• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. H

Some kind've space-time hiccup, apparently.

https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?832129-NaLaWriMo-2018-Three-month-warning What's with the title of this thread? It looks like an Infractions thread, but that's not where or what it is.
  2. H

So, what do alien invaders even want?

The "realistic alien invasion" thread gets knocked around every so often, with the general conclusion that a war against interstellar aliens would be a sick joke with a grim punchline. I'm coming at this from a slightly different angle. Rather than "how would we/could we win this?" or "in...
  3. H

That Other Thread: modern technology in horror

This seems a damn good discussion to have, it just doesn't fit where it was posted, so now it's here! For my money, horror plots unravel entirely when presented with technology in general, to various degrees. The point of horror is to make the schlubs involved helpless, isolated and ignorant...
  4. H

An odd question

I'm not planning to do anything, but I got to thinkin', can someone temporarily waive the protections they're given under the rules? Like, if I explicitly start a thread with "go right ahead and insult me, you have my permission", would people still get dinged for personal attacks if they took...
  5. H

OOC BESM: Scum & Villainy

Hey look, it's an IC thread! http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?746416-BESM-Scum-amp-Villainy&p=18634181#post18634181 Report in!
  6. H

IC BESM: Scum & Villainy

Naraka-04 is, from any sane distance, a featureless black cube orbiting a temperamental star. It is an outpost of the Subtle Hand, the galaxy's self-appointed "karmic adjudicators". It is a lonely, wretched prison, a Hell - many Hells, actually, layered nine deep and portioned out just so, to...
  7. H

[Recrutment] BESM 3rd: Scum & Villainy

Right, so I've gotten the rare itch to actually run something - an animesque Space Opera game! The setting's still generally up in the air to allow for creative freedom with backgrounds - it's a big universe, there are a lot of strange alien races (and strangely adapted humans) out there, and...
  8. H

[Aspects] "I attack the villain with...."

Here's how this thread works: someone proposes an improbable use of an aspect, someone else explains how that usage is totally legit, and then provides a new improbable aspect use. From our parent thread... "I attack the villain with my love of peanut butter!" ...Because the villain is a...
  9. H

*Podcast* The Tome Show - Appendix N. Looking for guests!

Hey look, a shameless plug! As most of you enlightened folk know, D&D owes less to Tolkien and more to Howard than most people think. Gygax helpfully recorded his inspirations in a lonely list in the back of the DMG, and most of them don't have any elves. That list is Appendix N, and this...
  10. H

[Recruitment] Mafia/Werewolf?

Y'know, I don't think I've ever seen a Mafia game played around here. Hopefully that doesn't mean it's been tried, went down in flames, and nobody ever wants to try it again. I'm also not sure if Mafia is "RPG" enough for RPG.net, but I've seen Diplomacy played here, so maybe it's allowable...
  11. H

[LFGM] CtL ZOMG BBQ FYI

Right, it's that time again. Me: An obsessive Changeling fan with enough enthusiasm for ten lesser souls, and a huge pile of concepts yet to be played. You: My motley, and a capricious agent of the Wyrd. I like how Changelings are usually kitted out with corkscrew shaped hammers for screwy...
  12. H

[LFGM] Only War,

Exactly what it says on the tin. I've recently grabbed Only War, and I want to give it a spin.Currently I've got a Techpriestess in mind, but that's subject to change. I ask that we use the point-buy system. Randomly rolled stats, while traditional, almost never go anywhere good for me...
  13. H

The other {MHR Interest/GM Recruitment] thread.

So there's this thing here, and it seems to have garnered enough interest, but it's full, and there are enough interested players to fill three games. I like the idea of forming a Supers universe around the backgrounds of the heroes, rather than playing in an established one. Honestly, as much...
  14. H

[LFG)M), Legends of the Wulin Interest]

Exactly what it says on the tin. I feel the need to run along rooftops and punch the values of daoist propriety into a band of roving cannibal bandits! It's a niche thing, I know, but with the right players and the right Sage, we could really revolutionize the Communication-Through-Mutilation...
  15. H

IC Changeling: The Lost - The Witch's Promise

It's the first of October in Chicago, a cold, blustery wind and steady rain rattling the tarnished gold from the trees. The gutters are full with autumn leaves, and milling figures pull their coats a little tighter, hold their umbrellas a little higher. A muscular ogress with rust-red teeth...
  16. H

OOC Changeling: The Lost - The Witch's Promise

Report in, team! IC thread goes up when everyone gets their relevant character information reposted here.
  17. H

[Recruinterest. Changeling, Chicago]

Third time's a charm, as they say. Wyrd willing, I'll be running a Changeling game in the NWoD's Chicago. A little less crossover-tastic than the book would have you believe, but mostly by the book, with a hefty dose of fey flavor. Hobgoblin labor unions in the local hedge, secret rooms set...
  18. H

[LFGM. Pathfinder] In which we play murderhobos

For some reason, I'm in the mood for an Evil-ish campaign. Granted, when I think "evil party", my first image is a mercenary company of fantasy-themed Shadowrunners, slaying monsters for the highest bidder and looting their lairs to the last shiny rock. In short, the same things ostensibly...
  19. H

IC [Exalted 2.5] Guerrillas in the Mist

It's the night of the 25th of Descending Fire, and the relentless heat still feels as if it could turn the Lesser Rock River to steam. Five days remain until the start of Calibration. Greyfalls has been in disarray for some time now, with brewing internal conflicts forming dire cracks in its...
  20. H

OOC [Exalted 2.5] Guerrillas in the Mist

I did give my word, after all. Repost your final final final set in stone and written in blood sheets here!
Top Bottom