an voxel-based action MMO by Trion Worlds, the makers of Rift. Although it looks like a game that is jacking Minecraft's aesthetics, and...
  5. T

[Pathfinder] [Sell me on] Your Favorite "Advanced Races?"

I am not very familiar with pathfinder at all except for the setting stuff and Pathfinder Tales novels, which I enjoy. A friend of mine decided to run an adventure path and the group, knowing that I enjoy ambulatory plant races like the Wilden and Killoren, mentioned that the Ghoran existed and...
  6. T

5e Questions: How Many Ways Can You Build A Necromancer?

I know that there is a classic Necromancer option for 5e, and that it is rad as heck and there are skeletons everywhere and cackling rules, but I was wondering if 5e has a way to replicate my favorite D&D Archetype: The Plate Wearing Necromancer! Clerical necromancy has been pretty rad in...
  7. T

What MMOs do you love, but don't play because your friends won't play it?

Let's face it, one of the main reasons not to play a Massively Multiplayer Nerdgame is because you and a bunch of your friends can shoot the breeze while shooting at living breezes. Without your gang of friends, even really good MMOs are easy to pass over, so you find yourself playing lesser...
  8. T

Vice writes about creepy DMs: Dare you enter their magical realm?

So, for those not in the know, Vice magazine (a magazine known for, in what I am sure will become a running TG related joke, "immersionalist" journalism) is known for pushing buttons and mixing serious coverage with horrible huffpost "side-boob" level NSFW clickbait. They've taken a break from...
  9. T

[13th Age] What are some good Druid talent combinations?

I am terrible at figuring out if I am gimping myself when choosing abilities and powers, so I was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions on synyrgies besides warrior druid / shifter. Is it worth it to spread your points out in three different talents, or is it pretty much necessary to be...
  10. T

What are the best One Unique Things you have seen in a 13th Age game?

I'm making a character for a 13th Age game right now and was planning on using this OUT: Some people have a doppelganger: an supernaturally created, identical-in-everything-but-personality version of themselves that has set out to assume their lives by any means possible and become that person...
  11. T

MMOgnards rejoice! Asheron's Call and AC2 going B2P next month.

Early this year Turbine (the developers of Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons Online announced) announced that they were going to cease development of their original classics, Asheron's Call and Asheron's Call 2, sometime this year. The original plan was that if you had an active...
  12. T

Need advice for picking Glorantha products.

Howdy! I have a bunch of players that LOVE BRP/percentile-based games and modern descriptive style systems, and it's been a while since we retired our last game, so I was thinking of running something set in Glorantha using one of the systems that's known for it. Keep in mind that I've only...
  13. T

[Sell me on] your favorite D&D settings wood elves

We all love the h*ck out of wood elves. Look at them elves. Travelling halfway to elfheaven and then deciding to stop because the forest owns. Taking mannish wives and engaging in holy cannibalism. Growing thorns through the skin so they will be in enough pain that the Horrors can't manipulate...
  14. T

What is your favorite D&D expression of the Shaman and why?

Guys, let's face it. Shamans own. Who doesn't wanna play a dude that is all like SPIRITS OF ICE, MAKE MY MEAD COLD and play a drum and enter ecstatic trances and stuff? D&D has tried a bunch of times to get a Shaman players option right, at least once in every edition. The class has also been...
  15. T

What setting / d20 spinoff game has the raddest druids?!

You know the drill. Some people are sayin' you are fake, sayin' you didn't beat up a Hierophant so you could achieve level 16. This is the druid roll call! Druids can turn into animals and things that aren't animals. Druids can pick a landscape and be the undisputed masters of walking around in...
  16. T

What D20 based game or supplement has the raddest rules for playing (un)dead people?

I love games where you can play undead people. I don't care what kind of dead people - vampires, ghosts, ghouls, treants that have been struck by lightning, that dog from Pet Cemetary, a colony of ants out to take vengeance of a kid with a magnifying glass. I also love d20 based games My...
  17. T

What are your favorite non-core player/game options? [All Editions]

We've all played core D&D. In discussions about D&D, we all have that common ground - but one of the things that separates groups, editions, etc, are what non-core options we've either allowed at our table or played at one. Some of us have fond memories of playing Thri-Kreen in Dark Sun, or...
Top Bottom