• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. iago

New Marvel RPG? [Speculation]

I'd posit it's less about reach, and more about the angle of the incline. The on-ramp is steeper there, but the efficiency of the visual language once learned produces fast parsing (as evidenced by angille's anecdotes). But if you don't make it all the way up that incline in the first place —...
  2. iago

Most genres have a problem with there being many different ways to do things. I wouldn't say there is (nor can there be) a definitive single science fiction RPG either (some will say "Star Wars!" and then I'll ask "Which one?" and the ensuing argument will illustrate my point that it's a problem...
  3. iago

That seems priced a little high.
  4. iago

Responding to player cheating

Accountants are definitely capable of making arithmetic errors. If you add in a paycheck for them, then it's their job, and they are probably more prone to doublecheck. But who wants to do their job during their off hours?
  5. iago

Especially if he keeps facing no consequences for it. Being the bringer of consequences sucks (ask any parent), but the behavior doesn't change without people bringing them on the regular.
  6. iago

Setting vs. game mechanics.

I'm in the false dichotomy crowd. Setting and system for me are strongly interlinked; take Generic Setting X and pair it with D&D vs. Savage Worlds vs. Fate vs. GURPS vs. Rolemaster and you'll get five very different takes on and experiences of X. You're pretty much always dealing with the...
  7. iago

Does this guy have memory problems or other issues that might contribute to this? I mean, so far the descriptions given seem to leave it at an easy diagnosis of cheating, but there could be other factors at play. Not that you're obligated to address them — health of the game and your playgroup...
  8. iago

Fate Accessibility Toolkit now available in prototype form PDF from DFRPG and Itch.io

It’s a design goal for the entire Fate line really, not just the toolkits. Like with our Worlds line, which ostensibly are micro settings and adventures, we asked that they all also include some stealable rules widget that could be ported to other applications.
  9. iago

Honestly it’s not a problem to want to play the IP characters. Sometimes you want to be spider-man! The problem is when the game ONLY ALLOWS playing the IP characters, no original creations, no coloring outside the lines. From a product perspective, allowing both should limit the game’s...
  10. iago

Fate Accessibility Toolkit now available in prototype form PDF from DFRPG and Itch.io

Along with funding artwork, we're looking at using some of the sales revenue (assuming we hit approximately-Platinum, which we'll have to get close to anyway to do the full art fund) to pay someone to do some epub/mobi conversion work for us. I just want the book to be finished-finished before...
  11. iago

Yup, or make it a "Marvel Multiverse RPG" explicitly — something that opens up their willingness for people to color outside the lines.
  12. iago

Yep, I hear you there. Marvel as a licensor appears to have a fairly short attention span (could be due to a lot of turnover on their side, who knows), and likely wants to see big-dollar results in a short time period that are hard to achieve with a small-dollar market like RPGs. That said I'm...
  13. iago

Not Here to Play Games: Struggling with Enjoying the "Game" Part of TTRPGs

So, you've got a weird mix of preferences emerging from your commentary. There are other threads through your commentary, but these emerge as fairly strong in my read. You want procedural exploration, but reject things which are "too procedural". You want character-driven, but you don't want...
  14. iago

It's nearly-identical if not identical. Yup. The preview that was given to folks on the Kickstarter was just that, a preview, and didn't do anything towards the art-goals of the Fate Space Toolkit. Folks who've bought the prototype edition are contributing towards the art-goals of FSpT, so...
  15. iago

That is QUITE a while back! As I recall, Bruce made a few initial strides there before very-understandably feeling like the project was more than he could take on, so we agreed to set it aside. The SOTC era of Fate is fairly far behind us now at any rate.
  16. iago

Exactly right, and a big part of what was referred to by that phrase.
  17. iago

We've gotten 17 sales on itch — which is a lot for one of our titles over there — which is equal in revenue to about 23 or 24 DriveThruRPG sales. It'll help, but it's a small percentage of the overall picture.
  18. iago

We're at around 480 sales out of an art-funding goal of about 900 (DriveThru sales-wise; haven't checked itch.io, which gets us more of a percentage per sale but doesn't have the convenience of all-my-stuff-in-one-place that DTRPG has built over the years). Keep 'em coming, and thank you!
  19. iago

If you're waiting on a paycheck to be able to get this, and you'd rather not wait, drop me a line at evilhat@gmail.com referencing this and I can send a link to you. You can "retroactively" buy it when you're paid.
  20. iago

Yeah, throughout the authors make efforts to remind the reader to treat them and those like them as whole people rather than gimmicks or tropes. I wouldn’t cite specific passages so much as say that it’s the overall stance of the book.
Top Bottom