• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. S

[Four Against Darkness] Treasure Hunters of Charlemagne

The good news is that the weather turns brighter and the travel is mostly pleasant. The bickering among the party members dissipates for the nonce. Still, there are no momentous discoveries. The group finally stops to consider their next option as they approach another town in the region...
  2. S

A reminder that I need to know your party's current loadout, as far as what weapons and shields are being wielded. EDIT: I forgot to mention that there's a new weapon available to you: the throwing axe. It costs 8 gp. You can throw it once and then recover it at the end of the fight. It's...
  3. S

ALAMANNIA The party sets out through the thick forest of Gaul, heading south toward Alamannia. The weather is unnaturally harsh for this time of year and the roads turn to mud. Idir wonders aloud if they might be better off finding a boat to travel by river, but Theuderic dismisses the idea...
  4. S

A couple of rules to point out as we begin. Let's use Orokos for all rolls. Whenever you post your intention to move from one province to another, please post the current weapons/shields wielded by each PC. DM to post all rolls involving tables in the game. Player to post all Attack and...
  5. S

The year is 790 AD. The Roman Empire is a distant memory. Europe is gripped by the endless warfare of the Dark Ages. In these desperate times, King Charles of the Franks, aka Charlemagne, seeks supernatural artifacts like the fabled Spear of Destiny to help him unite the lands and end the...
  6. S

[OSR + RPG Solo] Solo play, The Curse of the Emerald Elixir

Well, I appreciate it. It might be overkill if it were just you reading it but it is very entertaining for the audience.
  7. S

[Four Against Darkness] Solo Dungeoneering

Some of the spells seem a bit overpowered. If you land Sleep on a Boss, it's dead in one shot. If you're a level 2 Wizard, you add +2 to your roll. Which gives you a 50% chance of taking out a level 6 Boss (and the odds obviously get better the weaker the Boss is). It also literally obviates...
  8. S

So, some final thoughts. This is a really fun game. I could even see it as a bolt-on, quick resolution system for combat in an otherwise standard PbP game. It doesn't give the players much at all in the way of options so it would be more for players who want to resolve combat quickly and get...
  9. S

It's my interpretation of the rules that: A. explosive dice are only for the player and not the monsters. A Defense roll of 6 is always a successful defense, and a 1 is not a crit. Also, monsters only do more than 1 LP of damage if it's in their description. B. you get to decide who gets...
  10. S

[OSR & Etc] General Discussion Thread

What's 5EC? The good news is that you're right, Five Torches Deep is cool!
  11. S

The final confrontation! Sorry to not have posted for a while. School started and I coach two of my kids' sports teams so my lunches have been consumed with creating soccer drills and flag football plays. Now it's time to return to the generic dungeon and finish what my little team of...
  12. S

[OSR & Etc] General Discussion Thread

Looking forward to seeing more. I was pleasantly surprised with FTP and looking forward to seeing what you guys put out next.
  13. S

Coming Soon From Sine Nomine Press: Wolves of God Kickstarter Coming in October

It makes me so happy whenever Kevin publishes something new. October can't come fast enough!
  14. S

What are your thoughts on Naomi Novik and the Temeraire series?

I would recommend you read the Temeraire series. Worst thing that happens, you enjoy the first couple books and then lose interest in the middle of the series like many others on this thread. You still get to enjoy the first ones! Much like my experience with the Wheel of Time series.
  15. S

Some progress today, although we also run into more issues with the map shrinking and being forced into encounters with wandering monsters. Room 22 is an actual room. 2d6=5. My randomizer loves 3s and 2s apparently. This is Empty with Special Feature. d6=1, Fountain. Everyone gains 1 LP...
  16. S

I may have to fudge a couple of rolls to show folks what can pop up on the other tables. We haven't seen any Bosses (the Dragon was a Boss but we didn't get him from rolling on that table), Weird Monsters, Quests, or Epic Rewards rolls.
  17. S

Most Important Thing in a Dark Sun Adventure

I played in a d20-esque game where every time you cast a spell, you had to decide who was going to take the hit. Every single spell, whether it was damaging an enemy or buffing another PC. Whoever took the hit had to make a save. Fail the save and you took damage. The more you missed the...
  18. S

The grind of the crawl starts to grind down our intrepid heroes and heroines... Room 19, tight corridor, roll is minions, specifically three level 3 zombies. They fight to the death and arrows are -1 to dmg them. I know this sounds convenient but before I started this round, I re-read the...
  19. S

[OSR + RPG Solo] Solo play, The Curse of the Emerald Elixir

I'm loving your creativity with the "Yes +" and "No +" results.
  20. S

The quest continues... Room 16 - Actually a corridor. 2d6=5, which means Empty but roll on Special Features table! Excited. d6=6. Puzzle Room! Very excited. d6=5 Level 5 puzzle. Less excited. The wizard and rogue get to add their level to their attempt to solve the puzzle. Wizard goes...
Top Bottom