• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Ralls

[Sell me on] .hack

I've got an old PS2 kicking around, and I've always been curious about the .hack series. I've got a soft spot for those retro cult-classics that were well-received but never quite got the following to stay alive after switching to the next generations of consoles. After finishing some Armored...
  2. Ralls

[Thread Name Change Request]

Current thread: https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?827818-Vibes-Big-Life-Choices Current Name: [Vibes] Big life choices Change to: [TITLJ] Ralls's Writing Adventure I think I'll use it as a little journal to see how this new venture pans out, and maybe add some positive or at least fun news...
  3. Ralls

[Abyss of Souls] Writing the setting woes.

So, Abyss is almost finished and sitting in indesign. . . . . .Except for the setting section Oddly, I'm having trouble writing the little bitty setting hooks and sections. Unlike the mechanics and character creation sections where I've been over it a million +1 times, the function of the...
  4. Ralls

Thread title change

Hello mods, as I perform a lets play in XCOM2, certain thread titles become more appropriate. I'd like to request a thread title change in this thread From: [Lets Play] XCOM2 War of the Chosen - I'm doing my part to: [Lets Play] XCOM2 War of the Chosen - Second Squadwipe Edition Thank you :)
  5. Ralls

[Lets Play] XCOM2 War of the Chosen - Into the Belly of the Beast

WE NEED MORE RECRUITS If you want to join in, post your trooper's name and what you want them to look like. It'll form a que of new recruits in this thread. So when I take casualties and recruit more newbies I'll just go down to the next post in the thread and put your trooper in from there...
  6. Ralls

Anyone else jump from project to project?

I've been putting in a lot of work on Abyss lately, and I've been forcing myself to make progress on the formatting, layout, and editing in the scribus copy. However, I'll be darned if my brain doesn't want to jump to my other projects! I'm getting so many ideas for campaigns and mechanics and...
  7. Ralls

[Turbo Line] Initiative system for a racing game

I've been piecing together one of my side-projects, Turbo Line, and I think I've finally *got* the initiative system. One of the problems I've been having is tracking who is where and who goes first amidst the chaos of a race. The feeling I'm going for is the movie-style races where drivers...
  8. Ralls

[WIRW] Initial D

Deja Vu! I've seen this anime before. . . I remember watching the the hair-raising, one-on-one downhill, races of this anime five years ago. For those unfamiliar, It's like the Need for Speed of Anime. However, other than remembering they were good, I can't really recall anything specific...
  9. Ralls

Ralls begins making a Mecha Game

Hey RPG.net I've been a bit burnt out with writing the fluff and formatting for Abyss lately. So I'm going to do a quick side project to get something fresh going so I can come back to Abyss with the passion it deserves. And now for something completely different! From mat's ideas of making...
  10. Ralls

[Abyss of Souls] Playtesting Thread [Pbp Playtest]

As discussed here This thread it to run very short scenarios in order to focus-in on very specific aspects of Abyss that need testing. How does this work? Well, I, the GM set up a scenario, and RPG.net takes the role of the player. The difference between this and a PBP is that anyone can jump in...
  11. Ralls

[Question] What section would a short rpg game-test go in?

Over in the quiet Game Design and Development forum, a few of us potential devs and testers were looking at doing something of a very short, rapid-fire playtest thread discussed here. I hesitate to put a [Test] thread in the PbP thread, because the goals are a little different. The test thread...
  12. Ralls

[Abyss of Souls] GM metacurrency [Feedback needed]

Heyo RPG.net folk, I've been busily re-tooling the GM currency for Abyss. A few months back, I tested the very basics, and it felt interesting for both the players and GM, but now I'm working on the hard-numbers. In any case, these are the two main goals I've been designing for: 1) The GM...
  13. Ralls

[Abyss of Souls] Ralls is out for last blood(line) [Conditional interesting reactions]

Hey RPG.net! I've been on haitus as far as work on my numerous projects goes for a little more than a year. This is due to responsibilities of graduating uni (I did), and surviving another 'bout with depression (I did that, too!). Now that I'm back I want to get back to work on the things I...
  14. Ralls

[Abyss of Souls] Character Sheets are here!

Hey RPG.net! I'm refining the last touches on Abyss, with only maybe one more change to a subsection of the mechanics, but this thread isn't about mechanical design; it's about LAYOUT DESIGN! GOTCHA! I'm looking for feedback on a few different versions of the character sheet, but first, a...
  15. Ralls

[Abyss of Souls] GM section

Hey RPG.net, Now that I've graduated my life has slowed down for a bit, allowing me to get back to the hobbies I really enjoy. While the main gameplay system has been tweaked and fleshed out to something I am happy with, I'm turning my attention to brushing up the game master section by...
  16. Ralls

[Ok Go] Treadmills are so 2009. . . .

in 2016, it's out of this world! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia9EkgIeNsk I thought this music video was worth sharing.
  17. Ralls

Turbo Line: A racing rpg

Link to google doc What is turbo line? Long version: Sort Version:A rules-lite RPG which can allow you and your players to play any high-stakes race like those in the movies. From something grounded in reality like Fast and the Furious or something way more outlandish and fantastical like...
  18. Ralls

[Abyss of Souls] Game Master Mechanics

Game Master Mechanics Document Game Document (for reference if you missed the last thread) So I'm working on AoS, and I'm puzzling my way through some game master mechanics. On one hand, I want the increasing pool size to allow larger, more persistent threats, but on the other hand, I want...
  19. Ralls

[101] Its my birthday. I want 101 fallen fantasy adventurers!

It's my birthday today :D I've just hit level 23 and am ready to take on the next dungeon. I'm making a dark fantasy RPG right now (working document is in my signature), and I'd love some write-ups on fantasy heroes that have failed in their task for inspiration for a playtest I'll run soon...
  20. Ralls

[Abyss of Souls] Create your character!

Game Document Character sheet Alright. So I did a lot of editing, restructuring, and touching-up on the game document for AoS. I thought I'd upload it and see what characters you come up with! Also, I got a character sheet all done-up in indesign. I'm still learning that program (so ignore...
Top Bottom