• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Ralls

[Sell me on] .hack

I've got an old PS2 kicking around, and I've always been curious about the .hack series. I've got a soft spot for those retro cult-classics that were well-received but never quite got the following to stay alive after switching to the next generations of consoles. After finishing some Armored...
  2. Ralls

[Elite Dangerous] Transmissions From A New Commander

In light of the new carriers coming in December, I have been preparing to afford one. I just made my first billion painite mining in the belts. I refit my anti-thargoid cutter to do some bulk mining. I don't think its as lucrative as void opal blasting per-ton, but it is much easier to find...
  3. Ralls

And here I was thinking my anti-thargoid cutter was going to be a pain to A-rate. Hrm. I think I"ll do some thargoind hunting for a bit, then maybe trading to see the costs. I do think it quite romantic to build your own large cruiser as an exploring vessel to go out and see the stars.
  4. Ralls

Oh Shit Son - Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

The flight mechanics feel like a cross between X-wing and Freelancer. However, Rebel Galaxy is probably the most accessible space game I've played. It includes a "fast travel" autopilot to cut the time out of the warping from place to place. There is also an autopilot feature that is helps when...
  5. Ralls

40k Dumb Questions on the Primarchs

The Emperor's parenting skills are only rivaled by Goku's.
  6. Ralls

The Durston is costly to fit out, but once you do its really nice. Its got enough guns and enough cargo to do anything. I think its my favorite of the ships.
  7. Ralls

I've already sunk in way too much time. It's a real love letter to the old arcade space titles. Some of the cargo freighters remind me of ships from the old X-wing and Tie-fighter games. I've got the coyote. I did a quick spraypaint orange with some red at the front in a cool fire-like...
  8. Ralls

Make a 'Mon Out of You [Pokemon/Mulan mashup video]

Tons of other subtle references that get better with more knowledge of Pokemon. For example, the move Double Team raises evasion; while Swift has a 100% hit rate regardless of the enemy's evasion. Also, HM04 is the move "strength" So the trainer is really calling our digimon hero weak.
  9. Ralls

The Wandering Earth (2019 Chinese film)

I watched it. I enjoyed it the same way I did The Core or Armageddon. Its about on par with those two, for better or worse.
  10. Ralls

Make a 'Mon Out of You [Pokemon/Mulan mashup video]

Thanks for sharing. I'm a sucker for these mashup sort of things.
  11. Ralls

The XKCD Unpopular Positive Opinion Challenge

THE masterpiece that starts at 11 and then cranks it to 12 for the finale? 50%? What!? They can't write Redline off like that! Those critics are just a voice pal, they don't know a damn thing about racing! Put me down for Redline too, Equilibrium, and also Atlantis. Its 51% critic score, but...
  12. Ralls

The XKCD Unpopular Positive Opinion Challenge

Speed Racer (2008). Hoodwinked (2005). I attribute their low critic score due to the pervasive darker tone (a la the Dark Night) and pervasive cynicalness (like Shrek) at the time. They are good movies. They just didn't match the popular tone of the decade it seems.
  13. Ralls

Online Elite Dangerous community brings joy to a young teen’s last days

As the elite community puts it: o7 commander, fly safe.
  14. Ralls

Criticism that misses the point

I remember reading a few reviews for the Wachowski's 2008 Speed Racer that went something like this: The aesthetic is too garish, cartoony, and the tone is too sincere and saccharine. It's like the movie is an adaptation of the Speed Racer cartoon or something.
  15. Ralls

( official ) Game of Thrones S8x6 “The Iron Throne”

I, for one, welcome our could-be-present-right-now overlords.
  16. Ralls

Pixar's Onward

I really expected Jack Black's voice. It looks fun.
  17. Ralls

New Aladdin Trailer- Better!

He was a rapper at one point.
  18. Ralls

( official ) Game of Thrones S8x6 “The Iron Throne”

I've talked to plenty of folk that don't like what happened at the end. Still, generally I think the GOT ending has been better received then Lost's or BSG's.
  19. Ralls

New Aladdin Trailer- Better!

I think its in that middle ground. They made some changes to accommodate Will Smith's more playful and less bombastic energy than Robin Williams, but they didn't go far enough to make it sufficiently different. The result is an uncanny valley that I keep falling into. The production values are...
  20. Ralls

Yes. Once you read the wiki on how system states work, you can turn quite a lucrative profit.
Top Bottom