• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Beri

[fail] [Hollywood bleach] live-action GITS casting news

I don't know about this Johannsen person, but I'd totally watch Black Widow cosplay as Motoko Kusanagi for two hours.
  2. Beri

60fps vs 30fps - is there a change coming?

There's more to video gaming than headclicking, Griffinhart. 60 FPS is very important for clicking on heads. The PVP FPS community has made that abundantly clear. And if your primary goal when playing video games is to click on heads, then yeah, crank up the FPS. It's when the headclicking...
  3. Beri

[trailer] Hatred - Trigger Warning

I'm daydreaming of a virus that forcefully mods realism into the game. You get crippled from the first bullet that hits you, and the rest of the 'game' is sitting paralyzed in a jail cell, spoon-fed by a prison nurse. Who happens to be a minority.
  4. Beri

Tell me of Carcassonne?

Yeah, Inns & Cathedrals is "Carcassonne: More of It." If you're enjoying the basic gameplay, you really can't go wrong there.
  5. Beri

Just like other 'proofs', all this video shows me is that the game is just fine at 30, and remains playable all the way down to 10.
  6. Beri

[Alien: Isolation] Game Over, Man!

In a universe with Xenomorphs, "kill all living things and swan-dive into a planet" is a pretty reasonable emergency response.
  7. Beri

Is 60 FPS optimal for playing, then? I don't see a lot of people clamoring for 120 FPS. Seems to me that the 'more frames = better' wouldn't be satisfied with compromising at 60.
  8. Beri

Interestingly, these sites just showed me that the difference between 30 and 60, to me, is even less than I had thought. I mean, side by side, sure, I can tell which one is smoother, but I certainly think claims of 'unplayable' at 30fps are exaggerated.
  9. Beri

More frames are good, but I think the current argumentation about it is just the usual urge to grasp on to anything quantifiable. We latch on to things like processor speed, memory size, number of weapons, number of levels, without really just looking at the game as a whole and asking ourselves...
  10. Beri

[Shadowrun Returns] Deadman Switch; Does the difficulty ramp up? (slight spoiler, I guess)

At least they nerfed shotguns. Used to be that you'd just mosey around, kneecapping people until they lost their turn.
  11. Beri

Players don't want good AI. We say we do, but during playtesting, when using enemies who are even remotely tactically aware, players will consistently complain that it's cheap. Sadly, for all our Call of Duty fantasies, we're generally pretty lousy at reading a changing combat situation...
  12. Beri

Assasins Creed 'Parity'

I think there's space for them to spin it, in terms of artistic vision: that they want to produce one version of AC:Unity that can be a shared experience for everyone, rather than one with a higher resolution, one with better lighting, one with a smoother frame rate, etc. I'm not saying this...
  13. Beri

[Smash Bros] Who do you want to see come out in DLC?

Howard and/or Nester.
  14. Beri

I think you got that with the Mii Fighter feature.
  15. Beri

It's important to learn that a game can be good, and yet still not be something you want to play. Alien: Isolation sounds extremely well-done. And I extremely don't even want to be in the same room as it!
  16. Beri

That'd be a good compromise to the Final Fantasy requests - he's a distinctly Squaresoft character while still being in the Mario mythos.
  17. Beri

Yeah, honestly I want to start by restoring all the characters who have been removed. It's the principle of the thing, mostly - I don't want Smash Bros. to be a carefully curated collection of Nintendo's finest. I want it to be absurd, overflowing, always adding things and never taking them...
  18. Beri

Batman's new sidekick uses guns? Really?

Also, just about every weapon is potentially non-lethal in the hands of a highly-trained martial artist. A gun is a device which propels a piece of material accurately and at high speed. There's some possibility for it to be more of a tool than a weapon.
  19. Beri

Is the WiiU a "weak" system?

Well, one of those is actually a word, at least.
  20. Beri

Ideas On How To Be A Better Player

Respect that the GM has spent probably an hour or two thinking about your session and planning things out. Try to spend 15 minutes thinking about the upcoming session as a player, and how you might make it awesome.
Top Bottom