• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. EvilSchemer

Joke about the Prisoner that was totally wasted

I'm a 49-year old cis white male nerd in our marketing dept composed of middle-aged "yoga vegan gluten-free" women, young hipster women, young hipster dudes, and a gay male karaoke fanatic - none of whom are especially nerdy or geeky. Except for the older middle-aged cis white male who will...
  2. EvilSchemer

(Gaming History) When did it become socially acceptable to nix a proposed character/action

Back in high school (same GM as above), Ryder would often say "the moon falls from the sky and crushes you" if he didn't like what you were doing. He was joking. He never ACTUALLY crushed a character. But there were times when we were pushing his limits and he would warn us, "The moon looks...
  3. EvilSchemer

(Gaming History) When did it become socially acceptable to nix a proposed character/action

I try to warm players of the in-game consequences of their actions if there are huge consequences - sort of a "are you really sure you want to do that?" and give them a chance to change their minds. But I typically don't ever say "No, you don't do that." outright.
  4. EvilSchemer

Knowing him in high school, I couldn't imagine a greater disparity between the person I knew in high school and the job they are currently doing. When we reconnected on Facebook a few years back, I about fell out of my chair (he was assistant District Attorney then).
  5. EvilSchemer

Here's a relevant story that actually happened - word for word. Its 1988, my gaming friends and I were at high school, sitting at a table making Marvel Super Heroes characters. Ryder (Gamemaster): "Okay, I'd like you all to make heroes. Actual heroic good guys." Us: "Got it" Us: (scribble...
  6. EvilSchemer

The Far Side is returning!

My two favorites. Also perhaps some of his darkest.
  7. EvilSchemer

Dungeons and Dragons: Ghosts of Saltmarsh

Ghosts of Saltmarsh, Chapter 10 The Mysterious Laboratory The A-Team brave arcane traps in order to reach the heart of the Mysterious Tower! Special audio recording of the reading of the wizard's journal by Marlin's player...
  8. EvilSchemer

Is there a Greyhawk equivalent to Residuum (Mana/Lacrima)?

Is there an already established Greyhawk equivalent for concentrated magic given solid form ala Residuum, Mana, or Lacrima?
  9. EvilSchemer

Is it just me, or did 5e somehow make furries popular?

I imagine its kind of like asking, "Don't all 'bronies' fantasize/fetishize MLP?" I would suspect the answer is no. But maybe the distinction is a (ahem) fuzzy one.
  10. EvilSchemer

I'm not a furry but I've always separated general furry design and fandom from the subset that is sexualized or fetishized. Zootopia has a very "furry" design aesthetic without being sexualized. But maybe there's a distinction between "anthropomorphic" and "furry". Like I said, I have no idea.
  11. EvilSchemer

Science Fantasy Setting for D&D 5e

Since we're bringing up things I wrote (blush), might I also suggest Exiled in Eris which is the same basic setting (slightly modified) but with a different system.
  12. EvilSchemer

I don’t know anything about it but I saw a bunch at Portland game stores a few years back. https://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Kevin_and_Kell_Role-Playing_Game
  13. EvilSchemer

There were anthropomorphic games before there was 5e. Albedo, Big Ears Small Mouse for BESM, Mouse Guard, Furry Pirates, TMNT, Usagi Yojimbo, Kevin and Kell, etc. etc. I think what you are seeing is an application of the furry aesthetic to the very popular 5e rules. In older times, they'd have...
  14. EvilSchemer

Chapter 9 The Mysterious Fields of Force The A-Team continues their exploration of the Mysterious Tower in the Hool Marsh. Otyughs, Owlbears, Acid Traps, and more! https://geekrampage.blogspot.com/2019/09/the-mysterious-fields-of-force-ghosts.html
  15. EvilSchemer

I own a copy of the Masters of the Universe RPG. We even played it once. Some of the character cards list spells they can cast, but there are no rules for magic anywhere in the rulebook. :-)
  16. EvilSchemer

I am suddenly made aware of Rocket Age for 5e which is more pulp sci fi, but getting closer!
  17. EvilSchemer

I'm not aware of any. There's Hyperlanes and Esper Genesis which are more straight science fiction. Monte Cook Games is working on a 5E conversion/sourcebook based on Numenera called Arcana of the Ancients.
  18. EvilSchemer

The “multiple checks” problem

In our group, we encountered what we would call a "dice orgy". DM (to a single player): "Make an Perception/Knowledge/Investigation/Strength/whatever Check" All players roll a die and rush to announce their result. DM holds face in palm. I have mitigated this by- a) Telling everyone to put...
  19. EvilSchemer

Chapter 8 The Mysterious Tower https://geekrampage.blogspot.com/2019/08/the-mysterious-tower-ghosts-of.html The A-Team explores a mysterious ruined tower in the middle of the Hool Marshes.
  20. EvilSchemer

Could you message me a link to your blog?
Top Bottom