• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Search results

1. The Unshaven

Clarifying the role of the Hype Machine

Hi folks, as a low priority question, I'd like to see if I can understand the role of the Glamorous Unrestrained Hype Machine better. My understanding is that it's for people who are posting ads for their products. I've had a couple of threads moved there, despite the fact I had thought I was...
  2. The Unshaven

Second volume of the San Jenaro Co-op's Short Games Digest climbing the ranks at DTRPG

The San Jenaro Co-op's Short Games Digest Volume 1 climbed to the #1 best seller position at DTRPG, despite being made by a small collection of RPG authors with no advertising budget who share all profits. Short Games Digest Volume 2 is out now, and is even better value than Volume 1. For $10...
  3. The Unshaven

Anybody want a good game for the Dark Crystal setting?

I've seen a resurgence of interest in Dark Crystal because of Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance, and whenever it comes up I always think of War of Ashes: Fate of Agaptus by Sophie Lagace and Evil Hat. It's a perfect fit: It's directly inspired by the Muppets and the Jim Henson-verse. The...
  4. The Unshaven

Are there services you could use to buy something from a US webstore and ship it overseas?

Hi folks, the Evil Hat clearance sale tempts me, but for sensible reasons doesn't ship outside the US. Does anyone know of a company I could use to order some books and then pay to ship them internationally? I'm at least interested in exploring what private shipping would cost: there's every...
  5. The Unshaven

Fate Accessibility Toolkit now available in prototype form PDF from DFRPG and Itch.io

The Fate Accessibility Toolkit is out in prototype form where all the text is ready to go, but without art. Sales of the prototype PDF fund the development of art, and if you buy the prototype it'll be upgraded to the art-full version once it's ready - just as they tried doing with the Fate...
  6. The Unshaven

Non-spoilery question about Yuki Yuuna is a Hero, Season 2

Hi folks, We really enjoyed Yuki Yuuna is a Hero, season 1. It had problematic elements, but held our attention and did some powerful things. It also felt very, VERY self contained. I've heard there's a season 2, and that... doesn't make sense to me AT ALL. As such, I'm afraid of checking it...
  7. The Unshaven

"We Say 'Fuck You, Pay Me'": A clear and comprehensive investigation of RPG industry pay rates.

Hi folks, Beau Sheldon - of such fantastic resources as the Script Change RPG consent and safety toolkit, the Thoughty blog that features the Five Or So Questions series about RPGs plus a bunch of other great content, and games like the forthcoming Turn: A Tabletop Game of Shapeshifters in Small...
  8. The Unshaven

The Roleplayer's Guide to Heists on Kickstarter

The San Jenaro Co-Op has a Kickstarter up for The Roleplayer's Guide to Heists, which is designed to be system agnostic. I'm interested in the idea for a number of reasons: for one thing, heists are always tricky to pull in RPGs. The best resource I've been previously was Crimeworld from John...
  9. The Unshaven

Anyone heard about Dust Wardens, "A queer RPG about community and connection in a haunted roadside apocalypse"?

Dust Wardens, by Nora Blake, is on Kickstarter and it seemed worth sharing: the whole premise appeals to me, probably because it feels hopepunk. Here's the blurb: It's PBTA inspired system-wise, but uses tarot cards alongside dice. What's also impressive to me is that all of the diverse...
  10. The Unshaven

Kickstarter for Ettin's Hard Wired Island = Actual Cyberpunk That Hasn't Forgotten The 'Punk' Bit.

I've been meaning to write about this for a while but a week of hooting lunacy involving calls from journalists in the middle of the night was... disruptive to my ability to Talk Game Stuff. HERE GOES. Hard Wired Island. Firstly, here's a Twitter thread about the game: Highlights include...
  11. The Unshaven

Retrocausality, from our own Ettin: who else is interested, and has anybody tried it out?

So, Ettin released a time-travel shenanigans game called Retrocausality on itch.io and DTRPG, and it looks interesting to me. (Personally I'd get it from the itch.io link, the proportion of sales that goes back to developers is Significantly Higher.) Here's the blurb, and the final listed...
  12. The Unshaven

How Fate of Cthulhu (currently on Kickstarter) is doing something with mythos storytelling I've not seen before.

{I'm not affiliated with Evil Hat or the project in any way, I just want to talk about the project.} So the kickstarter for Fate of Cthulhu just started, and hit its funding goal within four hours. Here's the blurb: And there's a lot about the premise that interests me. According to this...
  13. The Unshaven

Let's talk through recommendations for the Evil Hat clearance sale - anything unsold will be pulped in November.

The Evil Hat clearance sale contains so many wonderful things at massive discounts, although they can only ship within the US. Social media has revealed that the plan is to pulp all remaining stock of these books in November, so I thought it'd be a good opportunity to set up a space where...
  14. The Unshaven

A survey about what a speculative, hypothetical modern version of the Tribe8 RPG might look like.

Here's the survey link. (Note for clarity: not my survey.) I'm very interested to see where this might go. For myself, I genuinely don't know what I want from a Tribe 8 reboot: I found the system too detailed for my tastes, but even though I had trouble grokking it, it felt right for the...
  15. The Unshaven

Kickstarter for Rosenstrasse from Unruly Designs, War Birds, Moyra Turkington & Jessica Hammer - a game 2019 needs.

Rosenstrasse is almost funded at two weeks into its kickstarter run, and I'm very curious to see it once it's done. I'm sadly ignorant about much of the detailed history that unfolded across Europe in the lead-up to WW2 - NZ's education system tended to focus on the broad-strokes, with...
  16. The Unshaven

"Gab Dissenter" is an app/tool that lets neonazi fuckheads post on closed forums (Mod Note: Not exactly)

Hi folks, I've seen a tonne of redpill neonazi turds start surfacing over the last little while in spaces that had been getting rid of them, and it turns out to be connected to this. Fuckwits are using it with positive glee to get into spaces they'd been banned from or otherwise shut out of...
  17. The Unshaven

Happy Death Day, and its sequel, Happy Death Day 2U.

I was impressed by these: they're basically a genre-mashup between a slasher movie and Groundhog Day that succeeds at hitting the beats of both. Happy Death Day managed to be cleverer and more creative than I expected, and then Happy Death Day 2U came along and not only lacked sequelitis, it...
  18. The Unshaven

What's the system like for Ironclaw?

I don't know much about Ironclaw, or Jadeclaw for that matter: what's the system like? I've seen that they're in the current Bundle of Holding, and I've heard good things: generally they sound like the kind of game I'd like to support. The issue is that if the system is too complex or grounded...
  19. The Unshaven

Would a spotlight thread in TRO for RPG work from people targeted by harassment be appropriate?

Hi folks, Shining a light on all the wonderful work by folks who've been targeted for harassment by notable assholes seems like a thing we can do right now, but I'm aware there's an interest in keeping that discussion to Tangency. Would such a thread be appropriate for TRO? It seems like the...
  20. The Unshaven

A thread of folks publishing TTRPGs on Itch.Io

So, DungeonCommandr wrote an interesting post lately summarising some discussions happening online about how potentially useful a space Itch.Io might be for selling TTRPG games. My understanding is that the founders of Itch had responded to the broader discussion (which DungeonCommandr was also...
Top Bottom