• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. D

Looking for a tabletop system to suit a Geneforge adaptation.

Cortex. Possible some variation of Heroic; treating the shaped as the various powers the Shapers have. Would turn them into the literal extension of the Shapers.
  2. D

(Star Trek Adventures) Advice for games with NPC Captains

Captain was Wrong for all the Right Reasons. You have to make decision with limited data, and based on the data available, they were going to make a decision by following the book of what those pieces of data said. No one ever got fired for doing the safe thing. But the XO, the XO saw...
  3. D

Games where GM Has a Complication Currency

Coriolis does something different - players have infinite points, because they only generate GM points; versus something that is player limited. And I love the mechanic because it feels right to me to let the players author their own demise.
  4. D

I've lost my mojo...

Yup. I had to leave a group that of the 7 (6 + GM) of us, I loved gaming with 5 of the other player. But the 6th? I love him as a friend, but as a gamer he made two-three campaigns so little fun, I finally left. I went and did other things, and after a while, started running my own game again.
  5. D

🎨 Creative A realistic science fiction future without guns

John Ringo, for all his faults, references this in his version of the "SCA shall inherit the earth," Council Wars - where there's an overwatching AI system that prevents guns but not allowing pressure to build up before a certain level. Some steam power is okay, but not too much, and anything...
  6. D

New Legend of the Five Rings

Well yes, but there’s a matter of detecting it and a matter of proving it in a courtly manner.
  7. D

New Legend of the Five Rings

Having played the beginner box, I’ve fallen in love with the dice, being as they are disposed towards success with a cost, and doesn’t involve a lot of adding and subtracting. Yes not hugely pertinent to the convos but I want to exclaim my enjoyment somewhere people would understand.
  8. D

Jenna Moran's upcoming new game, Glitch

You Sir, seem like a perfect candidate for a Jennifer Moran game.
  9. D

Humans as Social Glue?

I may be writing up Humans in my Sci-Fi game as pack bonding space orks. (When I was thinking of Cortex Prime as my core, one of their things was to form permanent relationships with people, places, and things extremely easily)
  10. D

How much player collusion?

I do both. My players will actively work for the dramatic events at the table; but they do like be surprised, and generally will write the surprises into their own narratives for things to come out of left field. But as Soylent Green noted - Roleplaying is messy, it is improv, generally with a...
  11. D

Aberrant 2nd Edition (Comic / Kickstarter is Successful)

That was actually the most telling thing for me to. Perhaps I just read too much science fiction, but the line is no longer that "we're killing the planet" it is that "we're killing our ability to live on the planet," and that the planet will continue on just fine when we can no longer survive...
  12. D

[GM-ing] Game choosing analysis paralysis - how do you deal with it?

I’m wrestling with this myself, as I’m looking at ending a 2.5 year game of 7th Sea, 2nd edition, and I’m kinda done playing in that sandbox for a while. I want to run something at least modern, preferably sci fi. I want blasters, shields, and aliens. My preference is a game that supports space...
  13. D

Are there any games where players have effectively unlimited meta-currency?

Coriolis flips this on its head. The players have unlimited usages of their mystic powers, special abilities, etc. But the GM gets the DP to screw with them later. It might be 1 point to just give the NPCs some minor ability, or to declare that a gun is empty and needs a reload, up to 3 points...
  14. D

What’s Your Ideal Sci-Fi RPG

I keep looking for what I want to run. Something in the vein of Mass Effect - wormholes/gates so that you get spacelanes, shields and such, multiple species and weirdness that happens with that. Something where both the gear and the person’s beliefs matter. Thus me toying around with Cortex...
  15. D

The Expanse RPG - anyone played it yet?

From the quick start it doesn’t look like the system is super tied to the setting (which as much as I love the setting), but I’ve been looking for something to run a Space Jocks game; and I see that it calls out starship combat.
  16. D

SCION - Second Edition: Opinions?

Momentum used to be an individual pool, now it is a group pool - that was one of the major changes that I remembered. Changed after the Kickstarter completed because of something that came out of the playtesting for the effect they wanted.
  17. D

Back to a Wired World

Because COMSEC is expensive, bulky, and degrades performance and efficiency. There’s a reason the first several generations of drones used in Afghanistan and Iraq didn’t have encryption on their signals. Getting enterprise encryption within an organization is a PITA, and is the most likely...
  18. D

Cortex Prime: All The Options

I may need to play around with that, as I’m already planning on having two distinct phases - The Mission, and the Civilian life. Or if I keep Values for both, focus on skills for the military side, and then relationships for the civilian side.
  19. D

I think the biggest issue is that I want to serve two masters - space action soap opera, because I know my players. So I want something to support the emotional angst and decision making as well as what makes sense for the piloting. Leaning towards going to go with Values + Skills/Specialities...
  20. D

I’m discovering a problem with giving me a buffet of options. I want them all. I’m playing around with a military sci-fi game, but troupe style where the players are playing multiple characters - fundamentally everyone’s a fighter pilot, but also someone else. The problem is that I want...
Top Bottom