• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. V

Where can I find a box?

I've got a board game named Welcome To... that has a bunch of extras and takes up more space than the box it came in. Anybody know of someone who sells cardboard boxes like the ones games are sold in (aka not shipping boxes)? I'm looking to buy a bigger box to store all the stuff in. I was...
  2. V

Where would you drop Ptolus in Eberron?

Eberron is probably my favorite overall setting in D&D, and I've never gotten a chance to play Ptolus. I've been thinking about combing the two, and I'm not sure where I'd place Ptolus in Eberron, and what impact that would have on the politics of the region it's in. No matter where it's...
  3. V

The Most Hyped Movies Ever?

Avengers Endgame is coming out in a few weeks and it seems like hype and anticipation for it has reached levels I've rarely seen in movies before. Interestingly, the hype in most movies is from marketing, but a big part of the hype for Endgame is from the end of Infinity War and the fact that...
  4. V

"Diners", "Drive-Ins", and "Dives"

3D (aka "Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives") is a show I watch from time to time. What I notice most about the restaurants featured on the shows is how they are most often NOT "Diners", "Drive-Ins", or "Dives". Usually they're just casual restaurants (often relatively upscale ones at that). For...
  5. V

Warning Points?

I've notice lately the Mods have been adding a number of "Warning Points" in the Infraction forum titles. Is there a page that details how points are imposed and what warnings/bannings/etc... give how many points? I ask because I don't believe I have any, and this part of the site's moderation...
  6. V

Looks like the "They Came From Beneath the Sea" Kickstarter is up.

I heard about this 2 years ago at the OnyxPath GenCon product panel I've mentioned it a few times here on the forums and have been intrigued by how it will come out. It's a bit complicated, but you're more or less playing in a bad 1950s science fiction movie. There's a lot of meta to it as...
  7. V

A question for those who saw the new Spider Man movie (kinda-sorta-maybe spoilery?)

I have not seen the film yet and won't for the next week or so, but a LOT of the trailer footage looks like it was yanked from Spider-Gwen covers. Lots of pinks, purples, and light blues. Lots of loud blaring color usually set on a black background. If you're not sure what I'm referring to...
  8. V

Own Blood Rage Retail version and want those sweet KS Exclusives?!

Now would be your chance. Blood Rage Digital is now on Kickstarter and one of the Pledge Tiers includes physical product. It has alternate sculpts of the 4 Kickstarter Exclusive monsters from the last campaign (Fenrir, Mountain Giant, Mystic Troll, Wolfman) that sell these days on Ebay for $80...
  9. V

Books that Read better than they Play?

In the [WIR] Earthdawn Core Rules thread I posted something I want to expand on. It seems like sometimes a supplement or core book will come out and when you read it is really evocative and has lots of great ideas, but when you actually try to apply some of those concepts to your campaign you...
  10. V

Getting Used to the New UI

This is an unofficial thread for posting questions about the new interface. I am not any more familiar with XenFora than most of you, but hopefully between us we can figure out what the situation is. The first things I've noticed. 1) It doesn't look like you can edit your own posts 2) There...
  11. V

Name that Song! (that's a theme in a documentary)

I'm not really deep into soccer/football, but I've been watching the documentary on Netflix Becoming Champions, which is about the 8(?) countries that have won the World Cup over its entire history. Does anybody know what the music is that runs during the intro credits? I'd post a video link...
  12. V

Board Game recommendation

I realized last night I have a hole in my collection. Namely board games that play in 45 - 60 minutes. I've got a number of games that play 90 - 180 minutes. I've got a ton of card games in this time range, but not a lot of board games. What I'm looking for 45 - 75 minute duration games...
  13. V

Where does the concept of a "Wizard's Tower" come from?

Pretty much what the title says. Where does this idea come from? We all know it. That solitary tower rising above the surrounding land (whether rural or urban), which no one enters except the wizard who calls it home. It's kind of weird, because in the middle ages, the archetypal Wizards...
  14. V

Poker Chips for not playing Poker

I've got quite a few board and card games right now, and some of those games have pretty crappy tokens, mostly for tracking money. The three games that immediately come to mind are Power Grid, Last Will and Food Chain Magnate. I've watched a couple youtube and twitch videos of people who use...
  15. V

[youtube] Moviebob: The Big Picture question

I've been binge watching the old "Big Picture" videos on youtube and I'm coming to the end of the ones that are available on the Escapist. I noticed something weird however. The videos cut from 2014-ish straight to 2018. There appears to be about 30 extra videos on the separate channel...
  16. V

Video Game Pinball: Zen Studios (aka Pinball FX3) acquires Williams Catalog

Zen Studios announced they have acquired the rights to make video game versions of classic Williams games and the first 4x tables to be made available will be Fish Tales, Junk Yard, Medieval Madness and The Getaway: High Speed II. This will be a first for Zen, as before they only made their own...
  17. V

board/card games that use a common "engine"

Generic mechanical engines are relatively common in RPGs (GURPS, FATE, etc...), but they are much less common in board games and card games. I'm not referring to individual mechanisms here. In these game most of the mechanisms of the are the same, just with a different theme. What are some...
  18. V

People with Super Powers, not Superheroes

What is some media that embraces the idea that people having super powers doesn't necessarily mean they put on tights and a cape and go fight crime (or put on a black cape and try to blow up Manhattan)? The obvious example is the tv show Heroes. Others include the comic Rising Stars by JMS...
  19. V

Comparing Ken Burns documentaries

I'm watching my way through The Vietnam War on Netflix and I realized that I don't like this documentary or The War (about WW2) nearly as much as many of the other documentaries from Ken Burns. I think I know the reason. Interviews with people still alive who were involved in the events being...
  20. V

The most asymmetric games?

In most games, players all have the same options. In some games players have special abilities unique to them to tweak some of the rules. This is an Asymmetric game. Some games take this even farther, to the point that the games each player is playing is very different. What games are the...
Top Bottom