• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

🎨 Creative 101 Cosmic Heroes

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
A repost from earlier

Contest of Stellar Champions
Okay, I have done over half of these entries. Normally I would quit such a thread. So here is the deal. You do one (or more) a day, I will do one to match it. Come on community, pick up the gauntlet and lets make some Champions!

Characters can be obviously cosmic: Like The Marvel Cosmic Trio of Silver Surfer, Captain Marvel, and Adam Warlock. This trinity was rounded out by the original version of Star Lord and Starhawk from original Guardians of the Galaxy team (Guardians 3000 now).

The Eternals and the New Gods as cosmic heroes, sometimes... or just cosmic entities.

Green Lanterns aand Nova Corps are cosmic cops. Super Cops with Space as their jurisdictions.

We can take Superheroes that live and operate in Space (Space Ghost, Galaxy Trio, Zandar and his Herculoids, Current Guardians of the Galaxy, and so on).

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
52) Red Knight

You will find him floating there... on low power. He is slowly recharging, but an outside power pulse will help him.

He is a Star Knight from what we would call the 28th century (or a few centuries in your future). He has a cyberonic power suit fused with his organics (giving him powers comparable to a being in the middle of the High Range of powers available. (Not Cosmic, just Super). Due to some mishap, he has been thrown from the future into The Past.

He is handy for your immediate issues. He is a hero after all (or at least of heroic inclination).

This would not be so bad, but he is continuing his mission - eradicating the Deamoni (shape manipulating possessing species with psionics) who are attempting to take over The Galaxy (and plunge it into a Stellar Dark Ages to make it easier to rule). He is attacking Deamoni for crimes they have yet to commit. He is disrupting time. Other cosmic entities have taken to notice this and a few might even get involved.... including ones that might do more damage helping than not.

This is going to make things complicated as "time goes on".

Remember, on any day someone posts to this thread, I will post to this thread asap.
I promise to catch up if I am off the site for a couple of days

Manitou

Emperor of the Americas
Validated User
53)He That Dances In His Psalms: A blue skinned humanoids, with 6 arms and 4 legs. Is almost always seen dancing. Has long dull black hair that is filled with stars and other "Stellar phenomenon." His eyes are also black voids filled with the same as his hair. He wears little besides a dull loinclothe. Some peoples have claimed to heard his voice in their head, something "too beautiful to describe with mere words" is a common comment about it, as well as the constant impression of psalms being song in his mind, hence his name. He hasn't been heard to physically speak. He can survive and travel unaided in space, including at FTL speeds, though he can also just port straight to somewhere on occasions, the rules for when he can and can't do this are unknown at this time.
Combatwise he can utterly ignore attacks he can perceive, and there is very little he doesn't perceive in his vicinity. Even if surprised, he is incredibly tough and strong and quick. As well as a skilled and experience grappler/striker and combatant in general. He has an elegant celestial bow which can fire impossibly powerful arrows a much longer distance that he should be able to. And a very large mace others can't lift. These can both damage things they shouldn't be able to. He seems to have his own hammerspace he keeps most of his stuff.
He largely seems interested in besting well known space tyrants and cosmic threats, but can potentially show up anywhere with little warning.
He can be very seductive and adaptive in reproductive physiology, and thus can sire children with whomever he seduces(this can include him ended up the pregnant one, even if that doesn't make sense for the species).

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
54) Kammatau

Kaummatau is cosmic entity with appropriate powers and abilities. He seldom uses them, except for the occasional shapeshifting. He tends to operate as an espionage operative, infiltrating and eliminating various organizations, science groups, or government divisions that investigate "the unknown". (These are usually of low tech or social octave cultures who do not understand how dangerous these things could truly be.) Since the unknown tends to be forerunner technology or "left overs" from alien cultures who had visited various planets and cultures before they should be contacted (transtellar or transdimensional). By dealing with them in such a low key way, he does not bring "extra attention" to the items, the secrets, or the culture (who might then be visited by other beings who either want said items or want to destroy it (and anyone who might be near it).

It is only when one of these groups, activate something that gets out of control, that he might intervene with his cosmic powers. It is better to bring attention to the location than let a harmonic union of mind or a thermal replicator destroy a local culture.

Remember, on any day someone posts to this thread, I will post to this thread asap.

Wolflord

Validated User
Dawn Star. Talia Brice was the last candidate in a failing super soldier program. Desperate for a hero, she was infused with cosmic rays until she was bursting with power, Talia became a beacon for her ailing world.

After 10 years of fighting crime on her own world, her massive powers began to spin out of control. She was forced to leave her world and head into space.

Talia was found by the Space Patrol far from her home, bursting with raw cosmic power, about to explode. Taking her in, the Patrol were able to stabilize her. After a time, Talia joined them and now fights threats to her world and the galaxy.

Dawn Star is a 7 foot, red skinned, four armed humanoid. She wears a red and silver harness to help her control the energies she wields.

MoonHunter

RPGnet Member
Validated User
56) Kedju of The Throne

Kedju is a cosmic entity that rules over Omnic IV. He appears as a golden encased humanoid of 3m stature. There are not a lot of sentients on Omnic IV or in the Omnic system. There is not a lot to recommend the planets. Still there always seems to be just enough resources to go around. As for the sentients, they are mostly refugees from other disasters (sentient made, cosmic made, or just bad luck). The DSEs in the stellar neighborhood seem "well behaved" and are obviously in conversation with Kedju. Kedju acts as the single law giver and protective force for the system. Given his cosmic level of awareness and energy powers, that is fair and formidable enough. Most of the time Kedju just sits on this throne and broods. All he cares about is his system... and maybe the people who choose to live here under his rule. If something would happen that would "get him of his throne", it would be threatening to the universe itself indeed.

29/.52

Last edited:
Top Bottom