• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. The Unshaven

Monte Cook Games' "Consent In Gaming" hits shelves, poop hits fans.

For a moment I thought that might have been one of the same nitwits to go to war against the Fate Disability Toolkit, but that was a different name starting with P and a C start to the surname. I'm surprised I remembered even that much, but an impression was clearly made.
  2. The Unshaven

It's good that MCG have made this visible and started up another conversation, and the resource isn't a bad resource. I suppose it's also good that an established company is doing the tanking for all the bullshit it's stirred up, rather than it landing on indies and marginalised folks once...
  3. The Unshaven

Kamigakari RPG kickstarter - Do I need this?

you are good people
  4. The Unshaven

This seems eminently reasonable to me. It looks like "OIivia not doing the work" was down to not being given the material needed to work from, too, during an agreed blocked-out period where she didn't accept other work because she was supposed to be working on Kamigakari. I could ask about...
  5. The Unshaven

What do you want to see from an RPG Kickstarter?

No problem! Glad the visibility is useful. Definitely suggests good things about EH, which is what I'd like to see more of. EDIT: Here's some links I put into the Tangency thread about an open letter that previous kickstarter supporters are signing to support the union
  6. The Unshaven

What do you want to see from an RPG Kickstarter?

I like stretch goals which boost the payrate of contributors as an alternative to physical stretch goals. It's motivational and gets the creators better paid. Mainly at the moment some critical engagement and awareness of Kickstarter's antiunion practices would be good. Nothing against folks...
  7. The Unshaven

I think these kinds of rules are vital in gaming, often particularly in long-term groups because although on the one hand there can be safety in groups you're familiar with, there can also be a reluctance to rock the boat for how something's always been that you didn't like but have tolerated so...
  8. The Unshaven

The Inverse "But Dragons" Fallacy?

The whole argument about strength isn't JUST logically inconsistent and grounded in horrors, as others have said, it's also factually so very wrong. Friends have done studies as part of studying to be physiotherapists and the data is clear that there's significantly less of a gap between...
  9. The Unshaven

[River City Girls] From the makes of Shantea and Double Dragon Neon

The soundtrack by Megan McDuffee is good, there's a lot of it, and it features work from Chipzel, NateWantsToBattle and Dale North: https://ffm.to/rivercitygirlsost Sadly not on Bandcamp because publishers are gonna publisher, but it's still available around the place.
  10. The Unshaven

That sounds about right to me, but with the additional steps: - Veeres banned Noelle and Olivia from the Serpent Sea Games Discord - Revoked their Kickstarter access - Lied to them about the above - Blocked them on social media - and tried to get the IGDN to blacklist them. I know you weren't...
  11. The Unshaven

Clarifying the role of the Hype Machine

Very good to know. I'm not debating that this turns out to be a bad idea, and will apply the guidance from the rest of the thread going forward: The answer to this question is "because there wasn't a thread about it already and I was interested in seeing what people thought about it." Here's...
  12. The Unshaven

Hmm, that makes sense. I think I can see what's driving this: I've often not had time to properly read everything myself because of shenanigans, so I'm relying on external sources to try and tell people what things are about so they can tell if they're interested. Which then means if I'm...
  13. The Unshaven

Hi folks, as a low priority question, I'd like to see if I can understand the role of the Glamorous Unrestrained Hype Machine better. My understanding is that it's for people who are posting ads for their products. I've had a couple of threads moved there, despite the fact I had thought I was...
  14. The Unshaven

Second volume of the San Jenaro Co-op's Short Games Digest climbing the ranks at DTRPG

The San Jenaro Co-op's Short Games Digest Volume 1 climbed to the #1 best seller position at DTRPG, despite being made by a small collection of RPG authors with no advertising budget who share all profits. Short Games Digest Volume 2 is out now, and is even better value than Volume 1. For $10...
  15. The Unshaven

Anybody want a good game for the Dark Crystal setting?

That makes sense - it struck me that we'd be wanting something to distinguish size in FAE, potentially Scale from Dresden Files Accelerated but Weight in WoA also seemed like a good fit, because everything in The Dark Crystal is such different sizes. Podlins to Gelflings to Skeksis to Garthem...
  16. The Unshaven

Very fair. The settings are quite different, and do have different assumptions about the ratio of silliness to grimnitude. Perhaps it's better to say "If you like the vibe, THEN" than to say it's a good game specifically to run The Dark Crystal. I mean I think it'd do a good job, but so would...
  17. The Unshaven

Thanks! I'm glad it seems useful: it's one of the things that impressed me about the book since it beds-in the idea of being responsive to where a table wants to take the story rather than telling everybody how it is. And suggestions for how to adjust for both tone and solvability independently...
  18. The Unshaven

My understanding matches Doc_Chronos in that the rules are good, but completely optional? We've never used them, but we like they exist.
Top Bottom