• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. JJ Hall

[WIR] X-Men II: Focussed Totality Is A Song Within Her When Ah'm Blastin'!

Taking a short break, probably just a week. In the meantime, here's Butch Guice on the creative process for our next comic: Just amazing. I mean, getting invited to launch a major, high-profile new series spinning off the best-selling title in comics at the time, then being told to make an...
  2. JJ Hall

Well, Stan Lee, a hype man's hype man, was the loudest single creative voice in the world's formative years . . . November 5, 1985 At the movies: On the radio: Nightcrawler 4 of 4 Kurt gets tired of hearing Shagreen describe the heroes' upcoming deaths and asks how the hell he survived...
  3. JJ Hall

November 5, 1985 At the movies: On the radio: Uncanny X-Men 202 Rachel has decided to act on her seething, obsessive hatred for the Beyonder and goes on an all-out attack against him: I'm not feeling this design for Rachel, honestly. Adams's version looks great, but this does not...
  4. JJ Hall

[MCU] Rumor Thread: It was the dawning of the 4th Phase [Contains Endgame Spoilers]

That's basically 60s Magneto, a Hitler-type authoritarian: Thing is, more modern Magnetos are, well, better than Silver Age Magneto. I don't even dislike the character like many others do -- Hitler makes for a decent bad guy, as popular fiction in the West since the 30s has demonstrated many...
  5. JJ Hall

[MCU] Rumor Thread: It was the dawning of the 4th Phase [Contains Endgame Spoilers]

1. This is a lot of hullabaloo over a rumour originating in a poorly-sourced piece of clickbait. 2. It's a topic that comes up every so often, so I guess now is as good a time as any for people to wrangle with the question. Y'know, until the next time. For whatever it's worth (probably...
  6. JJ Hall

I feel much the same way about all the tidbits shared by you and others about old memories of reading these way back when and of interesting or goofy directions the material went in/came from in other comics. Yeah -- the Rita thing stops short of a full revelation, but the future uses of these...
  7. JJ Hall

October 29, 1985 At the movies: On the radio: Longshot 6 of 6 Mojo and Spiral return Rita to her house, her mind emptied of all thoughts. She never broke before her mind was ravaged senseless, though, so the pair of villains have no information on Longshot from her. Bereft of any...
  8. JJ Hall

October 29, 1985 At the movies: On the radio: Power Pack 19 We open on Erg looming over Katie in an alley commanding her to "look into my electric eye -- and feel its power . . ." as he charges up an energy blast, but it's a fake out. On the following page we see they're just playing a...
  9. JJ Hall

Oooohhhh. That makes more sense. October 22, 1985 At the movies: On the radio: New Mutants 36 Magneto guides Roberto through a solo session in the Danger Room, testing the limits of his strength. With a bit of goading he's able to coax the teen into lifting his highest ever recorded...
  10. JJ Hall

Well before -- that won't come out 'til 1989.
  11. JJ Hall

Meanwhile in Secret Wars II . . . In the sixth issue of Secret Wars II, the Beyonder briefly destroys the concept of Death, but thinks better of it and brings it back. More than a little freaked out by this, the various cosmic entities of the Marvel Universe spend issue #7 conspiring with...
  12. JJ Hall

Rpgnet's favorite silent movie. (Nomination thread)

The Thief of Baghdad.
  13. JJ Hall

Oops. Fixed, thanks. It's pretty great, yes. October 15, 1985 At the movies: On the radio: Fantastic Four 286 The Four approach Earth, glad to be back after a number of detours kept delaying them out in space. They can't land at the Baxter Building, it having been blown up a while...
  14. JJ Hall

October 8, 1985 At the movies: On the radio: Nightcrawler 3 of 4 Kurt is confused by the "Cabbage Patch Nightcrawler" until it explains it's called a Bamf, jogging his memory: He asks the Bamf why it's calling him Daddy, clearly annoyed, but his reasoning -- "You look like me and...
  15. JJ Hall

David is not mentioned, no. You'd think he would be; Claremont goes out of his way to make it 100% clear it's not Charles's choice to leave Earth permanently, so readers don't have a reason to hate him for abandoning the kid. Not until he laments never seeing the X-Men or New Mutants again...
  16. JJ Hall

Yes, right! I saw that on Monday but forgot. New Mutants Vol 1 is up in its entirety now; X-Factor still has large gaps, but at least now more than half of the Simonson run is up. We'll see how it goes, but from what I've heard about Madelyne's Inferno story, it's certainly got an uphill...
  17. JJ Hall

October 8, 1985 At the movies: On the radio: Uncanny X-Men 201 The X-Men come home from Paris with Magneto, but without Charles. The plan had been for him to get zapped back as soon as Sikorski finished fixing him up, but they had to flee under a hail of high-tech weaponry while he was...
  18. JJ Hall

October 1, 1985 At the movies: On the radio: Longshot 5 of 6 Longshot tries to talk the huge monster that now calls himself Gog & Magog down. He asks if he, Longshot, is from Earth, and the beast contemptuously tells him he knows he isn't and that this isn't ending without one of their...
  19. JJ Hall

September 24, 1985 At the movies: On the radio: New Mutants 35 The students are gathered in the professor's office and told that Xavier isn't coming back by their new teacher: If Sienkiewicz can't come back as penciller, I'm glad he at least does inks for a few issues (this one and...
  20. JJ Hall

[Video Review and Essays] Web Reviews VII: The Youtube Awakens

Uncertain if this is the right thread for it (it's certainly no "review") but a YouTube series reporting on the events of the Second World War week by week just hit its first anniversary: It's hosted by Indy Neidell, who went through WWI the same way during that war's centenary, and both...
Top Bottom