• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. P

[Book/Nonfiction]: A World of Baby Names, reviewed by C.W.Richeson (5/5)

I did use a baby name book for a while, but the players really didn't care where the name came from nor what it ment.
  2. P

[Book/Nonfiction]: A World of Baby Names, reviewed by C.W.Richeson (5/5)

I find the phonebook works just as well-open randomly and start looking.
  3. P

[Star Wars][SAGA] Share Your House Rules

When a player uses a Force Point to increase thier roll, I ask them if they want to change one D6 to a D12 by tapping into the Dark Side, this earns them a Dark Side Point. This makes the Dark Side more tempting and gets them to acknowledge their emotional state at the time of using it. I...
  4. P

Destiny mechanic in SW Saga, how have you found it?

In a previous thread, I have been asking about Destiny and players. Unfortunately, most has been gripes about Destiny and most of the responses have been negative. Balbinus suggested opening a new thread, so I have taken him up on it. So has anyone out there have gotten the SWSE Destiny...
  5. P

No interest in Destiny

Sure the players are experimental subjects, or the game that you are playing. The best games I have been in have had experimental ideas. One can say all of Role-playing is an experiment of ideas, will this opponent be a challenge, will this story be compelling, will they feel scared here or...
  6. P

No interest in Destiny

nice try geezer, I have answered the question of why. I have not forced anything, I have just brought up Destiny once at character creation and once during game play, at critical roll. Thats it, I have not mentioned outside of the game either. So I have not pushed Destiny...or the green...
  7. P

No interest in Destiny

I really just want to see how the rule mechanic works out in actual play. With my current players, I get the feeling it will work as well as "making a 5 year old try sushi" If they don't want to eat it, they wont no matter how much you force it. So I was looking for a more subversive way...
  8. P

No interest in Destiny

Epoch- Well that a totally different story, if the advanture's goal was to kill the Emperor then naturally it would go that way. (I wonder how many alternate Universes the Emperor has been killed by players, not Darth Vader?) I guess it depends on how the group works with the mega plot, which...
  9. P

Dealing With GM Burnout

how are you running two games? are you playing twice a week? Flipping every other adventure? I barely find the time to play one game. I agree with most the post here take a break, but something tells me you should manage your time when you get back into it. Pete
  10. P

No interest in Destiny

Epoch- True, you can use Destiny in that way, 5 characters each with one Destiny point could take on the Emperor with five auto crits, however, I would find it hard to believe that a group could corner the Emperor that way. Additionally, I would guess that their Destiny would not be to “destroy...
  11. P

No interest in Destiny

From reading all the post, I have to ask two questions: 1) is anyone using Destiny in their games? 2) Who out GNS theory is playing Star Wars Saga Edition?
  12. P

No interest in Destiny

I am a big fan of Ron Edwards ‘ GNS (Gamist/Narrativist/Simulationist) classification for playing styles. Although, I feel that this classification is a good outline for gamer’s motivation in playing, I am not looking for a debate about this topic. But rather, more curious about how it fits...
  13. P

[RPG]: Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide, reviewed by Phlophouse (3/5)

Thanks everyone, Wizbang, you are correct. I just read the post. There are a few glitches in it. I don’t know why, but the transfer from MS Word to the post always messes up the paragraphs settings. “Soft Chew-digesting the setting,””Crunchy Bits-digesting the mechanics” and the background...
  14. P

[RPG]: Twilight: 2013, reviewed by Darren MacLennan (2/3)

Hey I know what you are trying to get me into...and it wont work.;)
  15. P

[RPG]: Twilight: 2013, reviewed by Darren MacLennan (2/3)

Darren thanks for the review, I thought it was very entertaining. Role-players are a very diverse group and very opinionated, which makes arguing fairly pointless. As a reviewer, I feel that you have every right to publish your opinion even though it will conflict with somebody else’s opinion...
  16. P

Outstanding NPCs

One of my most memorable NPC, as a player, was with a Call of Cthulhu game. There were several things my GM (James) did to make this character outstanding. First, James did a character twist, he presented “Bubba” a stereotypical red neck hunter. The brilliance behind James’ creation was that...
  17. P

Outstanding NPCs

How do we players treat NPCs? Well, there are the quite mumbles, the sarcastic comments, belittling behind the back, and the mocking. Oh, the wonderful mocking! Basically, as players we complete for laughs and wit with each other at the NPC’s expense. We take the hard work and effort of so...
  18. P

Droids Destiny SWSE

I have been looking through SE, I can not find anywhere that says that Droids can not have Destiny. I orginally thought that because they are not alive nor have the Force Senstivity that Destiny would be restricted from them. Can anyone find a rule within SE that clearly states one way or...
  19. P

[RPG]: Star Wars Saga Edition Starships of the Galaxy, reviewed by Phlophouse (5/5)

Re: [RPG]: Star Wars Saga Edition Starships of the Galaxy, reviewed by Phlophouse (5/ I gave a critical eye looking for areas which others might find problems. I do not think it is overly negative review. I stated several times that it is well designed and written, it strengths are that the...
Top Bottom