• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. Z

[Sell Me On] Saturday Morning Tabletop RPG

Hi! I just found out about this game, and I think it's a pretty cool implementation of the 5E ruleset. Does anyone have any actual play experience with this game? I'm looking to run a light-hearted, anime-inspired fantasy game, so I was hoping this could be it. Please, share your thoughts...
  2. Z

[Sell Me On] Barbarians of Lemuria VS BareBones Fantasy VS Zweihander

Hi! I'm looking for a sword and sorcery game, easy to prep, ideally with a dark, gritty tone. However, I'm confused about these games. What are the main differences between them? What is the difference between the Legendary and the Mythic Edition of Barbarians of Lemuria? How is magic treated...
  3. Z

Dragon Age with another system?

Hi! The title says it all. I'm curious to know whether any of you have ever tried running the Dragon Age setting with a system other than the official AGE system. If so, what was your experience like? What did you like the most? What didn't work out in the end?
  4. Z

[Sell me on] A good Dark Fantasy game

Hi! I'm currently looking into dark fantasy games. Ideally, I'd love to run a game that's halfway between Dragon Age and Game of Thrones, in terms of grittiness, drama, horror and intrigue. So, I went searching the interwebs for a good, flexible and fast-paced system that could provide some...
  5. Z

[Sell Me] A Story-driven system for a Megadungeon

Hi, there! For some time now, I've been planning to do a megadungeon campaign with a strong emphasis in story and character development, mainly inspired by The Tower of Druaga anime series. Now, I'm fairly experienced with Fate, but the system lacks the "niche protection" that more traditional...
  6. Z

Midgard Campaign Setting questions

Hi! I'm reading from a printed copy of the Midgard Campaign Setting .pdf and I have several questions regarding the setting. I was hoping some of you guys/gals could help me out: 1) Where is Melana located? I've looked and looked and I couldn't find it in any of the maps. 2) Where are Rosghaz...
  7. Z

[Anima Beyond Fantasy] System conversions?

Hi! I'm looking for any system conversion of Anima Beyond Fantasy, either in English or in Spanish. I really like the setting, but I cannot stand its hyper-complicated system. I'm not even a fan of percentual systems! So, if any one has walked this path before me, please let me know. Thanks...
  8. Z

Which Retroclone?

Hi! I'm looking for a D&D retroclone, since I really liked the Old-School Primer document and wanted to give this style of gaming a try. The problem is, I'm not really the usual consumer target who'd buy a retroclone out of nostalgia or because I'm looking to keep my favourite game viable for...
  9. Z

[Mindjammer] What is a Lightjammer?

Well, the post title says it all. I know they are the special ships where the Lowhighs live, but I'm not sure whether they are slow ships, 2-space planing ships, or something else. Also, I haven't found anywhere in the book about lightjammer stats. Can somebody help me? Regards, ZOOROOS
  10. Z

[LoA] Understading Overflow

Hi there, I just started an Eberron campaign using LoA and we had a blast. However, I'm not sure if I'm understanding the overflow rules correctly. As written, Overflow lets you use the extra shifts after taking down an enemy for a supplemental action that cannot be another attack or offensive...
  11. Z

War History of Athas

Hi folks! I'm running a game tonight, and since I'm providing pregens I was thinking up a few backgrounds. One of the characters is a noble man, coming from a long line of minor royalty from Raam. Then it struck me I knew next to nothing about the war history of Athas, which is kind of...
  12. Z

[necro][Eberron] Less kitchen-sink, more unique?

Hi! I've never been able to give Eberron a try, it always seemed to me just another kitchen-sink setting. On a more careful re-read, though, I've found a nice, pulpish/noir, high-magitech, action adventure setting. I still don't like the premise of "If it exists in D&D, it has a place in...
  13. Z

[D&D3.5/Pathfinder] Veteran GM wades into 3rd Ed - Help!

Hi there! I'm going to explain my particular situation. I started gaming with the classic Dark Sun boxed set and other home-made settings (AD&D) aproximately fifteen years ago, for about three years (give or take). Then I left the game for other genres and systems, like WoD, Palladium, Risus...
  14. Z

Help me steal D&D4E power sources for my own campaign!

Hi! Right now I'm planning on using Pathfinder's Golarion with the D&D4E/Exalted cosmology and the Savage Worlds system (though I'm not married to any system in particular). Now, I love some of the design concepts behind D&D4E, I just only hate its implementation. The three things I love the...
  15. Z

[Shaintar] Player's Guide - What I'd be missing?

Hi, I'm considering Shaintar for my next month purchase, and I've found there are two books available: Shaintar: Immortal Legends and Shaintar Player's Guide. I've understood the latter is for players and the former for DMs, but since my budget is pretty limited, I was wondering what I'd be...
  16. Z

Alternate system for Pathfinder Adv Paths?

Well, the title says it all. :D Except, I'm looking for relatively rules-light, easy-to-port, fast-paced system, and I'd also appreciate any playtesting experience you can share with me. I'm intending to run the Rise of the Runelords adventure path, but I cannot muster the strength to use the...
  17. Z

[Sell me/Unsell me] Artesia: Adventures in the Known World

Hi, I knew of the game by way of Mouse Guard RPG (which I've recently acquired and I'm enjoying it right now). I've glimpsed the Artesia rpg at Drivethru, read a couple of reviews and some previews of the comic book too. So, what are the big pluses of the game? What are its low points? Has...
  18. Z

[SR4E] Setting changes and you

How the updated setting has changed your game experience? That's my question, for all of you who used to play older versions of Shadowrun and have made the jump to the new, "wireless" Sixth World". I own both 3rd and 4th edition corebooks yet I've never had the chance to try them. I get the...
  19. Z

[SR4E] SIN access for metahumans?

HI, I was reading the history section of Shadowrun 4th edition and I couldn't find anywhere in the book about metahumans having full citizenship in the UCAS, that is to say access to a SIN. Could someone point me to a page number? Thanks in advance, ZOOROOS
  20. Z

[Sell me/unsell me] A Game of Thrones or A Song of Ice & Fire?

Hi, I've recently became acquainted with the works of George R. R. Martin and the news that there are actually two RPG books inspired by them in the market. So, in a nutshell, which book represents best the setting and mood of the novels? Which one is more fun to play? Which system is easier to...
Top Bottom