• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Director: Why Mackenzie Davis Will ‘Scare the F— Out of’ Misogynists

AegonTheUnready

Friend to kittens everywhere
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I caught this on Variety, thought maybe the board would like this
‘Terminator: Dark Fate’ Director: Why Mackenzie Davis Will ‘Scare the F— Out of’ Misogynists

Director Tim Miller is set to storm Hall H with “Terminator: Dark Fate,” his new vision for the beloved Arnold Schwarzenegger action franchise, which Paramount and Skydancewill release in November. The Comic-Con vet has not only mounted blockbusters like “Deadpool” in San Diego but has also been attending for 25 years. Here’s his fanboy battle strategy.

How will you win over Hall H with this new take on “Terminator”?

If I was a nerd, and I am, I always imagine reading about plot or story and how I would feel as a fan. I can be objective that way, like I did with “Deadpool.” When I read online when we announced the film, “‘Terminator 6’? For f–k’s sake, why don’t they let it die?” I understand where those people are coming from. If it’s not great, then we’ve had enough.
Looking good so far. Will wait for the usual suspects to start wailing cries of anguish...

full article

Qwa'ha Xahn

High King of the Known Worlds
Validated User
I don’t know. I can’t shake the feeling that headlines like that unintentionally hang “kick me” signs on the film and Davis. The ‘gaters were always going to howl, but if the film makers are perceived to be declaring themselves a feminist masterwork and don’t nail the bullseye, they could end up taking heat from that angle as well.

Thornhammer

More Ullish in Hue
Validated User
I think he's overestimating the outrage. This isn't a franchise where "strong female protagonist" is an untested and unaccepted idea.

-Thornhammer

Propagandor

Square-Cube Law Compliant
Validated User
Personally it feels a bit like a desperate attempt to generate some buzz about a franchise that was long ago driven into the ground

HDimagination

Building something out of Scrap
Validated User
Well, Joe Abercrombie's mention got my attention if nothing else. It's a shame that the franchise is little more than a joke at this stage. So many desperate attempts to spin it off into a franchise, none of which have really worked, and only one received any kind of critical acclaim.

I think they just need to stop. The only thing that would get my attention is if the new enemies from this film were not in any way connected to skynet, but some new menace from the new future that's been created, but i don't think that's likely.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Well, Joe Abercrombie's mention got my attention if nothing else. It's a shame that the franchise is little more than a joke at this stage. So many desperate attempts to spin it off into a franchise, none of which have really worked, and only one received any kind of critical acclaim.

I think they just need to stop. The only thing that would get my attention is if the new enemies from this film were not in any way connected to skynet, but some new menace from the new future that's been created, but i don't think that's likely.

Nate_MI

Formerly 'Raveled'
Validated User
Speaking seriously, I'm looking forward to this. Everything since T2 has been a bag of knobs, but this looks genuinely quite entertaining, and I'm up for badass warrior grandma.

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I think he's overestimating the outrage. This isn't a franchise where "strong female protagonist" is an untested and unaccepted idea.

-Thornhammer
It’s not like the history of a franchise has ever stopped misogynists before.

Top Bottom