• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. L

[Exalted 3e] Arms of the Chosen's release on November 15th

The Wyld Behemoth in Hundred Devils Night Parade is Mata-Yadh, the Congeries of Obsidian and Aurora. It is very powerful and dangerous, but its described as a larval wyld behemoth. In terms of raw numbers its probably the most powerful thing that isn't an Exalt or a Warstrider statted for...
  2. L

[Exalted 3rd] Couple questions?

You can competently craft powerful Artifacts with 2-4 Craft Charms if you want a bare minimum investment.
  3. L

[Exalted 3e] Arms of the Chosen's release on November 15th

Can't wait to see the work that Robert Vance and Eric Minton put into this one. I really respect the way they've taken to things and every interaction I've had with them has made me feel reassured that Exalted is in good hands. Hurray!
  4. L

RPG Industry sexual harassment, Mentzer, abuse and what do we do about it?

This is all very soul-crushing. I hope that the victims receive the help that they need. I'm glad people are able to come forward but understand those who aren't comfortable. The sins of yesterday and yesteryear need to be answered for if there's going to be a path forward. It can't be built on...
  5. L

[Scion 2nd Edition Kickstarter] Children of Legend, Bound by Fate!

Could always be rules permutations in the Storytelling Chapter to help deal with that, it sounds like a number of things like that are in there.
  6. L

NPCs that define their game for you

Echo on this. Birch is such a weird and interesting guy. I think we have Greg Stolze to thank for him?
  7. L

[Exalted 3rd Edition] Discussion Thread II - Defining Intimacy: Exalted is Srs Bsns

I think you get a decent idea of how to make certain kinds of Charms from it. I don't think there's enough there for non-NPCs but they give you a good sense of stuff for NPCs, I think.
  8. L

[Exalted 3rd Edition] Discussion Thread II - Defining Intimacy: Exalted is Srs Bsns

Dragon-Blooded Charms in Adversaries of the Righteous! Cynis Borok and Ragara Feria are both built using 3e's Dragon-Blooded charms it seems, and they look pretty cool to me. Zicnal is an awesome bit of world-building in Hundred Devils Night Parade and the Strix are a giant bird profile, which...
  9. L

I love Exalted...but don't like the Exalted system. Recommend an alternative!

I think if you want something for Play By Post you want something light. I don't think Godbound is really good at doing Exalted in a nuanced fashion but if you want something simpler, it is sort of that.
  10. L

Whuh? Sound confrontational? Yeah, if I remember correctly he described how they use the Feats of Strength/Demolition Table, but left the precise details of how that works unsaid. Additionally that they can be used to attack people but I think there was something there about how they aren't as...
  11. L

Arms is so close. I can't wait to see how Siege Weapons work.
  12. L

[Rant] I hate races (in gaming).

I think the human race is much more interesting in its diversity than just giving one culture to each species and find that to be a source of dislike for me with most fantasy settings. Human monocultures are awful and monocultures for other races often make me wonder why they're there. I don't...
  13. L

[VtM] Vampire: The Masquerade 5th edition pre-alpha kit available for free.

Re: [VtM] Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha kit available for free. Man so when I set aside my unpleasant reaction to the Ventrue feeding restriction for that character, a part of me is thinking about how it seems so pedestrian and straightforward to make the character who ostensibly preys on...
  14. L

The WP to reroll dice part of the Dragon-Blooded Excellency is out for WFHW. We haven't seen how they work yet but DBs buy them now and they come with unique widgets that make it worthwhile supposedly. I'm looking forward to seeing that.
  15. L

[VtM] Vampire: The Masquerade 5th edition pre-alpha kit available for free.

Re: [VtM] Vampire 5th edition pre-alpha kit available for free. I think child abuse and nazism are kind of like the low-hanging fruit of unsympathetic characters. Like, the others aren't super novel either per se, but they're less lazy than nazi kid-eater.
  16. L

[The Elder Scrolls] What would you do with a campaign?

I'm pretty sure Morrowind's system is actually based on Runequest.
  17. L

[Sell Me On/Off] Conan: an Age Undreamed Of

You might be better served by making your own alterations to the rules to suit your needs.
  18. L

[The Elder Scrolls] What would you do with a campaign?

You could use Exalted as the system to run it and play around with the mechanics there for more mortal-scale characters, if the people in the game like to play around with different things having different systems of arbitration. Could be fun!
  19. L

[Sell Me On/Off] Conan: an Age Undreamed Of

How is Conan the Thief? I'm thinking about picking it up.
Top Bottom