• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Perdidas

Any fans of the COIN system?

So I recently picked up Root from Leder Games, and having played it a half dozen times I absolutely love it. The way that the different mechanics of each faction forms a little ecosystem is so captivating - it's definitely one of my favourite new board games in a long time. I know that one of...
  2. Perdidas

"I still prefer the older game"

A spin-off from this thread - I was about to reply to it with some video game grognardism, but felt it was more appropriate in VGO. So, does anyone else out there have franchises that they used to enjoy, but don't anymore? Or that you still enjoy but, feel as though the quality has declined...
  3. Perdidas

Serial season 2

I was very excited to wake up this morning and find this in my podcast feed! After all of the fanfare and hooplah surrounding the last season I'm hoping this one will be as well-received, and that there might be some good discussion arising from it here. For those who haven't listened to it...
  4. Perdidas

[#SGDQ2015] Summer Games Done Quick starts soon!

In about thirty-six hours the biannual Speed Demos Archive speed-running marathon for charity begins. This year all funds raised will be donated to Médecins Sans Frontières, and over a week the best players of games from all eras will be utterly demolishing some of your favourites in the...
  5. Perdidas

[minis] [pic-heavy] The Great War Exhibition

Not to steal too much thunder from Cessna's "now that's a wargame" thread, but this diorama of the Battle of Chunuk Bair being exhibited in Wellington was too spectacular not to share. Now, the Gallipoli Campaign has been used to fuel a pretty toxic form of jingoism in Australia in recent...
  6. Perdidas

Are sex workers a protected class? [Yes: check rule 2]

I know that this has been asked before, but I'd like to please suggest that moderators review their stance on (often quite vulgar) slurs towards sex workers being acceptable on this forum. There have been multiple instances of posters referring to sex workers as "hookers" and (more...
  7. Perdidas

[Recommend to me] Marvel Cosmic TPBs/Collections

Hi True Believers! Due to having a heap of severe dental work planned in coming weeks I'm going to have lots of recovery time on my hands, and figure I should fill at least some of it in by reading good ol'-fashioned funny books. I just finished reading the incredible Jim Starlin Warlock...
  8. Perdidas

[MtG] Help me design a standard deck!

Hi everyone, It's been many, many years since I played Magic seriously, but earlier this year I started playing a bunch of Sealed and Draft after someone on this forum recommended Mark Rosewater's podcasts and articles on game design. Those combined with Marshall Sutcliffe's podcasts and...
  9. Perdidas

The Railway Man

I just came back from an advance screening of this Australian/UK co-production, and it's absolutely incredible! Cutting back and forth between the early '80s and the early '40s, it deals with a group of Allied signalmen and engineers who were taken as POWs by Japanese forces after the fall of...
  10. Perdidas

[Spoilers] Breaking Bad Season 5, pt II - The Hype Thread

So -- after months upon months of anticipation -- the long-awaited final chapter of Breaking Bad is only a couple of days away. I figured it's about time to create a thread where people discuss their expectations for both the plot and production of the final half-season. Rest assured that this...
  11. Perdidas

[Let's Play] Warhammer Quest!

Hello OGO! As mentioned in a thread here (to some excitement), there has recently been released an iOS adaptation of the glassic Games Workshop board game Warhammer Quest. As a teenage miniatures gamer in a tiny, rural town in the 90s, my selection of fellow players was limited, so the solo...
  12. Perdidas

[WHFB] [Pic Heavy] 2000 points of goblins, complete!

So this thread is, actually, a few months overdue, as the project was completed earlier this year, but I recently got some decent photos that a friend took with his SLR at a local tournament earlier in the year (FRAG KING MMXIII). Some of you might remember these guys from a monthly painting...
  13. Perdidas

Candy Box!

This game completely destroyed my productivity tonight - it certainly seems like the kind of thing that VGO would appreciate...
  14. Perdidas

Person of Interest - does it get better?

So, after reading several good impressions of the show here, and seeing rave reviews for it elsewhere, I decided to check out Person of Interest. The premise seemed up my alley - the panoptic society of a Post-9/11 World, serialised investigation/infiltration-type scenarios, etc. Having got a...
  15. Perdidas

[minis] Large fire elemental required

So I'm in the market for a large fire elemental/demon/giant/ifrit/titan/etc, in 28mm scale, to act as the centrepiece for a new fantasy army that I'm in the process of painting up. Ideally I'd like something that's approximately the same size as the GW Balrog, or the Forgeworld Incarnate...
  16. Perdidas

Sex workers and group attacks, a clarification.

Not looking for a debate here, just a quick query for the mod staff - are sex workers considered a protected class, and are group attacks and slurs against them subsequently prohibited? Thanks for your help.
  17. Perdidas

Dash-Da-Dash DX

This game has completely ruined my productivity over the last 24 hours. It's some sort of bullet-hell puzzle game, and is ridiculously addictive. (I'm Kurt on the scoreboards, if you're the kind of person who's interested in that type of thing.) The only downside is that right now I'm...
  18. Perdidas

[WM][Painting][Pic-heavy] Highborn Covenant

I've had some good feedback on my WM projects here in the past, so I thought I'd post some pics of my fledgling Highborn force, straight from my painting table. I'm an average painter at best, but usually hope that consistency in theme and a decent colour scheme make my armies reasonably...
  19. Perdidas

[WM][Terrain][Minis] My table

So I've posted pics in the past of one of the tables my group made, but thought I'd share what I'd been up to recently. My housemate (a fellow gamer) and I moved about nine months ago now into a tiny, shoebox of an apartment. We've been talking since then of turning it into some paradise of...
  20. Perdidas

Teach me to Gauntlet

As I was walking past an Electronics Boutique earlier in the week my eye was caught by the signs of ridiculously reduced prices on PS2 games. After some browsing the only one that caught my eye was the Midway Classics Collection (which I picked up for the princely sum of $8AUD), solely for the...
Top Bottom