• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Skywalker

A "new look" for The One Ring a.k.a. The Lord of the Rings™ RPG

Another reason to hold off preordering for now. Though the changes look considerable, they do seem to be designed to operate behind the numbers on the page, which may mean that the new books can be used with the previous edition with little effort. Time will tell though. I intend to pick up the...
  2. Skywalker

Interesting 5e settings

Middle Earth with Adventures in Middle Earth.
  3. Skywalker

Interesting 5e settings

Esper Genesis is a great 5e in space. It reskins much of the base classes and magic etc but mechanically it’s so similar you can throw anything from D&D into it without conversion.
  4. Skywalker

A "new look" for The One Ring a.k.a. The Lord of the Rings™ RPG

I was tempted by the Limited Edition cover but USD120 is just too expensive for me.
  5. Skywalker

Planning to start a game of Masks - what pitfalls to watch out for?

I agree with powers being important. They inform the fictional positioning quite a bit and often reflect a PC’s issues more generally.
  6. Skywalker

Free League Publishing (Fria Ligan) announce new Alien RPG [merged x2]

Not sure if the question was aimed at me or rhetorical, but in case it’s the former - hell yes :) We loved the system with the stress mechanic being an absolute highlight in managing to recreate a number of great scenes from the movies. We found it easy to use & intuitive in play. We can’t wait...
  7. Skywalker

[Esper Genesis] Core Manual is out to backers.

The Threats Database is out now. Its a good looking book, which makes up for some of the 16 months it has taken to be released. The starship material is still pretty thin though. Here's hoping the Master Technician's Guide fulfills that role (and is quicker to release).
  8. Skywalker

[Esper Genesis] Storm King's Thunder

Having received the Threat Database, the Veblasti seem like a good baseline for the Giants in a reskin of this campaign.
  9. Skywalker

Planning to start a game of Masks - what pitfalls to watch out for?

Masks kind of runs itself IME. It rewards those those who lean on the system hard. Be careful in introducing too many of the new playbooks as they tend to shape the narrative in significant ways.
  10. Skywalker

Settings with a similar "vibe" to WFRP, but not as grimdark?

It doesn’t. I was just raising in respect to his last post about homebrew settings, not his original post.
  11. Skywalker

FWIW we have used Zweihander for good effect for a WFRP-like RPG in our setting. We are inspired by Joe Abercrombie's novels but its pretty versatile for some thing like WFRP but of your own making.
  12. Skywalker

It definitely has less of a straight European analog vibe than WFRP, but it’s not all that weird IMO. The way the world is presented in the adventures was reminiscent of WFRP to an extent. There is a dose of D&D style adventuring in there too, but that is part of the reason that the setting...
  13. Skywalker

Usagi Yojimbo RPG PbtA...

It’s certainly popular, but it is worth noting that PbtA has rarely been used for licensed IP like this to date. I think that it is because there is no generic version of PbtA that you can just slap the IP onto like you can d20, Fate or 2d20. One of its innate features is that it is designed for...
  14. Skywalker

It feels weird to call a 10 year old year old system, a “current darling” :)
  15. Skywalker

Symbaroum maybe be a good choice. https://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/279090
  16. Skywalker

I think it’s assumed that if you are comfortable with PDFs, you will be comfortable with ordering the POD direct from DTRPG.
  17. Skywalker

I assume print with no digital is for luddites who don’t want PDFs or even order POD through DTRPG. I have Farflung. I like it but it’s a little rough around the edges especially through a PbtA lens.
  18. Skywalker

Third Eye Games: What's up and next?

I am hoping for AMP Y5.
  19. Skywalker

Free League Publishing (Fria Ligan) announce new Alien RPG [merged x2]

I think this has already been confirmed. The short story collection “Bug Hunt” has aliens other than Xenomorphs, Neomorphs, and Engineers in it. On saying that, I am not sure that Arcturians are aliens.
  20. Skywalker

Legacy Life among the Ruins...tell me about it!

It’s a great RPG, though the zooming in and out is certainly a trick that takes getting used to. I would recommend sticking with the corebook to start, possibly with just Engine of Life and Endgame, which directly expand the base game. The supplements are all good it they add more layers on top...
Top Bottom