• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Matchstick

Future of MoviePass

I don't know how MoviePass was supposed to make money, just that I used the hell out of it for the year it was working. I think I saw like 70 to 80 movies in that year (and this was when they offered an entire year subscription for like $7 a month). AMC's $20-a-month subscription service for...
  2. Matchstick

Voyager vs Enterprise

Yeah. If you're just looking for a stand-alone hour of something that "feels" like Star Trek, a random episode of Voyager is much more likely to give you that than DS9. Fortunately, DS9, much like Babylon 5, was ahead of its time in that it's really best suited to the streaming model, where...
  3. Matchstick

Voyager vs Enterprise

I'm not sure either Voyager of Enterprise were actually reusing old scripts very often, if at all. Remember, TNG and DS9 were doing 26 episodes a year (one every eight days). There just simply wasn't enough time to have the five- or six-person writing staffs write scripts that didn't get...
  4. Matchstick

Voyager vs Enterprise

I remember watching the pilot and wondering if Scott Bakula, known for playing an intensely likable character on Quantum Leap, didn't want to be typecast as that and so played Archer as just a massive asshole. Didn't work for me at all. Worst (Lead) Captain Ever, IMO.
  5. Matchstick

Voyager vs Enterprise

See, I think a truly *great* Voyager would have started out with that premise, but by sometime in season 2 would have found a mission, a cause, a purpose that would completely change what the show is about (and probably do this at least a couple more times during the run of the show). I would...
  6. Matchstick

[Amazon Prime] Carnival Row

My brother and I watched the first episode, and, sadly, we both found it pretty unengaging. Don't think either of us are going to watch anymore. So many characters dumped on us, and other than the 2 minutes we got with the new neighbor moving in, I don't think a one of them was all that...
  7. Matchstick

The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance - Teaser Trailer

I was thinking more I might watch the series and then the film.
  8. Matchstick

This is a prequel, right? So I don't have to rewatch the film before watching the series? (Seen it, but so long ago I remember zero about it.)
  9. Matchstick

I believe the 10 episodes go live at midnight tonight (on the West Coast).
  10. Matchstick

[Joker] The first trailer has just dropped

Drew McWeeny has read the script and says it basically consists of a mash-up of Taxi Driver and The King of Comedy, and also seems pretty miffed at how often and blatantly it pulls scenes out of both.
  11. Matchstick

Disney+

Apparently, there's a way you can grab a Disney+ deal through next Monday. Here's the details. Short of it: You pay $141 for three years up front and it works out to $3.92 a month, basically getting a year of the service free at the current price. (I guess it also insulates you from any...
  12. Matchstick

Disney+ MCU Shows Excitement Thread

There was a rumor that part of the storyline is the U.S. government none too keen on having Sam take on the mantle of Captain America -- you can certainly come up with some reasons why -- so assuming the title might just be one of the threads of the season. I could picture the last episode...
  13. Matchstick

Hey, posters.
  14. Matchstick

[Disney+] The Mandalorian Trailer

Seems like this is a passion project for JonFavreau (even though I don't think he actually directed any of the episodes). He wrote the first four scripts before he even had a deal for the show. The impression I got from an interview I read is that he wrote all the episodes.
  15. Matchstick

[Disney+] The Mandalorian Trailer

Disney kicking off their service with what looks like the most expensive television show ever made (or at least one of them). Production quality looks pretty indistinguishable from the recent Star Wars films, IMO. I believe Jon Favreau is pioneering some new tech for the show as well.
  16. Matchstick

Still of the Peggy Carter What If episode. And more news: Marvel Unveils 3 New Disney+ Shows Including 'She-Hulk' and 'Moon Knight'
  17. Matchstick

Sony and Disney Stop Sharing Spider-Man

This article from Hollywood Reporter is interesting, particularly this: Sony’s slate is less diverse, and while it is moving ahead with spinoffs and a sequel to Venom, the future of Spider-Man is unclear. Holland, sources say, has an option for one more movie, while director Jon Watts is done...
Top Bottom