• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. J

*Podcast* Nobilis 1:1 game: He's the GM, I'm the Player

He's the GM, I'm a player, a new Nobilis 1:1 game with a podcast. This 1:1 Nobilis game uses 2nd edition. We're pretty new to this podcasting, and it is literally just my wife and I playing Nobilis. Anyway, give it a listen if you are curious about some Nobilis actual play, give it a listen...
  2. J

What are the design conventions of rpgs?

What do we as the rpg audience expect for rpgs? What conventions have we learned and acquired in how RPGs are designed that end up depending on our familiarty to communicate their intended eaning? I'm really looking to understand what our visual discourse community is. So for example, use of...
  3. J

Weird SPYFi

Taking Tim Powers Declare and the Laundry Books by Stross what other works of Weird SPYFI would you suggest, and why? Let’s start with the following guidelines for Weird SPYFI. It's Spy Fiction. That is it involves espionage in one of its myriad forms. It's weird, which means it has elements...
  4. J

Kickstarts and the like, what forum

This thread was moved to Ads: http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?575741-Kickstart-Stealing-Cthulhu-GM-advice-for-Lovecraftian-roleplay I had originally thouight about ads, but some google-fu showed that more than half of the rpg relevant kickstarts were in Tabletop Roleplaying Open, and I...
  5. J

[Kickstart] Stealing Cthulhu : GM advice for Lovecraftian roleplay

Graham Walmsley, author of the some great Purist Adventures for Trail of Cthulhu such as the Dying of St Margaret’s and Cthulhu Apocalypse, is writing a book of GM advice for Lovecraftian roleplaying games called Stealing Cthulhu. It’s festooned with marginalia by gaming luminaries such as...
  6. J

Good Wuxia films to start with the kids

I'm interested in delving into Wuxia, and my kids seem interested in the genre as well. Any good movie recommendations?
  7. J

Communicating around a LARP

A LARP, like any organization, is going to require communication. I’m curious what folks consider as part of their communication plan: before, during and after the game. I assume that there are some best practices out there for ensuring that inclusion and awareness are a built in part of the...
  8. J

Getting the players to investigate

One of the worse things that can happen in any Investigative game, no matter what the genre or style, is players bogging down into speculative debate about what could be happening. The truth of the matter is that usually many things can be happening, but only one thing is. What tools and tricks...
  9. J

Cabal New York 1930s

For <a href="http://www.innocence.com/games/taci/Main/HomePage">Tantaene Animis Caelestibus Irae</a> my Nephilim meets the Cabal game I'm running an adventure set in 130s New York. As part of that I'm looking to develop a good abckdrop to the occult scene in the city. And I'd appreciate ideas...
  10. J

[Recruiting] Lexicon of the Firmament

The Lexicon of the Firmament, a new Lexicon is seeking players. Jere
  11. J

13th Zodiac

I'm currently running an occult conspiracy game, Tantaene Animis Caelestibus Irae, which has amongst its primary influecnes GURPS: Cabal and so has heavy astrological flavor. I just ran a Lexicon, a type of constrained writing exercise, to develop background material, and one of the things...
  12. J

[HeroQuest] Cell Type Creation

It sees to me that HeroQuest should be able to handle Cell creation ala Conspriacy X or Covenant creation ala Ars Magica, but right now its escaping me. Any ideas? Suggestions? Jere
  13. J

[Recruiting] Lexicon for Occult Conspiracy Game

I'm running a Lexicon, the Lexicon of Untold Ages set to begin on Friday, March 11. This lexicon is for tantaene animis caelestibus irae, a Nephilim/Cabal Fusion nothing in those two books is necessarily canon and the creativity of the participants is encouraged. Basically this means respect...
  14. J

[Boston] Occult Conspiracy Game seeks players

Tantaene animis caelestibus irae (Latin for “Can such anger dwell in heavenly minds”) is seeking an additional player. This is a new game of Fantasy of History and Occult Fantasy that is best described as Promethea by way of Nephilim and GURPS: Cabal run using the HeroQuest engine. You can find...
  15. J

Lexicon Call: Nephilim/Cabal

I'm running a Lexicon, the Lexicon of Untold Ages set to begin on Friday, March 11. This lexicon is for tantaene animis caelestibus irae, a Nephilim/Cabal Fusion nothing in those two books is necessarily canon and the creativity of the participants is encouraged. Basically this means respect...
  16. J

Fiction like these

I'm currently working on a lit of insprations for a <a href="http://www.livejournal.com/tools/memories.bml?user=jeregenest&keyword=tantaene+animis+caelestibus+irae&filter=all">forthcoming game</a>, and I'd appreciate folks thoughts on other fiction that I might not be aware of. Please take the...
  17. J

Fiction like Promethea

I'm hoping folks on this list can help me brainstor fiction that has a similiar (but not necessarily same) feel and scope as Alan Moore's <i>Promethea</i>.
  18. J

Nephilim RPG Questions for the French

In the English version of Nephilim we are presented with the following backstory for the Nephilim Now soon after it came out the much was that the original developer, Sam Shirley, talked explicitly on the Nephilim mailing list about how the the Nephilim were wrong. The entire setting material...
  19. J

Anyone ever run a GURPS Cabal game?

If so, details please. Websites especially appreciated.
  20. J

Amber community

I think it is fair to say that the Amber community is its own little sub-world in gaming. They do their own cons, there are people who play nothing else. They do every imaginable blend of genre in the context of 'Amber', oftentimes not even using the Amber RPG as their rules set. In short, this...
Top Bottom