• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. K

Grand Central Absences Station

Sorry to folks in my games. Something very bad happened to me, and I have to just admit I won't be in a roleplaying mood for a while. Press F to pay respects.
  2. K

[Lore] Planescape

Where other D&D settings draw on medieval fantasy books-comics-movies for inspiration, Planescape shares a lot of ideas and images with other Goth-conspiracy RPGs and pop media from the 90s: belief structuring reality, urban spaces as inherently magical and strange, formal factions fighting each...
  3. K

[Semi-Closed/Interest/Recruitment/Discussion] Silent Titans

Hello, I'm here, just been having a messy week irl. I'll play a Silent Titans pregen! stats Strength 12 Dexterity 12 Will 13 HP 1
  4. K

4e Classes: A Fan's Perspective

As someone whose group kept up closely with 4e, I remember losing the thread on classes around PHB 3. There were a few classes where I didn't have a grasp on who I would actually be playing. It's the new Primal Controller or whatever, okay, got it, but what is it? What's this class about on its...
  5. K

[Meta] Games You'd Really Like to Play V: The Thread Strikes Back.

Yeah, Mummy would be dope. I've had a Mummy: the Curse character idea in my pocket for years, it would be fun to try 'em in Resurrection.
  6. K

Yeah! I didn't get to back the kickstarter but I'd love to play Silent Titans.
  7. K

OOC [Black Hack] Spinetooth Oasis

I wanna try the fluctuating cost rules where you roll for price at the point of sale, but you can get bolas around here. They'll cost 1d8 coins like other missile ammunition. If you want, you can trade your 4 coins for Ud8 worth of bolas right now. I don't think Bish Bosh carries change.
  8. K

[Recruitment] [The Black Hack 2E] Spinetooth Oasis

Cool! Bish Bosh will fit right in, especially with a war yo yo. I'll think of some freaky desert lore to pass into his sun-baked brain. Perfect! Thanks for the update. --- Here's the OOC thread! And here's the IC thread! Get unruly, you filthy animals!
  9. K

IC [Black Hack] Spinetooth Oasis

Hex 1, Sandstone Plateau Morning, 1st of Flowering It's yet another day in the desert. The heat-shimmering sun glares down at you like an angry eye, baking you and your hardy ostrich mounts. At your sides, below your ready weapons and scrolls, purses jangle and waterskins slosh. There's never...
  10. K

OOC [Black Hack] Spinetooth Oasis

This is the OOC thread for Spinetooth Oasis, a game of The Black Hack 2nd edition. IC thread Recruit thread Post your sheet here in some kinda neat quote-block format, please! There was probably a smarter way to post the map, but mocking up a bird's-eye view in Paint just felt easiest while...
  11. K

Yeah! With you we'll have 5, which sounds just right. Who were you thinking of playing? I don't want to post too much art from this adventure online, but here's a thread with some of the designer's work and her (pro-back) Patreon. Something to think about when you're imagining this world!
  12. K

Thanks for being patient, folks! I wanna get started this weekend now that things are calming down on my end. Jadis sounds fine for a name! That's a spread of rolls, alright. Maybe let someone else do the haggling and hireling-hiring, but clerics aren't especially punished by low Charisma...
  13. K

I like this rascal! I think you and I were chatting a while ago about a game set in a Chinese-style setting, and I'm totally down with an offbeat Daoist type on the run from trouble back home. Don't worry about it! I'm having a rough couple of days too, I get it. Posting and gaming should be...
  14. K

Verifiable online random number generation?

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding the problem, but you could use http://orokos.com/roll/ to generate random dice results. Orokos logs the dice rolls made by each account, which anyone can look up, so it's easy to verify.
  15. K

I'd be happy to have just 3 players, but I could take as many as 5 if people who see this thread (like you, reader!) are interested. Atli asked about supplements: there have been lots of open source mods for this system, and you can find some here. I'll only use the 2e book for this game since...
  16. K

Quick post for now: Welcome! The 26 page version is for 2e and has everything you need on the player side, so that one's perfect for this. If you like, you can get the full run-the-game rulebook here! He tucked himself in there. Yeah, Caves of Qud is a good anchor! And a short, simple...
  17. K

It's pretty quiet in here so far, I don't mind the noise! I like this snippet a lot. Fast-talking, opportunistic mountebanks with three unexplained curses are just right for this kinda game. What's Ooleng's deal? Are they human? Did they come from the white clay walls of Zar Naf, where...
  18. K

I'm looking for players for stylish OSR game The Black Hack right here! If you're like me and you want to play a colorful freebooter in a strange world where you get to talk to interesting people and maybe die, then buddy, I've got the module for you.
  19. K

I got this adventure among other books by Evlyn Moreau this week, and I'm dying to play her stuff. I also want to run The Black Hack 2nd edition outside of solo play. It's a match made on Mount Celestia! (just a li'l gamer joke -ed.) The Black Hack is an easy, fun, quick-learning system for...
  20. K

[IC] [SWN] Delta Drop

If seconds that. "If we're walking into a deadly mistake, I'll have some advance warning. We can afford to take risks. I say we take a supply truck and simply drive through the checkpoint, once we observe and have an idea of how they normally operate. Once we're inside, we can find where each of...
Top Bottom