#1: From Small Cubes ...

I remember back in the day when Atlas Games and then Hogshead Publishing seemed determined to become "the island of orphaned game lines." In both cases, I appreciated their efforts, as they saved and promoted game lines that were a refreshing change from what was seen every day on FLGS game shelves. They helped keep my interest in RPGs alive.

Now it seems that Cubicle 7 is stepping into that much-needed niche, serving as a way to get RPGs from a broad array of publishers and pushing them over the hurdles of getting noticed by more than just the tiny segment of the market already interested in them. Thank you, and I'm setting money aside for Legends of Anglerre. :)

Grimkrieg

Like buttered silk
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I was introduced to Angus at Essen; I have to say I was really impressed with the Doctor Who stuff that he showed us. Very high quality and a thoughtful approach to game design. I can't wait to get a copy and dive into the nuts and bolts.

Edit: I also have to Echo the author's sentiments and say that Angus is pretty damn cool.

Last edited:

tjmasiakowski

Retired User
Brilliant article Dom. Thanks for sharing! It's really cool to read about the inside part of the company and game publishing I've been thinking about so long.

DomCB7

Validated User
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, SLA should be on the list - oops! I cross-referenced with our release schedule to make sure I had all our games listed (with a 2 year old and a month-old baby, I didn't trust my memory!) but, of course, we haven't firmed up the SLA releases yet so it wasn't on there...sorry to cause any concern.

We have two SLA supplements in development, both of which aren't at final manuscript stage yet so we aren't sure of the ETA (but we certainly hope to have them ready in 2010 - Hunter Sheets 2 and Soft Companies. We'll say a bit more about them when we are in a position to give firm release dates.

Ahrimanius

SLA Cloak Divison
Validated User
Thanks for the replies!

Yes, SLA should be on the list - oops! I cross-referenced with our release schedule to make sure I had all our games listed (with a 2 year old and a month-old baby, I didn't trust my memory!) but, of course, we haven't firmed up the SLA releases yet so it wasn't on there...sorry to cause any concern.

We have two SLA supplements in development, both of which aren't at final manuscript stage yet so we aren't sure of the ETA (but we certainly hope to have them ready in 2010 - Hunter Sheets 2 and Soft Companies. We'll say a bit more about them when we are in a position to give firm release dates.
Awesome a Soft Companies Sourcebook & I loved HS 1:D

Well maybe theirs still hope for SLA 2.0;)

Top Bottom