• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. neutrondecay

In search of awesome alternative fight music videos

Some of you may have seen these two fan videos setting MCU battle scenes to alternative music: https://youtu.be/vwRw1J8Cd6Y https://youtu.be/Gvto9UvsSrI I'm wondering - are there any other triumphant example of this genre? I'd especially like to see other superhero movies (not necessarily...
  2. neutrondecay

IC Rahasia [D&D 5e]

Welcome to the rebooted play-through of B7 Rahasia! Recruitment thread OOC thread Wiki Starring: Dmitrios the Bold (human fighter) played by thirdkingdom Krystal (high elf warlock) played by ClassyCasey Karan Nagali (human rogue) played by downer Teshe (wood elf druid) played by Naed Yar...
  3. neutrondecay

OOC [D&D5e] B7 Rahasia

Hi folks, This is the OOC thread for Rahasia (5e run-through). The sign-up thread is here. As of this posting, we haven't got a full slate - the adventure calls for 5-8 characters of levels 2-3 - but some of the players are new to 5e, so I'm opening this thread now so that players can start...
  4. neutrondecay

[Rebooting] B7 Rahasia - Now in D&D5e - Inviting an initial group, reserves welcome

Here we go again Hi, I'm neutrondecay and I'm recovering from depression. Before my health collapsed, I was running three PbP games on here. This was obviously too many at once, and I'm definitely not going to try that again. I'm keen to dip my toes back in the water, though, so I'm restarting...
  5. neutrondecay

Contesting mod actions

If a mod does something as a mod that I disagree with, but it isn't a formal mod action like a ban or other infraction, what (if anything) is the correct way to challenge this? I've just seen something that I think is deeply unreasonable, but I don't know how to approach it. Thanks, nd
  6. neutrondecay

[5e] If WotC reintroduced your favourite setting with an adventure, what should it be?

Following my other thread about world-books, let's think about the alternative. Ravenloft was reintroduced with a successful adventure; if your preferred setting were making a comeback in the same way, what should it be? For Ravenloft, a return to Barovia seems obvious - it's been the iconic...
  7. neutrondecay

[5e] If WotC did a Book of Settings, what would each setting need?

So there's a lot of excitement for Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes over on that thread. But one of the things people regularly bring up is the desire for more settings. And owing to the richness of existing PDF 'fluff' material for many settings, several people have said that a book with chapters...
  8. neutrondecay

🎨 Creative 101 LGBTQ+ plot hooks

Here in the UK it's LGBT History Month, and so to mark it, I thought I'd kick off a thread which uses LGBT history as a source of plot hooks. There have been several threads elsewhere on RPGnet recently asking how we can include LGBT themes as setting elements, so I'm going to give it a go...
  9. neutrondecay

🎨 Creative 101 real-world things reframed as fantastical

Much of the best inspiration for gaming comes from real life. So let's describe things, places and situations that really exist, in ways that highlight their strangeness and show what good gaming fodder they are: 1. Centuries ago, humans domesticated a small dinosaur species. Although primarily...
  10. neutrondecay

Culture design toolkit

As promised, this is the culture-building sequel to my long-standing religion-building thread. I'll try to cover a wide range of possible elements for building a culture in this thread. Part of the idea is that rather than having a culture which essentially mixes together elements of a single...
  11. neutrondecay

[ISTOMKOl] (Marvel) Comics for small children

Help me, Other Media, you're my only hope! My two children, aged 3 and 4, are both obsessed with Marvel superheroes. Specific Marvel superheroes: the 4-year-old loves Squirrel Girl, and the 3-year-old loves Spider-Man. There's an obvious difference in comprehension between the two: the elder...
  12. neutrondecay

[Kickstarter] Elite: Dangerous TTRPG

So it turns out that while I wasn't looking, a long-held RPG dream of mine came close to reality. Spidermind Games are running a Kickstarter to create a tabletop RPG of Elite: Dangerous, the current iteration of the beloved space-trading computer game. I'm not really sure what to make of the...
  13. neutrondecay

[ISTVGOKO] A western RPG with an accessible level designer?

Back in the day I was an enthusiastic user of Neverwinter Nights and its built-in level designer. I greedily downloaded asset packs - especially new tilesets - and learned how to rewrite .2da files and write basic scripts to produce the world-building effects I wanted. But it was always a...
  14. neutrondecay

IC Rahasia [D&D RC]

Chandrabad, the City of the Moon! Glorious crossroads of northern Mahastan! Where the wide and silty River Tyeng winds down to the sea from its source in high and distant Pilata, welcoming merchants from Myan in the West to the shores of this, the greatest of all lands. Where a thousand temples...
  15. neutrondecay

OOC Rahasia [D&D RC]

OK, this is the OOC thread for Rahasia. If you want to join the waiting list, please post in the recruitment thread. Only post here if you're ready to generate a character and play. You will start in a small town, but the adventure takes place far enough from it that you will not be able to do...
  16. neutrondecay

[Recruitment][D&D 5e or RC] B7 Rahasia

So because I'm a glutton for punishment, I've decided to try running a third D&D game on here. Players of my existing games will know that I like to post, and for the players to post, 2-3 times a week, but in practice health and childcare issues can lead to occasional 1-2 week pauses. So...
  17. neutrondecay

[Birthday] Expand your favourite riffs!

My birthday was last week, but I missed starting a thread for it, because I was ill on the day. So please bear with me as I launch this request a week late: Cast your mind back over the [setting riff] threads here and on the d20 forum. And if you can, please choose a favourite one. Post to that...
  18. neutrondecay

[Riff] Doing it right: system-agnostic swashbuckling setting [7th Sea-ish]

So John Wick has done it again: 7th Sea's second edition is a big improvement over its predecessor, but still features a map that makes very little sense, and too few countries, all of them a kind of linguistic and cultural mincemeat that will satisfy some gamers but annoy others. I'm sure...
  19. neutrondecay

Books on RPG theory

Having looked at the various threads on RPGs to read as literature, fiction in RPG books, and books that changed how you game, I'm reminded of a book which was supposed to change how you game. Not an RPG book in the narrow sense, but Gary Gygax's Role-Playing Mastery. I bought it in my local...
  20. neutrondecay

[Re-Recruitment] Gartihann needs YOU!

Would you like to play in a campaign where the world is on the brink of cataclysmic change? Our homebrewed D&D5e campaign, When the World Turns, is running short of PCs. There's links to the threads and the wiki in my signature. You don't need to read the epic thread of worldbuilding, though...
Top Bottom