• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. M

Blog Navigation

Initial Directory and Guestbook MoonHunter Sayeth Draft Blog Posts Directory Basics Using Game Terms the MoonHunter Way My Favorite Projects on RPG.Net Favorite Session and What we can Learn 10 in 10 Three Passes, Two Points, One Product. 7 Cs Convergence Point My Time...
  2. M

🎨 Creative (31 Flavors) Disease names for my walkers/ zombies/ ragers

It is always some microbe or parasite or something (*1). It turns normal people into dangerous threats that the unaffected must survive. They become walkers/ zombies/ ragers/ vampires. They become a force of danger. There is some disorder that somebody has named early in the story. It...
  3. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 236 Time Travel Help

GM Tool: Situation Framing Time Travel. Since the Time Machine, it has captured the attention of speculative fiction writers and fans. It has invaded many a TV show (Star Trek I am looking at you) and spawned a few of its own (Time Tunnel and on...) It seems so perfect for roleplaying...
  4. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 235

No man who bothers about originality will ever be original: wheras if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring two pence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. CS Lewis This is something that comes up a lot...
  5. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 234

A well meaning rant #234 Sometimes players just need to be shocked to wake up. I invest a lot of time and effort into my game. I am a GM, that is what people expect you to do. My players are told up front that I expect some effort out of them. That they should actively play the game and...
  6. M

MoonHunter Sayeth Waunderer's Way

A short form location for the Waunderer's Way Setting. Waunderers Way Waunderer's Way Intro Waunderer's Way Continued Waunderer's Way The Road Waunderer's Way Empire of the Emerald Road Waunderer's Way Dr Apocalypse Terminology for Waunderer's Way Working document More...
  7. M

🎨 Creative (101) Alternate Worlds, Spheres, Realms, and Dimensions to visit

Here is a home for "places" where characters might visit as they move through The *Verse. If you want to see what world posts can look like, here is a thread of examples (the later posts are better for that). Each listing should include what "the current drama" is and maybe what might happen...
  8. M

🎨 Creative Christmas Adventures: NPCs, Plots, Set Pieces, and everything else.

It is that time of year when GMs get the spirit and begin to contemplate "Holiday Adventures". They could be part their chronicle's main continuity or a side piece/ one shot. It doesn't matter. They will begin to poke around and look for ideas and bits to use. This thread is the one stop...
  9. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 20181109

Graphic, Two Points, and a GM Technique Originally from here Keep it in mind that you are doing two different things. The Setting is the Stage a game is played upon. The Setting is elements of the background, "props" (things you can use), and set pieces (locations and such to play...
  10. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 20181106

Technique: Encyclopedia Moments MoonHunter never seems to play what everyone else is playing. While most players were cutting their teeth on D&D (or VtM later), I was playing or running Empire of the Petal Throne, Bushido (Fantasy Nippon), Third Imperium, Barsoom (SPI), early Star Treks, etc...
  11. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 20181103

It's a Saturday Thing, you might understand.
  12. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 20181102

Techniques: The Narrator We have all watched videos and heard "that perfect voice" do the voice over, narrating the scenes. We paid rapt attention to the right voice, with its perfect words, over those images. We have all suffered through the wrong narrator with the wrong dialog. We know the...
  13. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 20181030

More Boo! Going for the Boo! Effect, here are some more visceral tips for horror gaming! --- -0- --- Boo!: Never expect to really "scare" your players and their characters. The players have a great deal of psychological distance between them and the source of terror. The best you can do is...
  14. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 20181027

Yah, It is a Saturday Thing Now sometimes it is hard to get at your creative, but that is why you need to feed the beast that is your creativity and have regular meetings with your muse and create. After all, if your muse comes looking for you and you aren't in your chair working... what...
  15. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 20181026

Horror Gaming, the ins and outs, usually splattered on the floor. BOO! Fear and Horror in a game aka The Boo! Effect [VO: Vincent Price ] (*1) There are things that go bump in the night. Things that will unnerve you. Things you should never meet. These are the things you are gaming. What...
  16. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 20181023

The Minimum Check Boxes Or what happens when MoonHunter's Kid decides to start a chronicle So my oldest son has decided, out of the blue, to run a game of Deadlands over VoIP for a few of his Boyscout Friends. Not D&D 3.5. Not FATE or FAE. Not his current game of the moment Champions 4ed...
  17. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 20181019

Blog called on count of gastrointestinal plague. Stay tuned, something interesting might pop up here eventually.
  18. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 20181015

Character Weaving Do you understand Six Degrees of Separation? When you read a story or see a movie, how often are the characters just there, with no attachment or place in the world or the other characters in the setting? The answer you are looking for is basically “NEVER”. Writers know...
  19. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 20181013

Saturday Sidepost
  20. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 20181012

Get a Plot Sometimes, you just need a new plot. Okay, cue Huey Lewis and the News as the Sound Track for this post After a while, most gaming plots tend to be quite cliche and tired. You know the ones, "rescue the princess (whoever) who has been kidnapped (charmed/ trapped/ enslaved) by the...
Top Bottom