• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. JediSoth

Mass Effect Andromeda-inspired Esper Genesis

So, as I started playing Mass Effect Andromeda, I got to thinking about using Esper Genesis to run a game where the PCs were part of an extra-galactic colonization effort. The human (and whatever aliens I want to be familiar to them, I was thinking just androids/synthetics of some sort) colony...
  2. JediSoth

New PS4 Owner

I bought a PS4 today because... well, I'm bored with most of the games I have on my PC, nothing laying fallow in my Steam library appeals to me except games I've played hundreds of hours before already (Skyrim, Fallout 4), and I really, really wanted to play Horizon Zero Dawn (so I ordered that...
  3. JediSoth

Tomb of Annihilation Vignettes

So, with my wife's cancer in remission, my gaming group has started talking about what we're going to do once we're able to start gaming again. 3/4 players have indicated they want to pick up where we left off in August. Their group had just arrived at Omu in Tomb of Annihilation. Several of...
  4. JediSoth

Which is YOUR jam: The Munsters or The Addams Family

I always preferred The Addams Family myself. My wife and I have been watching the old series again on Hulu and it still holds up pretty well.
  5. JediSoth

Gen Con... Take Care, Be Aware

Every year, I publish a blog post focusing on disability awareness at Gen Con. The advice therein is applicable to other conventions, of course, but I time it with Gen Con since it's the largest convention I attend, and my main convention appearance as an author (I'm on Authors' Avenue, table G...
  6. JediSoth

Computer Conundrum

So, Saturday morning I wake up to find my PC has no internet connection. For the last month, it's been working fine hardwired into ethernet in our new house. Over the course of the day (since I had things to do and places to go), I rebooted my PC (several times), tried to repair the connection...
  7. JediSoth

LTTP: Rage (2011, Bethesda)

So, in an attempt to play something else (since I've only played Elder Scrolls Online this year), I found Rage in my long list of Steam games owned, but never installed. I played through the first mission (killed the bandits) that John Goodman (not the character's name) send you on and...
  8. JediSoth

New Game Room

The most exciting part about moving is getting to set up my new game room. My GeekChic Spartan is a sad pile of parts today. I get to use this space above the garage. It's 11' W (mostly) x 20' L. Behind where I stood to take the picture is climate-controlled storage (we split the bonus...
  9. JediSoth

Ugly Delicious

So, I've been watching this documentary on Netflix by Chef David Chang. Basically, he examines foods from a cultural perspective (link to the trailer), particularly cultural appropriation of foods and "authenticity." It gets really deep at time, re: immigrants and other uncomfortable subjects...
  10. JediSoth

Miniature Display and Storage

How does everyone store/display your miniatures? Ideally, I would display large pieces (like dragons) and the ones I've painted, and just store the large batches of bulk minis (like the pre-painted D&D minis I collected when the D&D Minis game was a thing). Ease of accessibility is a plus, so I...
  11. JediSoth

The Librarians, Season 4 (spoilers likely)

Didn't see this thread started yet. The first two episodes premiered recently (not sure when, since they DVRd while we were busy doing Christmas baking over the last week-and-a-half). During the first episode, I thought they were going with a "Corrupt Secret Catholic Sect" thing, but then...
  12. JediSoth

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale

Capitalism, ho! This game is too damn happy. :) How many loops did it take before you finally paid off Daddy's debt? I'm on loop 5 now having been unable to get past payment 3 so far. I think I'm getting the hang of it after reading several guides that indicate ignoring Tear's sales advice is...
  13. JediSoth

Crowdsourcing an Adventure

I thought of a great punny name for a convention one-shot, "Fairy, Faerie, Quite Contrary," and have a bit a hook: Villagers have suddenly starting blatantly lying about everything as the result of a curse put upon them by the Faerie Queen after she caught them stealing The Thing (possibly...
  14. JediSoth

[PCPack] Buying a new PC

I'm so far out of the loop on PC parts... my current system is 7+ years old* and starting to get a bit long in the tooth. I've upgraded all the components I can without triggering a cascade upgrade (you know, one of those upgrade where I have to start essentially re-building the whole system...
  15. JediSoth

Classic D&D Adventures

What classic D&D adventure have you always wanted to play, but never had the chance? context: I'm looking for a fourth event to run at Gary Con, but don't want to write another original adventure while I'm revising a novel and trying to move.
  16. JediSoth

Post Deleted instead of Edited. Recoverable?[recovered]

I had a post at the bottom of page 24 (the way my browser displays it) in the "RPG Industry sexual harassment, Mentzer, abuse and what do we do about it?" thread from this morning (5:58AM RPG.net time) and just a few minutes ago I went to correct a typo using the browser in my Kindle. It seems...
  17. JediSoth

Found in the Basement

So, my step-daughter and son-in-law are in town visiting. They brought me a gift, just a little something their neighbor had in his basement and offered to my son-in-law in lieu of throwing it away. The D&D stuff ranges from 2nd - 7th printings. Vol. 1 doesn't say. Vol. 2 & 3 are 2nd...
  18. JediSoth

Using Epic Monsters in lower-level campaigns

[D&D 5E] Using Epic Monsters in lower-level campaigns A lot of the power of Epic monsters (like Orcus, Tiamat, etc.) seems to come from their lair actions (I'm talking 5th edition D&D here). If I were to use one of them, and say it's an Aspect of Orcus (or whatever) and use everything EXCEPT...
  19. JediSoth

*Kickstarter* Aces & Eights Reloaded

Kenzer & Co. launched a Kickstarter today for the second edition of their western RPG: Aces & Eights today. I own the original and they're keeping the shot clock mechanic from that edition. I assume news of what rules are changing between 1E and 2E are forthcoming (I imagine 2E will bring the...
  20. JediSoth

[D&D 5E] Giant Slug Conversion

I am, admittedly, awful at game design/rules crunching, but I have a need for an adventure I'm writing for eventual publication for the nastiest of vermin: the Giant Slug. Now, 5E doesn't have an official version, so I ran the Pathfinder version through a 5E monster converter and tweaked it a...
Top Bottom