101 D&D Monsters Most Likely To Have Been Created By Cocaine Wizards

Dagor

Validated User
Some cocaine wizards manage to hold down regular jobs, where they have to wear perfectly pressed robed and submit daily status reports. At least for a while....
Right, I get it now. It's not even drugs. Some plane-traveling wizards came across the world of "A Miracle of Science" (link to the TV Tropes page about it rather than the comic itself because while the latter absolutely makes good reading in my book that's probably the better way to get a quick idea of what I'm talking about), hung around for a bit, and ended up coming back with bad cases of science-based memetic disorder. It all fits, I tell you!

As for obvious a-wizard-did-it monsters, I'm genuinely surprised nobody's mentioned the gelatinous cube yet. Come on, nothing ever just evolves to naturally hold that kind of shape!

junglefowl26

Validated User
The Wayback Machine remembers all!

Part 1

Part 2
That's great! Thank you so much! I have been looking all over for these.

I have an idea to have magically created/mutated creatures just be an active thing in the world (rather than just something that supposedly happened long ago), and I really want to have Hydric Cygnets - that is to say, Large sized, multiheaded, regenerating, super strong guard swans for a particularly dramatic and ostentatious bad guy and their island fortress
Oh, I really like that idea, especially for some Bond esque fancy bad guy.

As for obvious a-wizard-did-it monsters, I'm genuinely surprised nobody's mentioned the gelatinous cube yet. Come on, nothing ever just evolves to naturally hold that kind of shape!
I think that was made explicitly so in some article or book or something.

DMH

Master of Mutant Design
Validated User
The housecat, an animal that can cleave through common people like a hot knife through butter (at least in older editions). That sounds like something an archmage would create for a familiar that keeps the peasants at bay.

Ogres are a failure because they are too stupid and hungry to do most of the work they were created for.

Sahuagin are wizard creations according to Sea Devils. They were aquatic elves transformed to be servants and later were found by Sekola (sp?) who gave them their current culture.

Silvercat Moonpaw

Quadruped Transhuman
Validated User
Thing is, the monster is based on the Goetic demon because they used that demon's design for one of the vestiges (spirits for the binder class) in that book. Then they made it into a species because that's what D&D does.

Top Bottom