• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. L

Hex-based table-top gear?

Hi everyone; my main gaming project this year is getting my knock off of The Fantasy Trip into something like a final, distributable form, and I'm trying to do something special for my own home kit that could benefit from advice. I prefer to play the game as god intended, with cardboard chits on...
  2. L

Hit points in GW and MA

I was recently reading through my Goodman Games reprint of Metamorphosis Alpha, and was reminded of the one thing about it, and its direct relative, Gamma World, that I never understood: All characters have insanely high hit points compared to the damage done by common weapons and unarmed...
  3. L

Games like Melee or Gladiator?

Hi everyone; I'm working on a game describing gladiatorial combat, inspired by two old games for which I have a lot of affection — Melee and AH's Gladiator. There are elements of the game I've created that might remind one of these games, but before I finish I wanted to make sure I've least...
  4. L

WW I rpgs?

Hi everyone; I wonder whether there are any good table top roleplaying games explicitly designed for a world-war I setting. I don't mean 'you could re-skin this for WW I', or 'I would kit bash together game A and game B and glue on some map from wikipedia'. I mean, an actual game intentionally...
  5. L

Comparison of Cpt. Alatriste with Flashing Blades?

I'm re-reading some of the Captain Alatriste stories, and it put me in the mood to run Flashing Blades for the first time in years. I'm aware there is a spanish language RPG specifically aimed at the Alatriste stories. Can anyone comment on how it compares with Flashing Blades?
  6. L

Jerry Cornelius - themed game

I've started work on a table-top roleplaying game set in the world of Jerry Cornelius (with a few crossover characters from the Bastable stories). I'm not interested in infecting the world with yet another in the endless string of core rules sets, so I'm thinking I'll write this up as a...
  7. L

Wonderful insight into the creation of Sandbox-style TTRPG play

Below is a link to Wayne Rossi's blog, which includes a pdf that compiles his posts recounting very early (pre- to early Greyhawk) OD&D campaigns. I lifted it from another thread, but wanted to set it up with its own tag line because it is absolutely fantastic and everyone with an interest in...
  8. L

Properties with lapsed copyrights

I would like to start a discussion about the rules governing posts on this site regarding gaming properties that are no longer covered by copyright. This is probably a bigger issue than many of us realize because of the number of old games that were published under the '28 years unless renewed'...
  9. L

Printing and binding game PDF's?

Hi everyone; I own a number of game related PDF's that are serviceable in their digital forms, but not really what I like at the gaming table. I would like to have them printed and perfect-bound (preferably with covers) but don't want to be bothered to do it myself or patch it together with a...
  10. L

The Fantasy Trip: Core book now available

Hi everyone; I've completed the first (and likely biggest) step of a project to produce a set of small (~100 p) volumes that comprehensively reproduce the 'canon' of The Fantasy Trip, in a format suitable for use on a laptop or printing through a POD service. The first volume is the core book...
  11. L

[The Fantasy Trip] A call for help

Hi everyone; I'm in the end-stages of a pretty major project to bring together, edit (mostly by re-arrangement into sensible sections) and compile into volumes the collective body of rules books, setting materials, adventures and solo adventures associated with Metagaming's The Fantasy Trip. The...
  12. L

map of Mehrangarh Fort

Hi everyone; I am working on a new city-based game setting and would really like to base the main castle on Mehrangarh Fort, india (a tremendously big castle that is particularly imposing and complex looking). I've been having trouble finding anything like an accurate map of it online. It is...
  13. L

Hunger Games makes me want to play a PC rumble...

My family was in the mood to re-watch Hunger Games last night. It was fine, but I spent most of the second half of the film recalling all the awesome times my high school buds and I had playing 'rumble' with the player characters of whatever game we were up to those days. A PC rumble is simple...
  14. L

Dragonquest 1st edition resources?

I recently realized that it has been a decade since anyone in the online community put out an accessible form of Dragonquest; this feels like too long, particularly given that we are living in a golden age of retroclones. So, I'm currently working my way through the relevant documents to put...
  15. L

Combat in Torchbearer vs. Mouse Guard vs. Burning Wheel?

I'm in the midst of yet another attempt to get all the way immersed in Burning Wheel. I love a lot of things about this game, but previous efforts to get the whole ball rolling have always stalled when the large number of sub-systems governing combat, damage and injury overcome my gag reflex. I...
  16. L

Latest news on Mouse Guard?

I recently decided to put together a Mouse Guard campaign (mostly responding to interest from my Daughter, who decided it sounded like an awesome mix of D&D + Tales of Desperaux). It looks like the game is more or less unavailable now, unless you are willing to spend an absurd amount of money...
  17. L

Favorite gamey fonts?

I'm editing, reformatting, condensing (etc., etc.) my mega-house-ruled edition of The Fantasy Trip and am considering giving the basic font and layout a face lift. Any votes out there for favorite fonts? I'm kind of a fan of Futura because it is the font from Holmes D&D. But there must be others...
  18. L

[L5R+] Let's talk about the 4E of L5R

I just picked up the 4th edition of Legend of the Five Rings and am kind of geeking out over how good it is. I understand I'm a year late to the party, but this game doesn't get much discussion on these boards so I thought I would stir some up. I came to the game having been an avid fan of...
  19. L

Making the move to 4E L5R?

I have been enjoying my small collection of 1E L5R books this weekend, and contemplating checking out the new 4E. The only thing that gives me pause is that some of my favorite 1E materials (Book of the Shadowlands; all the Ninja goodness in Book of Shadow) don't seem to have equivalents in 4E...
  20. L

Old 1E classes from the Dragon magazine?

I am spending a lot of time with 1E these days and wanted to go through all the classes that were published in The Dragon magazine (witch, etc.). I've found lists of these and the issues they are in on Dragonsfoot, but it seems SOMEONE must have thrown together a pdf or web site that puts the...
Top Bottom