• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. ruckusmanager

[IC/OOC]Ready and Radioactive (Supers! RPG in the Atomic '50s)

A couple of items before we get started: IC/OOC: Obviously, I don’t feel a need for separate In Character and Out Of Character threads. Typically, I just use the [s b l o c k = O O C] and [/s b l o c k] (procedural note: remove spaces) to hide any Out Of Character activity. It’s worked well in...
  2. ruckusmanager

[Recruitment] Ready and Radioactive in the '50s (Supers! RPG)

Hey, it's summertime and the living is easy! So, why not start up another play-by-post game? This is a recruitment thread to play super-hero characters in a game of Supers! set in the United States of the 1950’s. The heroes will all be members of a governmental agency known as FOCUS (The...
  3. ruckusmanager

[Re-recruitment] Life in Sovereign City (Triumphant Superheroic RPG)

This is a re-recruitment thread to play super-hero characters in a game of Triumphant called “Life in Sovereign City.” We currently have 4 players and I wouldn’t mind adding 1-2 more. The system is very easy, so even those who are unfamiliar with it should be able to quickly get on board if they...
  4. ruckusmanager

[IC/OOC]Life in Sovereign City (Triumphant Super Heroic RPG)

A couple of bookkeeping items before we get started. IC/OOC: Obviously, I don’t feel a need for separate In Character and Out Of Character threads. Typically, I just use the [s b l o c k = O O C] and [/s b l o c k] (procedural note: remove spaces) to hide any Out Of Character activity. It’s...
  5. ruckusmanager

[Interest/Recruitment] Life in Sovereign City (Triumphant Super Heroic RPG)

This is a recruitment thread to play super-hero characters in a game of Triumphant. Triumphant is a rules light game of super-heroics. The system is very easy, so even those who are unfamiliar with it should be able to quickly get on board if they want. I’m hoping for 2-4 players to show...
  6. ruckusmanager

[OOC] HCIU: Miami (Save Face)

This will be the thread where I post all of the out of character stuff for the game. First up, please post the final version of your character to this thread. This will be the one that I use to track your points usage. Second, head on over to the [IC] thread here and make a post on what your...
  7. ruckusmanager

[IC] HCIU: Miami (Save Face)

Episode 2--Save Face Your vehicles are rushing toward Coral Gables, a quiet suburb of Miami. Only today, not so much. It's pretty easy to see where you're headed. A big black plume of smoke reaches skyward. It's also been big news all morning, even before you received the "all hands on deck"...
  8. ruckusmanager

[Recruitment] Mutant City Blues RPG--HCIU: Miami

It's summertime, and I've gotten a special request to start this game up again. I'm looking for at least two but no more than six players to start off. Hopefully, everyone will get a chance to meet George. The setting is Miami. Although Mutant City Blues is a fairly low-level, "realistic" take...
  9. ruckusmanager

[Recruitment]Capes, Cowls and Villains Foul--Super Smash Arcade

Prompted by this thread, I realize that while I own it, I have never played or run Capes, Cowls and Villains Foul. It's a little fiddly for my group's tastes, but that's exactly what the internet is for!!! I love superheroes, but not so much in the conventional four color approach. I had an...
  10. ruckusmanager

[OOC] HCIU: Miami

This is the OOC thread for HCIU: Miami, which uses the Mutant City Blues rpg rules. To start off, go ahead and post your character's stats and background again. Just a note: I'm going to use Invisible Castle to make any rolls for NPCs, and would encourage everyone to do the same, but whatever...
  11. ruckusmanager

[IC] HCIU: Miami

Episode 1—Superstar The large airboat skimmed along the surface of the Everglades. There are seven passengers on board. A man dressed in an NTSB jacket is addressing the others, yelling over the roar of the fan blade. “Private Charter Flight 13 took off from Miami International at 9:04 a.m...
  12. ruckusmanager

[Recruitment] Mutant City Blues RPG--HCIU: Miami

I've been hankering to run a Mutant City Blues game after I got a signed copy at Gencon (oh good for me!!!). I was thinking it should be set in Miami. Mutant City Blues is a fairly low-level, "realistic" take on the superhero genre. Think CSI: Miami/Miami Vice/Burn Notice meets...
  13. ruckusmanager

[IC/OOC] QAGS Sex, Lies and Ultraspies

Okay, let's first introduce our current cast of characters: Codename: Pixie Played by Ozxenu Name: Jillian Porter Body: 11 Brain: 10 Nerve: 15 HP: 11 Yum Yums: 7 Job: Police Secretary (9) 2nd Job: Ultraspy (9) Skills: Lying and Subterfuge +3, Dancing +2, Horse Riding +1 Gimmick: Change...
  14. ruckusmanager

[Recruitment] QAGS Sex, Lies and Ultraspies

It’s the 60’s! Everyone is trying not to think about nuclear devastation, women are liberated and wearing leather catsuits, and gruesome deaths on a North Sea oil rig may mean the return of a notorious supervillain. With the recent .pdf release of Sex, Lies and Ultraspies (check it out here) I...
  15. ruckusmanager

[QAGS] Sex, Lies and Ultraspies

This was the second game of QAGS that I ran last month at GenCon (You can check out the Qik Start rules here). It took place Thursday afternoon and was my best attended event, with all eight slots being taken. This was the third time I’ve run Ministry Q for Sex, Lies and Ultraspies, and it has...
  16. ruckusmanager

[QAGS] Qerth Game at GenCon

Here is the first recap of the events I ran at this year’s GenCon. I was using the QAGS system by Hex Games. You can find out more information on them here. Once again, Qerth kicked off my GenCon experience in a very good way. Qerth is Hex Games' parody of those old school "Fantasy Adventure...
  17. ruckusmanager

[QAGS] Weird Times At Charles Fort High (Actual Play)

Episode 1: Welcome to Orientation, Resistance is Futile We got together over the 4th of July holiday for a nice game of Weird Times at Charles Fort High using Hex Games' QAGS rules. More information on this newly released PDF product can be found here. Instead of basing our game at Charles...
  18. ruckusmanager

[QAGS] Rocket Jocks Actual Play

“Rocket Jocks: Last Stand at the O.K. Solar System” was the fifth and final game of QAGS I ran a few weeks ago at GenCon. I've been posting my actual play sessions from the con at the Hex Games Livejournal here. I was running events for my favorite system, the Quick Ass Game System, QAGS by...
  19. ruckusmanager

[QAGS] Strange Times: Surf Nazis from the Titanic

The second game I ran at GenCon using the Quick Ass Game System (QAGS) by Hex Games was called “Strange Times: Surf Nazis from the Titanic.” It’s pretty much designed to take place in the Hex ficton (the same world as M-Force, Groovin’ Zed, Fort High, and other stuff, where monsters and other...
  20. ruckusmanager

[QAGS] Qerth: Out of the Labyrinth

Over on Hexgames LiveJournal, I've been posting actual play reports from the Quick Ass Game System (QAGS) events I ran at GenCon this year. In order to present them to a broader audience, it has been asked nicely that I cross post them to this forum as well. Enjoy! Here is the first recap of my...
Top Bottom