• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. M

Convinicing my players that the Unnatural is sanity-blowing

They've seen heavily made-up actors. They haven't seen or experienced the stench of a decaying corpse, grave juices dribbling from their old (& new) orifices actually shambling towards them with the single purpose of really eating them alive. They've seen CGI creatures. They haven't seen...
  2. M

Settings with a similar "vibe" to WFRP, but not as grimdark?

You might want to take a look at The Midderlands, which is a wonderful & different OSR setting. Low Fantasy Gaming also has a, well, low fantasy setting available.
  3. M

Settings with a similar "vibe" to WFRP, but not as grimdark?

A great suggestion. The Warhammer Battle World, from around 6th Edition I think, is very different to the original WFRP 1st Edition. Much of the Battle fluff was incorporated into 2nd Edition (& possibly 3rd). It remains to be seen how much influence the old Battle stuff will have on 4th...
  4. M

[WFRP] Tell me something about the city of Praag!

If memory serves she is (was?) the Goddess of Discipline.
  5. M

Help me find my Fantasy Heartbreaker...

Symbaroum from Fria Ligan (English version through Modiphius) might be worth a look. Whilst there are other races, you can very easily have humans-only PCs. A lot of the monsters are different & the classes all have unique abilities available to each of them. And I've found the combat to be...
  6. M

[Supers] Seeking Superman-esque character name

Following on from that suggestion (& without any cultural misappropriation implied) Ganesh for a Hindu or Indian hero or Chaddanta for a Buddhist or South-East Asian hero.
  7. M

One space marine per planet?

I like this a lot. Very nice breakdown of the various adherences to the Codex.
  8. M

The Black Templars used to be much bigger, with several Crusades of over 1,000 Battle Brothers on the go scattered about the Galaxy. However, I believe that in current canon, those numbers have been reduced. The Space Wolves had a contretemps with the Inquisition & then Magnus & his Thousand...
  9. M

In 40k, it's possibly even less than one Marine per planet. Presuming the generally accepted ~1,000 Chapters with ~1,000 Battle Brothers per Chapter, you're looking at ~1,000,000 Space Marines in the Imperium. There are ~1,000,000 Planetary Governors, but many of these look after entire...
  10. M

Indeed. As I said: You're bang on with that description. Overlord certainly does have a sinister undertone, no matter the setting. Imperator would be similar I think, perhaps not 'brutal' but more calculating, a cold, distant, arrogant figure. The OP asked for names for a Superman-esque...
  11. M

I LOVED that line in what was a hot mess of a film. There was so much unspoken menace implied in the 'what ifs' it generated. Irredeemable was a great take on the dark Superman trope. As is Homelander from The Boys & several analogues in the old Marshall Law comics IIRC. And even Superman...
  12. M

It depends entirely on what type of world you're building/playing. If the world has a four-colour, two-fisted justice vibe, then yep - definitely villainous villains. If your world is more like The Authority or The (original) Watchmen or anything by Garth Ennis, then they are right in the...
  13. M

Some suggestions to add to the mix, inspired by ruling titles & similar: Imperator Seneschal The Steward Chancellor Justice Judge Judicator Justiciar Sovereign Overlord (if his political views veer towards the right) Kaiser (if of Germanic hero) Caliph (if of Middle Eastern origin) Mogul (if of...
  14. M

[Sci-Fi, Mostly] New Worlds to Steal?

The Third Horizon & its systems & planets from Fria Ligan's Coriolis RPG might be worth your time investigating. The Core Rulebook & Atlas Compendium have lots of interesting systems, planets & stations, all with a Middle-Eastern feel.
  15. M

What is the least playable RPG?

You beat me to it - range, bullet weight, grain, windage... It would be quicker going to sniper school & learning to actually shoot! 😁
  16. M

[Let's Read] Zweihander Grim & Perilous RPG Revised Core Rulebook

"Did the author and other contributors have such familiarity with WFRP that they were unable to write from the perspective of a WFRP noob?" You may have hit the nail on the head there. Zweihänder started life several years ago as a rules revision/revamp of 2nd Edition WFRP with some 1st...
  17. M

Yeah again, if memory serves, your Attribute Bonus can increase through XP expenditure from your Careers, etc, but your actual Attributes remain as is after Character generation (they may be affected by injuries, curses, etc but it's rare that they increase after initial Character generation).
  18. M

[Sell Me On/Off] Spacemaster vs. Star Frontiers

I was a huge fan of the Spacemaster system & still have all three editions sitting on my shelf. Rupert has done an excellent breakdown of the system above. To add, I recently played a short Star Wars game using a mix of 2nd Edition & Privateers rules & despite my love for SM, the system hasn't...
  19. M

Enjoying this thread Broda, thanks for your efforts. Your Attribute Bonus is tied to your current Attribute if memory serves, so your 55 score in Brawn gives you a 5 Attribute Bonus. And then across the board for your other Attributes as well.
  20. M

[Star Wars] Adventures on Hoth

- There are rumours of a well-hidden Talz mercenary base not too far away. Scans don't show anything, but can the characters find & then pay or sway them to join the cause? - Ice worms. Like sand worms from Dune. Yes it's not canon. Giant worms are cool though. - Scans show the presence of a...
Top Bottom