• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. N

World War II in film

I'm planning on teaching a special topics course on World War II in a couple years, and I'd like to put together a substantial collection of movies that I can either use for clips, show in full to the class, or assign for the students to view outside class. I prefer narrative films over...
  2. N

[OD&D] An oddity about armor

Earlier today I was doing a little light prep for the OD&D mini-campaign my group has coming up. We are going to play with just the three original books and then a very tiny selections of house rules and rules from Supplement I: Greyhawk. Somehow in the midst of this I had cause to look up...
  3. N

Adventures in Renora - A C&C mini-campaign

A couple days ago I was digging through my computer files and I found these notes on a little mini-campaign (three adventures) that I ran for some buddies a couple years ago. I thought I would post them in case anyone is looking for a mini-campaign idea that won’t require too much work. It was...
  4. N

[Hero Lab] I can't remember how I did this...

So I recently got Hero Lab, and for my licensed game I chose the Authoring Kit... so that my licensed game could actually be more than one game. I am using it for 4e D&D, if that matters for my question. I would like the PDFs of the characters to have up to ten lines of text for each feat/...
  5. N

[C&C] Rappan Athuk Conversion

So, I'm thinking about picking up Rappan Athuk. I want to run it with Castles & Crusades. What I'm wondering is whether it would be easier to convert the Pathfinder version or the Swords & Wizardry version. My instinct says Swords & Wizardry, but I'm not sufficiently familiar with it to be...
  6. N

[Dragonlance] The Classics Series - A little help needed

I've got the three Dragonlance Classics modules, which reprinted the bulk of the original DL series. I'm trying to figure out whether or not I have all the maps I should. There is one map in each that I have. The first has Xak Tsaroth and a few other locations on it. The map with the second...
  7. N

The D&D Boardgames - opinions?

I'm about to make some gaming purchases, and I'm considering the D&D board games (Castle Ravenloft, Wrath of Ashardalon, Conquest of Nerath, and the upcoming Legend of Drizzt). Any opinions on them? Does it help to have played 4th edition, or is that irrelevant? Do they come with a good...
  8. N

[Dungeon Tiles] How does everyone feel about the 3D tiles?

Harrowing Halls was the first Dungeon Tiles set I completely skipped. I bought two sets of Desert of Athas, and find myself fairly unimpressed by the 3D tile concept so far. Having said that, I haven't actually built the things yet, and won't even get the chance to play with them for another...
  9. N

[BECMI/RC] The Worst of the Gazetteers

I'm doing some serious trimming in my RPG collection this year for various reasons (space, time, etc.). Among the things I'm considering for removal are the D&D Gazetteers; not all of them, just a few. But I'm not sure which ones I should take out of the collection. I don't have the Atruaghin...
  10. N

[4e] Arcane Archer?

One of my players has asked whether a character resembling 3e's Arcane Archer prestige class could be created with 4e. I told him there was probably some combination class/ multiclass feat/ feat/ paragon path that would resemble it, but I wasn't sure. So, is there a way to create an arcane...
  11. N

Asking Someone To Leave

My current group is composed of five individuals. We play at my place, where the vast majority of the gaming stuff is. One other player takes turns GMing with me (from here on out, "H"); he was originally invited by my best friend ("A"). Another player ("K") is a friend of my fiancee ("S")...
  12. N

[4e] A Question About Opportunity Attacks

I just took Agile Recovery as a 2nd level utility power (Skill Power, from PHB 3). It allows the PC to stand up from prone as a minor action. If an enemy is adjacent to my character, does the PC provoke an opportunity attack when standing up from prone using this ability? Do minor actions...
  13. N

[4E] Rescue at Rivenroar question

We are about to sit down to play Rescue at Rivenroar, and my DM has claimed that the location of the dungeon for that adventure doesn't have a specific location on the Elsir Vale map; as a result, he has to "wing it." Is this true? It seems odd. If there is a page I could point him to that...
  14. N

[3E] Eberron and Firearms

Last Friday I had a meet & greet with some new players - three of us from a previously established group adding three new people. All three had some past D&D experience. During our chat, one of them said that he didn't like Eberron because it involved too many guns and he didn't like that in...
  15. N

Alternatives to minis for my D&D games

I know this type of thing comes up from time to time, so sorry about the repetition. I'm looking for some alternatives to minis. I really like the counters used in the D&D starter set for 4e... in fact, I'm not sure why WOTC doesn't produce more of those. I would think it'd be really cheap...
  16. N

[d20 Modern/ D&D 3.5]Expedition to Castle Ravenloft and d20 Modern

In a few weeks I'm supposed to run Expedition to Castle Ravenloft for my gaming group, and I'd like to use d20 Modern for it. I'm already suspecting that damage reduction is going to be a problem, and I think d20 Modern characters will have to be a little bit higher level to deal with...
  17. N

New Dungeon Tiles

Today at Border's I was browsing through the D&D selection and found a 6th set of Dungeon Tiles (Dire Tombs). I had no idea this was coming out, as I hadn't seen anything about it on the WOTC website. In fact, when I went to the products listing, the next set is titled "Mysterious Lairs" and...
  18. N

[Goodman Games] Guide to the Known Realms

At the LGS today I saw a box set from Goodman Games titled "Guide to the Known Realms." It seems to be part of their Dungeon Crawl Classics series. Does anyone have this product? Any opinions? Is it worth the price [$69.95]? Is it just as compatible with Castes & Crusades as their other...
Top Bottom