• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Egyptian

[Icons] What's Essential?

I've been thinking about supers stuff a bit thanks to the current DC draft over in Other Media. Icons still feels like the best option of the pack (though honestly I haven't looked that hard!), but I see that there's a lot of new stuff out there for it. I have the base rules, AtoZ, and Icons...
  2. Egyptian

System for Survival Horror?

I've been playing Resident Evil 2 Remastered this last week, and loving it. It's been a great deal of fun to go back and revisit the survival horror genre. Being the gamer I am, I started thinking about the possibility of running something like this as a proper tabletop rpg. Coming up with...
  3. Egyptian

[Call of Cthulhu] The Good Stuff

After some conversations, I picked up Call of Cthulhu 7th Edition this week. I've been without a version of the rules for years, and this seemed like a good time to fix that. The new books (The Keeper's Rulebook and the Investigator's Handbook) look and read great, and are really worthy...
  4. Egyptian

[Historypack] Books on life in the 1930s

Pretty much what it says on the tin. I'm looking for good recommendations on life in the 1930s. Preferably light on the politics, and heavy on the day to day stuff. I have an idea for a story brewing, and I need to get a better feel for the era. So far though I've been frustrated by a lot of...
  5. Egyptian

[Star Trek Adventures] Adventure Seeds!

I'm trying to get my GMing mojo back, and I thought a good way might be to come up with some good seeds for STA games. Then I thought while I was at it I should post them here in Open, where people could chime in, offer critiques, or post concepts of their own. Anyway, here goes with the first...
  6. Egyptian

Getting Back Into Dr Who

I recently came into a bit of discretionary funding (a customer passed out some $50 gift cards at work) and after some thought I decided to spend it on a new DVD set. Now, I'm a Doctor Who fan going well back. Like David Tennant, my Doctor was the Fifth (I actually didn't see much of #4 until...
  7. Egyptian

[Jazzpack] Rudy Van Gelder 1924-2016

Is 2016 over yet? I barely know where to start here. He was the architect of the Blue Note sound, probably the most coveted recording engineer of his era. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4WjU4eXYWg4&index=1&list=PLED9CF5CAEE7AD60A https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3L-gL4XmjM...
  8. Egyptian

[2016 Again] RIP Bernie Worrell

Another one gone, this one to lung cancer. 72 isn't a bad run, especially as he toured with George Clinton and probably had three or four lifetimes worth of mileage on him just from that! I'm no good at eulogies, but I do know how to reminisce. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVHNwBbkSj4...
  9. Egyptian

[Books!] The Roaring Twenties

I need recommendations. I have it in my head to do something for NaNoWriMo, and I thought I'd start my research early rather than waiting until the very last moment like I usually do. The time period the story will be set in will be the 1920s. Now, I know the basics about the era, but I'd like...
  10. Egyptian

Star Wars AoR: Reunion on Bandomeer

<Player_Killin_GM> IT IS A DARK TIME FOR THE GALAXY <Player_Killin_GM> Despite the successes at Yavin and elsewhere, increased pressure from the Imperial Fleet has forced the Rebel Alliance into hiding, spreading out across the galaxy. One such band of heroes is dispatched to the remote world of...
  11. Egyptian

Star Trek Attack Wing-Seeking Info

Is anyone playing this? I know X-Wing is kind of the 800lb gorilla of the *Wings games right now, but I love Trek and this game looks just different enough to be interesting. If anyone has played both, how do the two compare? I know the component quality is higher in the FFG offering, but I've...
  12. Egyptian

[Comicpack] What Should I Be Reading?

I burned out pretty bad on comic books about 3-4 years ago. Too many events, too many overhyped books that didn't deliver...I had enough. I was housesitting this week, and as something to do I brought along a few of the trades I still have. All Star Superman and Swamp Thing will go a long way to...
  13. Egyptian

[Valiant RPG] Rules Question

Hey everybody. I picked up the pdf for the new Valiant super heroes rpg. So far I like what I'm seeing, very simple and slick. There do seem to be a few spots where the rules are a little unclear though. I can't quite seem to grok how damage works. An example 9mm pistol is shown to do 2 damage...
  14. Egyptian

[Diaspora] Help With Composure Attacks

Just as the title reads. I'm having a little trouble wrapping my head around how these ought to work. The examples in the book make it sound like you could just elect to attack Composure instead of making a regular attack, and avoid all of your opponents defenses. That's not right, is it? I like...
  15. Egyptian

Musings on a Setting

I'm sorta tinkering with a setting for a Pathfinder game. I'm starting off with the basic concept that everything in the core rules is true, but I'm free to decide why it might be so. So I'm free to stretch things, as long as they still fit within the letter of the rulebook. In doing this I...
  16. Egyptian

Advice on a Dice Mechanic?

I'm writing a little game system, nothing complicated. It's really just a mental exercise at the moment, trying to see if it's something I can do. Anyway, I came up with what I feel could be a workable dice mechanic. The basic "do stuff" roll would be 1d6 + skill and modifiers, with the target...
  17. Egyptian

Recommend a Wargame!

Various forces have been conspiring to make me want to wargame again. It's been a long time for me, and I am very much out of the loop. So what's the bee's knees these days? What are you guys playing, and why are you excited to play it? My wargame resume: -Warhammer 40k.: Rogue Trader through...
  18. Egyptian

[Bookpack] Recommend Some Historical References

I am looking to brainstorm a new historical/fantasy setting. To get some fresh inspiration I'm in the market for some fresh history books. I'm not looking for the deep scholarly texts. Instead, I've got my eye out for the sort of books with the basic information on the subject, presented with...
  19. Egyptian

[Savage Worlds] Mass Effect Help Needed

I grabbed a Mass Effect pdf off the Savage Worlds fansite the other day (Here. It's the Jim Alcala version). We played with it a bit and while it generally seemed good, the Krogan seemed a wee bit unkillable. The standard Krogan starts with the "Hardy" ability (A 'shaken' enemy does not suffer a...
  20. Egyptian

[Wrestlepack] Draft Thread - The Shows!

CWF Main Event Wrestling We open with a shot of Bob Caudle at the announcer's booth, with the arena visible behind him. Bob Caudle: Welcome fans, to Championship Wrestling from Florida, today right here in beautiful Talahassee! We've got a lot of great action for you, so without further ado...
Top Bottom