• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. captainquirk

West London W5 - Face to face gaming group - Various RPGs - Seeking GMs and Players

A small bump to say that we are still very much looking for players, and looking for GMs even more. If you live around the Ealing area, get in touch and give us a try.
  2. captainquirk

West London W5 - Face to face gaming group - Various RPGs - Seeking GMs and Players

Not sure if I am allowed to post links here, but anyone interested can find us with a search for Western Warlords if you want to know more about our group. We have a Meetup, a Discord server, and a couple of other places describing what we are about.
  3. captainquirk

Looking for a Citadel rhino-headed Broo miniature

Friend of mine is searching for a Broo miniature made by Citadel as part of their licenced Runequest range. It's a Broo with a rhino head which is holding two weapons. (there is another rhino-headed Broo with a single weapon but that's not the one he is seeking). It's as shown in the picture...
  4. captainquirk

Why is it so difficult to get people to play anything besides D&D?

5e has positioned itself extremely well. And the existence of DnD Beyond adds to the ease of introducing new players as it can generate and manage characters. All you need is a vague idea such as 'halfling thief'. It does most of the work for you, and then all you need is to ask what dice you...
  5. captainquirk

That's true. Few pulp characters seem to have made a profit from the treasures they sought.
  6. captainquirk

How many people in the UK playing 'Runequest: Roleplaying in Glorantha'?

Are you anywhere near W5? We have an ad in the Ye Olde Tavern section.
  7. captainquirk

I'm not sure how any of us can be definitively and absolutely certain about how and why the game changed. Too many complex factors at work. It's still a valid observation that finding treasure for least risk was the major goal of the game originally. Gygax's supposed roleplaying guidance was...
  8. captainquirk

I think you are entirely right about the finding treasure aspect that D&D originally had. I suspect that the change was because D&D engendered several generations of computer games which had a shifted emphasis and placed a higher value on killing adversaries. And that in turn fed back in to...
  9. captainquirk

Just for clarification, I do have a (very very small) group playing RQ: Glorantha. I asked the question because I'm genuinely curious about how much Runequest gets played at all these days,. Considering that at one time it was in a strong second place to D&D, it has seriously lost most of the...
  10. captainquirk

Completely agree about sorcery! I use the same solution. You seem to be the nearest group to ours so far. .
  11. captainquirk

I ran it using RQ2 about six months or so back before converting to RQ: G. There is a scenario in the RQ: G GM's screen pack which revisits Apple Lane after the Dragonrise and Sartar's liberation. To late for Gringle though. The pawn shop is now a burnt out ruin. And Gringle fled from...
  12. captainquirk

Interesting. I didn't know about that. Many thanks.
  13. captainquirk

Hmm, we are unfortunately rather a long way from you. Our group is in Ealing Broadway.
  14. captainquirk

D&D 5e benefits a lot from the DnD Beyond resources. It's entirely possible to create a character and to play D&D without knowing how to play it! The tools will prompt for most functions and you can ask the GM for anything else. I run a games group, one that was expressly created for non-D20...
  15. captainquirk

Just wondering to what degree the new set of rules has won people over? It's a fine book with great production values. But are people actually playing it? Particularly interested in there are players in London UK.
  16. captainquirk

Established gaming group nearby to Ealing Broadway, London W5. Currently playing D&D5e, Runequest in Glorantha, Dungeon Crawl Classics, Dr Who: AITAS, and other RPGs. We have room for players in some existing games, and room to expand so both new GMs and new players are welcome. We meet...
  17. captainquirk

London W5 United Kingdom – Runequest Glorantha – GM seeking players

Play Location/Method: Coffee shop in London W5, UK (Ealing Broadway) - face to face gaming. Game/System: RuneQuest Glorantha. Player or GM? I'm a GM/player seeking sufficient players to start this game. Time/Frequency: Thursdays from 6pm to 10pm. Genre: Approximately Bronze Age in the gaming...
Top Bottom