• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. David Laurence

Recommend me a WWI/WWII naval wargame

Basically I want an excuse to buy, paint up and play with a number of 1:2400 ship models - I've been drooling over GHQ's line for years now and am looking for a little push. Any level of complexity is OK! I'm partial to KISS rulesets these days, but I also have fond memories of Avalon Hill...
  2. David Laurence

6mm Napoleonics!

So a buddy and I had one of those circling "I'll buy some if you will" conversations about getting started in Napoleonics a while back. He'd mentioned that he'd been heavily into Napoleonics back in New Zealand, I sent him a link to Baccus' range of models, and like a week later we decided to...
  3. David Laurence

[Epic] Finally! My Guard are fully painted!

Pics or it didn't happen, right? Today's nice and sunny, with good ambient light, plus my wife is out of town for the weekend, allowing me to geek out on the living room table. So! The whole shebang: It breaks down to: A (Mechanized) Company, with the Supreme Commander: Supported by some...
  4. David Laurence

[Haruhi Suzumiya, novels, spoilers] Thinkin' about volume 8

So I've been bit by the Suzumiya bug, yay! And as I'm working my way through Tameiki (book 2) in Japanese, I'm up through the fan-translation of Fungai (book 8) in English, and being poor at thinking about things like this, thought I'd work through my thoughts of the Most Interesting Thing in...
  5. David Laurence

[Dorf Fortress] Starving soldiers

I'm not sure if this is a bug or typical dwarf stupidity or what, but it's happened a couple times so I thought I'd see if it happened to anyone else and if there was anything to be done about it: My soldiers occasionally seem to get "stuck", sitting in the barracks doing nothing until they...
  6. David Laurence

[IC] Exalted: Chiaroscuro

This being the South, a sandstorm is, in and of itself, nothing to be alarmed about. Commonplace, even. Finding oneself cut off from one’s group in a sandstorm is not altogether unusual – but finding that all four leaders of said group are cut off together begins to raise warning bells...
  7. David Laurence

[OC] Exalted: Chiaroscuro

A boring title, but since we don't quite know where we're going yet I'll leave it at that. Hopefully the IC thread can be more poetical. Thoughts on Chiaroscuro: I'm not sure how much of this is bleed-through from the scads of 1e background I read way back when, how much is from the 2e core...
  8. David Laurence

[AT-43] Things may be looking up!

This has been going around the interwebs, but I didn't see a thread here, so here's one. Looks like the shakeup at Rackham may actually be producing results. They're coming out with extremely affordable army boxes for Cogs and Red Blok (released in June, knock on wood), which are hugely cheap...
  9. David Laurence

Zatoichi reimagined...

...as a woman. Discuss. (Personally, I'm going to go see it, but I don't have high hopes. The pop-music-backed version of the trailer manages to make it look like utter schlock. But the wife wants to see it, and who am I to deny her?)
  10. David Laurence

[Avatar] A strange feeling...

So right now I'm having my first opportunity to see Avatar dubbed into Japanese... (They're up to City of Walls and Secrets, apparently.) It's a weird experience. Sokka's much better in English - his voice actor seems to be very much going for the wacky sidekick vibe, despite being well into...
  11. David Laurence

[WoW, BSC] A "Help with group quests" thread

So Changalka's (70 Rogue) quest log is getting pretty clogged up with group quests, and I thought some other folks might be in similar situations. Thus, a "let's organize some grouping!" thread. Here's what I need, anyway. Nagrand: All the elite Nesingwary quests, Cho'War the Pillager and Gurok...
  12. David Laurence

[Epic] Some 1:300 Lurve (Image heavy)

So I've been repainting and rebasing my Epic collection, which was showing the effects of having been collected over the course of (holy crap!) 20 years this year, and thought I'd show off and possibly start a 6mm love-fest in OGO. First off was my Guard, which had simply had their bases...
  13. David Laurence

[Dwarf Fortress] I chose my starting area too well...

I'm too successful! I forget what year I started in, but I've been going long enough to have a number of children grow up into peasants, so... 14 or 15 years? I have more food and booze than I know what to do with, the trees grow back as fast as I need to cut them down, there're no animals more...
  14. David Laurence

[Confrontation: AoR] Anyone played it yet?

Just off the bat, I'm specifically asking about rules here, and would just as soon not see any discussion that may get started sidetracked by pre-paint or Rackham-betrayal arguments, which never ever ever go anywhere. So has anyone played any substantive games with the AoR rules yet? I know...
  15. David Laurence

[Exalted via PTA] Mortal Things: Onscreen

Episode 1, Scene 1 The scene: The Bogs, at night. A forest of chimneys of yellow First-Age stone jut anywhere from three to twenty feet out of the water at the conflux of the Meander and Maruto rivers, where they join to form the mighty Yellow. Around these a multitude of boats are tethered...
  16. David Laurence

[Exalted via PTA] Mortal Things: Backstage

This is the “Backstage” thread for the Primetime Adventures / Exalted game “Mortal Things”. IC thread is here Recruitment thread is here Wiki page (with characters, sets and notes for each episode) is here. Dog-Eared Designs download page (of particular interest is the Episode Sheet, with the...
  17. David Laurence

[Recruiting] Exalted via Primetime Adventures

So a while ago (I don’t remember exactly how long ago – a year? More?) I tried starting up an Exalted via Primetime Adventures game here and, well, I let it die. If you’re one of the people who were playing in it, I apologize, and plead a combination of graduate school and ending up with a...
  18. David Laurence

Help me with this vaguely-remembered cartoon!

I don't even have a clear memory of when, exactly, I watched it. I think I saw it (in English, probably) on an all-anime channel while I was in Japan, which would place it anywhere between 1996 and 2005 or so. Anyway: For some reason, I think it was either French or French-Canadian. Premise...
  19. David Laurence

[WoW] What's in store?

So Flandapped (the Armory is a bit lagged - he's up to 62) is happily drain-tanking his way through Hellfire and Silithus, without much in the way of trouble, especially with the power boost at 62 from Fel Armor and max Blood Pact on the Imp. This post is to ask: What can I expect on the road...
  20. David Laurence

[Epic] Bit by the bug again...

A friend of mine recently said, "Sure! Demo me a game of Epic: Armageddon!" So I did. And now, after only two or three games after a long time without playing, the game (my first and greatest love, minis-gaming-wise, ever since Adeptus Titanicus) has got its claws in me again. Man, it's...
Top Bottom