• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. B

[Let's Read] The 4e Monster Manual and Monster Vault

There are quite a few Let's Read for 3e and earlier monster books going on right now, and they've given me many hours of entertainment. So I thought I'd contribute a little and get in on the action with a Let's Read for a pair of books I don't see on the front page here: the first Monster Manual...
  2. B

Castle Ravenloft: Can the Curse of Strahd maps be used with the original adventure?

So I'm GMing the original I6 Ravenloft adventure to a party over the Internet, and I'm going to try using Roll20 for it starting next week, for combat maps and so on. The actual system I'm using is GURPS, but that's irrelevant to the question at hand. Mapping the whole of castle Ravenloft using...
  3. B

IC Psi-Wars: Golko Wants You Dead!

Tariha City is a large habitat orbiting a gas giant out in the Rim. The system itself is almost entirely unremarkable, save that it lies on a convenient hyperspace corridor linking this area of the Rim to an area of the Core. The station was built to refuel and service cargo haulers going that...
  4. B

OOC [GURPS] Psi-Wars: Golko Wants You Dead!

Hello and welcome to the OOC thread for Psi-Wars: Golko Wants You Dead! Please post your character sheet and background as your first post in this thread. Please remember to include a reason Golko wants you dead and one true thing about Golko. I will do my best to keep the game going until...
  5. B

[Re-Recruitment] GURPS Dungeon Fantasy: In Search of the Unknown

Hello, fellow roleplayers! If your interest was captured by the recent Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game Quickstarter and you want to see how it plays, here's your opportunity! For the past couple of years or so, I've been GMing a GURPS Dungeon Fantasy game in this forum, with a fairly stable...
  6. B

[Blog] Octopus Carnival RPG Posts

Hello there, good folk of RPG.net! I've recently started an English language blog named Octopus Carnival, and after asking permission from the forum's moderation team, I'm going to use this thread to announce relevant posts on it. The blog is entirely non-commercial! I'm not using it to sell...
  7. B

What is the appropriate forum for blog announcements?

I've recently started an English-language RPG blog, and I was wondering if it would be appropriate to have a thread where I post links to new posts with brief descriptions. It would be similar to this thread on the Steve Jackson Games forums. This is a personal blog, not a commercial one, so I...
  8. B

[LLTP] Saint's Row Franchise

So, I recently learned that the entire Saint's Row franchise from 2 to 4 is now available for Linux, through Steam, and it's being sold at a deep, deep discount. I know these games are wacky open-world crime sandboxes, but that's about where my knowledge ends. Which of the games are worth...
  9. B

[Re-Recruitment][GURPS] X-COM needs you!

Join the fight against a mysterious alien menace that's slowly taking over our world! We are in need of 2-3 brave players willing to step into the boots of an elite X-COM trooper and to also help chart the organization's overall strategy. In this setting assembled by the collective decisions of...
  10. B

OOC GURPS X-COM: Noises In the Dark

Hello and welcome to the OOC thread for our GURPS X-COM game! Post any questions related to rules or the process of playing the game here. Please also post your character sheets here for posterity.
  11. B

IC GURPS X-COM: Noises In the Dark

Location: X-COM Headquarters, AKA "Mother Base". Situation Room. Local Time: 0800 "Hi, Auntie! Sorry for not calling earlier, the we-eather has been really bad." The girl speaks English laced with a heavy German accent, but it's the quavering in her voice that makes it hard to understand. She's...
  12. B

[Interest/Recruitment] GURPS X-COM

I'm a big fan of the X-COM computer games, and I've been kicking the idea of a RPG campaign based on them for a little while now. Of course, I don't want the experience to be 100% identical to that of the source material - you can just play the computer games for that. Instead, players will help...
  13. B

[Arkham City, Arkham Origins] Is it possible to complete the Riddler challenges before the main story?

I have all three Arkham games (Asylum, City, Origins), and I find those Riddler challenges to be a big annoyance in the later two. I managed to collect them all before finishing the main story in Asylum, but Arkham City really went overboard with the trophies and riddles. Not only there's an...
  14. B

IC GURPS Shadowrunner Blues

Once again you find yourselves in somewhat dire straits, and once again Tijuana Station is happy to provide you with some welcome respite. This habitat dug into a giant asteroid in a slightly out of the way solar system started out as a pirate haven, but slowly "cleaned up" as the years went by...
  15. B

OOC GURPS Shadowrunner Blues

This is the OOC thread for the "Shadowrun in Space" game I'm putting together. Starting players are Wyzard, Kelly Pedersen, MarianLH, Sabermane and Unka Josh. We'll start by nailing down the final campaign parameters, then we'll move on to character creation, which will include some...
  16. B

[Recruitment][GURPS] Shadowrunners IN SPAAAAAACE!!!!

The Galaxy is a crazy place, and it's only getting crazier. Megacorps, weird alien empires, atavistic dragon despots, they're all out there, and they're all squabbling for power over planets and hyperspace lanes. Most people are terribly afraid of it all and prefer to either live their lives...
  17. B

[Re-recruitment] GURPS Dungeon Fantasy: In Search of the Unknown

Do you yearn for some good old dungeon-crawling that doesn't use the same old ruleset? If so, I got just the game for you! Delve into the long lost Caverns of Quasqueton! Brave their many dangers! Plunder their many riches! Discover the fate of their previous owners! We are looking for up...
  18. B

IC GURPS Dungeon Fantasy: In Search of the Unknown

Most people in the realm know Rogahn the Fearless and Zelligar the Unknown as famous war heroes for their crucial role in stopping an orcish invasion about fifty years ago. Professional adventurers like yourselves usually look up to them as examples - they're the ones who made your profession...
  19. B

OOC GURPS Dungeon Fantasy: In Search of the Unknown

This is the OOC thread for my Dungeon Fantasy game. The initial players are MarianLH, t@nya, Unka Josh, Otogi, OMG and Silent Wayfarer. The waiting list currently consists of alive and Jigoku Kensai. I'll strive to post every 1 or 2 days. Unless someone insists otherwise, I plan on rolling all...
  20. B

[Recruitment] GURPS Dungeon Fantasy

So, I've been working up the nerve to GM a GURPS Dungeon Fantasy campaign. GURPS Dungeon Fantasy is one of the big "worked campaign example" lines Steve Jackson Games began publishing in recent years. It's dedicated to paring down and modifying the big toolbox that is the full set of GURPS rules...
Top Bottom