• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Patkin

🎨 Creative [Trinity Continuum] Renaissance-era Talents

So, I'm considering the potential uses of Trinity Continuum's core once it's released, and one idea that I'm revolving around is a Renaissance-period game about Italian swordsmen and Inspired super-science... and my question is, "am I basically just replicating 7th Sea here?" I suppose a valid...
  2. Patkin

[Exalted 3e] Trying to understand Craft through the Dragon-Blooded

Okay, so, this is unrelated to the other creative thread I have about Exalted right now, but I'm trying to determine something. Is the way Craft in 3e works, the way projects work, going to make a Terrestrial artificer's life difficult? One of the things that fed a... resentment, I guess you...
  3. Patkin

🎨 Creative [Exalted 3e] I need some help designing Evocations, which I am terrible at.

I'm working on a Dragon-Blooded character, a Water-aspect outcaste from Grieve named Black Lynx. She's a local magistrate (in the mold of Judge Dee), and in addition to being a superior investigator, she's also a brawler. So obviously the artifact she'd possess is a smashfist. And that's where I...
  4. Patkin

IC Bakemono Gakuen (Monsterhearts 2e)

It was a dark and stormy night... Well, okay, it's not night, but the storm clouds over Kurashiki High School have been pretty solid all through the weekend and going into this morning. Most students have had to bring umbrellas to get through the deluge, and the winds are rattling the windows...
  5. Patkin

OOC Bakemono Gakuen (Monsterhearts 2nd Edition)

Hi, this is the OOC thread for Bakemono Gakuen, a Monsterhearts 2nd Edition PBP game. I'm going to be your hostess and I'm very positive about the situation right now. Pretty much everyone here has experience in MH games on here (a lot more than I have, let me tell you) so please, don't be...
  6. Patkin

[Recruiting/Discussion] Monsterhearts 2nd Edition: Bakemono Gakuen

Okay! I'm looking to actually run a game for once, and I feel like messing about in Monsterhearts might be the best place to do it. What I'm looking to do here is recruit up to five players, build up a setting and discuss a seating chart, and then get a game underway. I'm going to limit the...
  7. Patkin

[5e] Raised by Dragons

So, I'm working on the back history of an Outlander Sorcerer, and I'm trying to work out the practicalities of the idea. The setting is in the Critical Role Tal'Dorei setting, and the character is a young wood elf woman who lost her parents in a frost giant attack, and was essentially adopted...
  8. Patkin

[Masks: A New Generation] question about the Janus and Labels

So, I'm looking over Masks, and I have this question that I can't shake regarding the various Labels and the 'The Mask' move. Is it fruitful to have a +1 in the Label your mask is supposed to represent, since you can just switch that out with your +3 in Mundane; or should you (in particular...
  9. Patkin

[Werewolf: the Apocalypse] Black Furies and Gender Identity

So, this is going to be a sensitive subject (and I desperately do not want to step on anything here) but I've been thinking about it a lot recently as I'm reading through W:tA 20th Anniversary and I'd like some outside perspective. One of the core things about the Black Furies has always been...
  10. Patkin

[V:tR2e] A series of open questions about mechanical changes

1.) So, am I correct that a starting character at Humanity 7 doesn't actually possess a clan weakness when the game begins? Since they only activate at the first degeneration to Humanity 6, that seems to be the implication; but then I'm left wondering what exactly a Nosferatu's life is like...
  11. Patkin

[Beast: the Primordial] Night Horrors: Conquering Heroes commentary

Hi, uh, it's been a really long time since I posted on here, but I just picked up Conquering Heroes, the Night Horrors thing that released for Beast and I have some thoughts on the subject. This isn't really going to be about proofreading or mechanics, just some stuff that on reading I got stuck...
  12. Patkin

[Mage: the Awakening] Reforming the Cosmology

So, I'm going in deep on Mage: the Awakening this week. Reading 2nd edition, reading through 1st edition and its supplements, reading the various Dark Eras stuff related to Mage. There's always ideas in there that I want to play with, but they're also always tied to ideas I need to burn in a...
  13. Patkin

[Demon: the Descent] Switching Covers Mid-Chase

So, this has been banging on in the back of my head for like two weeks. Suppose you have a demon with 2+ distinct Covers, and they're being chased through a city back alley/condemned tenement building/dark woods. During the chase, they get out-of-sight of their pursuers and decide "this is a...
  14. Patkin

💀 Necro [CofD/Hunter 2E] Ashwood Abbey Open Development

From the most recent discussion of Hunter 2E on Onyx Path's website: Slashers and Ashwood Abbey/ I needed to get this out of my system, and attempting to reply directly to that post wound up eating my comment on it and then Wordpress thinking it's there already (which probably means a replica...
  15. Patkin

[Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate] Discussion Thread

I wasn't sure if this had already been put together or not, but I've been playing Monster Hunter 4 for the past... week, I want to say? And it's been alternatively fun and frustrating in the way that I'm led to understand Monster Hunter usually is. I'm onto the fourth "zone" and third "staging...
  16. Patkin

[Unease] Tangency Warmongering

So, I wasn't really sure where to put this, but I feel like this might be the best place for it, since it's technically a question for the mods. Over the past couple... years it feels like, I've felt increasingly at unease going into Tangency threads, particularly international political...
  17. Patkin

[Late to the... Party?] I Bought Battlefield 3 for X-Box 360 Yesterday.

Did I screw up? Honest question. I know for a variety of reasons I shouldn't expect much (I'm a couple years late, a game and console behind, and on a system that makes the PC folk recoil in horror no less); but I tried looking into multiplayer, the thing this game is known for and there was...
  18. Patkin

[Demon: the Descent] Need help with city-chronicle ideas (Infrastructure/Agencies/etc.)

I'm thinking of preparing some settings for Descent, and could use some help in coming up with Infrastructure and so forth, since I haven't quite gotten a grasp of it all yet. The first idea is basically a historical setting, WW2-era Paris. Basically the idea is the Unchained as resistance...
  19. Patkin

[M:tC] Development Tease for The Deceived (speculation/spoilers)

So, this got posted on Onyx Path today. I didn't see any threads on the subject here, but I thought it was pretty interesting. Primarily, what I could suss out of it is that the Deceived, as a guild, kind of invoke the "joined-souls" aspect to the old Mummy game in the temakh. The seven...
  20. Patkin

[W:tO/KotE] Do Risen exist in the Middle Kingdom?

So, I've been looking over some of my older books, and I... can't actually come to a decent conclusion on this. Logically speaking, there should be some Risen in the Far East. All it takes is a suitably-motivated ghost in the Yellow Springs to use Puppetry and some of the related-Arcanoi...
Top Bottom