1. CoreyHaim8myDog

🎨 Creative 101 Things for Sci-Fi Salvage

The lobster it the fridge. A Star Destroyer. A XO-MAN 9000 toy. What do you find in space?
  2. M

MoonHunter Sayeth 235

No man who bothers about originality will ever be original: wheras if you simply try to tell the truth (without caring two pence how often it has been told before) you will, nine times out of ten, become original without ever having noticed it. CS Lewis This is something that comes up a lot...
  3. G

🎨 Creative 101 Civilian Mass-Produced "Cyberpunk" Vehicles

Let's have a bunch of vehicles for a "cyberpunk" world. I won't argue over the definition of "cyberpunk". I'm thinking of worlds something like Cyberpunk 2020 or Shadowrun, but if you think that your vehicle fits a "cyberpunk" world, it's appropriate. It has to be a civilian, mass-produced...
  4. Civil Savage

Let us speak of gnomes

Share your stories of gnomes. Gnome PCs, NPCs, plotlines, or whatever. How do gnomes feature in your campaigns?
  5. M

MoonHunter Sayeth Waunderer's Way

A short form location for the Waunderer's Way Setting. Waunderers Way Waunderer's Way Intro Waunderer's Way Continued Waunderer's Way The Road Waunderer's Way Empire of the Emerald Road Waunderer's Way Dr Apocalypse Terminology for Waunderer's Way Working document More...
  6. T

"Realistic" things that no-one actually wants to deal with in fantasy games

These things sometimes get addressed in play, but half-heartedly. Because in the end, it's just not fun to "simulate" too much! What do you think? 1. Coins and monetary system Walk into a bar, throw down a coin that you just looted from the 2000-year old Tomb of the Demon King. It is of unknown...
  7. Crimson Carcharodon

Unused/Shelved Game Pitches

Right now I'm running three PbP games, which is about my limit for what I can keep up with. Unfortunately, there are SO MANY games I want to run, but just don't have the time for. The Park - Think Jurassic Park, but more gonzo. A whole island of wild theme parks like Dinoland, Aquazone...
  8. M

🎨 Creative (101) Alternate Worlds, Spheres, Realms, and Dimensions to visit

Here is a home for "places" where characters might visit as they move through The *Verse. If you want to see what world posts can look like, here is a thread of examples (the later posts are better for that). Each listing should include what "the current drama" is and maybe what might happen...
  9. C

🎨 Creative 101 fun things to do with necromancy

We are talking classic fantasy necromancy that can do things as ridiculous as animating whole skeletons. 1) Controling your hair It is made of dead cells after all. 2) Controling other peoples hair The obvious next step. 3) Animating severed hands so they crawl around Because, why not? 4)...
  10. A

101 Clubs, Cliques, and Groups, in a school where everybody is in on the masquerade.

Attention please! This is an important notice! Ok, this is a school... of adventure! Here's the twist: Everyone in this school, is not normal. Except for maybe one or two hapless people. The thing is, everyone is pretty much has magic, superpowers, peak human training, a tragic past, a grand...
  11. A

101 reasons why mages are persecuted

Ok, you know how mages are feared, persecuted, ostracized, and shunned, even when they got that sweet, sweet, magic? Yeah, this is why. Just one caveat: You can not have the magic itself being inherently corrupting. So no warhammer fantasy chaos winds, guys.
  12. A

🎨 Creative 101 spells for urban fantasy?

So yeah, I've been thinking of making an urban fantasy story. So... one thing I realised is that most of the spells in normal fantasy would be somewhat ill-suited to the environment within modern cities. Samples spells...
  13. A

101 non-standard reasons for an alien invasion

See above. Its kinda boring, how they constantly invade us, when there's so much better real estate around. So yes. It can be funny, it can be whimsical, or it can be serious. Just make it original. 1) Tax cuts The alien needs money. And needs it, fast. And one of the best ways to get money...
  14. King Stag

🎨 Creative Help me populate my Supers world!

I am running a M&M 3e game and am setting it on an alternate Earth. Similar to ours, it has many of the same countries and US states but I want LOTS of room for creativity. In my game, super powered people have been around for hundreds of years and changed the course of history a bit. I am using...
  15. Marcantony

🎨 Creative Things that would be discovered in the solar system in a supers universe

Its your generic supers world. Humanity (and superhumanity) have finally started exploring the solar system. What are they going to find? Even if someone has posted about one of the planets feel free to add to it. This includes everything in the solar system; the Sun, Mercury, Venus, Mars...
  16. Varyar

🎨 Creative [Sword and Sorcery] 101 Things to find in a Lost Civilization's City

In another forum, I'm about to start a PBP game set in a vaguely Conan-esque setting. The twist is that it's really a prehistoric Hellboy game (the priestess who hires the characters to explore the lost city is trying to revive one of the Ogdru Jahad - ancient, malevolent and vastly powerful...
  17. Killer300

🎨 Creative 101 Super Soldiers

Christmas has come and gone, but the one thing I was lacking for was super soldiers. That, and my previous list of things thread went ridiculously well, arms dealers for those curious, so I thought it would be cool to start another one. 1) Urci Shock Troops: The Urci love their super soldiers...
  18. CoreyHaim8myDog

🎨 Creative The Big List of Cyberpunk Tropes

Megacorporations Urban Asian-influenced Neon Computers Things like that.
  19. Prometheus878

🎨 Creative 1001 Imperial Outrages! Down with the tyrants!

Alright, I'll hop on this 1001 list bandwagon. I've thought of a few things that would turn an occupied nation against its conqueror real fast (specifically in the context of Exalted, but they're general enough to apply elsewhere). Here's the list, and please do add to it with your ideas: 1...
  20. Dalillama

🎨 Creative [1001] Things to ride that aren't horses.

Or ponies, donkeys, mules, zebras, unicorns, or any other type of equid whatsoever. This is particularly for fantasy settings, which typically include all manner of fantasical beasts, magical and non (except sometimes to the extent that magic may be required to keep a wyvern in the air or the...
Top Bottom